It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Youtube embedding issues?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I've followed directions to the letter and sometimes they post and sometimes they don't. &featured=related is not working in preview or post and I noticed vids posted by moderators in the help section are not showing either. What am I doing wrong?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

Cut and paste the letters/numbers/symbols between the = and the &...

youtube.com/watch?v=BIPm60-0smc&list=PLCC9437481EFD06D7

See it?.....................^...................^

Click the Vid:youtube button... paste...

Press ok

Tadaa!!

edit on 22-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mtnshredder
I've followed directions to the letter and sometimes they post and sometimes they don't. &featured=related is not working in preview or post and I noticed vids posted by moderators in the help section are not showing either. What am I doing wrong?

Umm?

&feature=related is not a yvid tag.

I have no idea what you're trying to do with so little info. Post the entire url to the youtube video so people can help ya!!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by mtnshredder

Cut and paste the letters/numbers/symbols between the = and the &...

Click the Vid:youtube button... paste...

Press ok

Tadaa!!

You'd think it'd be easy to implement a script to grab a youtube url and strip the tag out automatically, to save problems where the tag seems impossible for some people to embed.

I have no idea how they've glued the website here together over the years, but a simple script..

People get mixed up with embedding the tag because they always include too much or miss some chars. THe only real way to know is to see the url they want or it could result in more green lines added to the post than videos. oO

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Let's take the following link, for instance:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LP3Zs_V_BQ

You want everything after "watch?v=", which is the letters and numbers. And then you press the "VID: YOUTUBE" button and paste the video number into that window. What you get is:

After you get done reading my post, go ahead and hit the "Quote" button in my post so you can see how it is done.

If you have a YouTube link with all that extra baggage like "&feature=", you need to search YouTube for that particular video so that you get that actual video URL without all the extra garbage in the URL.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It also helps to grab the video from YouTube direct instead of somebodies channel, a playlist, or blog. That eliminates the excess garbage. And oh, for everyone...

To leave out the ad on most videos wait to grab the ID number until after the ad is done playing. Or after you "skip the ad". That way we don't have to watch it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Adblocker in the browser prevents you from watching those ads also.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
If you have a YouTube link with all that extra baggage like "&feature=", you need to search YouTube for that particular video so that you get that actual video URL without all the extra garbage in the URL.

You can just remove the additional parameters.

Anything with an & before it is usually a new parameter passed to the googles..

Wouldn't you know it, I'm trying to find a youtube video with added baggage and as always the internet is baffling me. When you don't want one, they're everywhere. When you do, you can't even explicitly search for one.

Ahhhah *shakes fist at google*...

But yeah, it's usually the 11 character string after the v=.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
reply to post by intrptr

Adblocker in the browser prevents you from watching those ads also.

Thanks. I was absent in school. Which Browser?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I may have figured it out, had something to do with my extensions and it was probably adblock. Although after disabling adblock, was still not able to see any vids on ATS. I had to go into safari/preferences and turn all extensions off. Odd thing is I've had my comp configured this way for awhile and never had this problem until today

UPDATE:It is an extension called Google disconnect causing the problem not Adblock.

edit on 22-5-2013 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join