I was moved by an instance of masonic charity and wanted to share it

page: 2
16
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by wiser3
 


happy to hear,,,,


so masons help for the sake of mankind--- and not for the public image,,, right......
goody little two shoes,,,

of course there is the minority who really do care,,,, MINORITY...

if satan logged to this site,, someone would immediately defend it,,him,her...
saying--- hey, he is a good guy c`mon....
edit on 23-5-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)




posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by solve
 


If the masons were helping just to gain points in the public image realm they don't seem to be doing a very good job at it judging by the comments on ATS.

How do you garner points with the public if everything you do is done anonymously? Yeah that's right, that's why they have such a great public image because they don't broadcast what they do to the world! Makes sense to me! NOT!



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by wiser3
 


happy to hear,,,,


so masons help for the sake of mankind--- and not for the public image,,, right......
goody little two shoes,,,

of course there is the minority who really do care,,,, MINORITY...

if satan logged to this site,, someone would immediately defend it,,him,her...
saying--- hey, he is a good guy c`mon....


Masons are in fact to practise charity and are to help for the sake of the deed that needs doing, not for any sort of glory or recognition. Full stop. In fact, Masons are reminded of this during the closing lecture after the installation of lodge officers. This guy clearly goes above and beyond what the vast majority can do and clearly deserves an attaboy for his actions.

I take it from the certainty of your pronouncement that you can back up you assertions with linkable, citable statistics?

Fitz



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by solve
 


How do you garner points with the public if everything you do is done anonymously? Yeah that's right, that's why they have such a great public image because they don't broadcast what they do to the world! Makes sense to me! NOT!


So, we're not to do charitable works unless there's public approbation and glory? Gotcha!


When I give to and/or do charitable works, I really don't care whether anti-Masons on ATS or anywhere else question my motives. I've done the deeds because they needed doing and don't need recognition from others as some sort of childish reward. It's called being an adult.

Fitz



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


the many shades of grey.......

for example hitler was a good guy for finland,, if he had not helped us, WHEN NO ONE ELSE DID,,
i would live in russia!

so you like masons, i dont.

majority hates hitler, how could I? when he is the one to thank, for my home?



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


the many shades of grey.......

for example hitler was a good guy for finland,, if he had not helped us, WHEN NO ONE ELSE DID,,
i would live in russia!

so you like masons, i dont.

majority hates hitler, how could I? when he is the one to thank, for my home?


Wanna provide majority examples of Masons doing other-than-charitable works? I'm talking real world, not off-in-la-la-land conspiracy site assertion!

Fitz

p.s. Your Hitler equivalency is tasteless plus I'd venture that Finns on the main don't share what seems to be your positive view of him



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


honouring freemasons on a conspiracy site is tasteless,

ps, ask our grandparents who hailed him in our capital,, no one forced them,,
he saved this country.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I used to do silver service waitressing in the past and catered to the Masons at one of their events. They were all normal guys in siuts chatting away. They were pleasant to the staff and had banter with us and tipped very well at the end of the evening.

I didn't overhear any plans to take over the world though, maybe next time.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Onami
 


why plan something that has already been done?

look around.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Onami
I used to do silver service waitressing in the past and catered to the Masons at one of their events. They were all normal guys in siuts chatting away. They were pleasant to the staff and had banter with us and tipped very well at the end of the evening.

I didn't overhear any plans to take over the world though, maybe next time.


We usually don't discuss world takeover at dinner. That's a breakfast topic.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


honouring freemasons on a conspiracy site is tasteless,


Equating Freemasons to Hitler is tasteless. By your 'logic', animal fanciers and vegans as groups should also be held in contempt as Hitler was a vegetarian who was also kind to animals.

In case you missed it, ATS' motto is "Deny Ignorance" which is what the Masons here do on a regular and on-going basis. If you want to embrace ignorance, that's your prerogative; just don't expect to be able to make tasteless assertions without challenge


Originally posted by solve

ps, ask our grandparents who hailed him in our capital,, no one forced them,,
he saved this country.


You're closer; you ask. My suspicion is that he's not seen in heroic terms.

Fitz



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


well the H man is kinda out of fashion these days.. if you dont get it,
but that doesnt change history.

my ignorance shall continue, until they stop having secret rituals and they explain themselves.

maybe start right now? change my perspective?
i am open minded.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


well the H man is kinda out of fashion these days.. if you dont get it,

I get it though I get the impression that he may not necessarily be "out of fashion" with you.


Originally posted by solve
but that doesnt change history.

Where's your list of the majority misdeeds of Masons that will make your point something other than moot? Or are you just going to hand wave that away as an inconvenient truth?


Originally posted by solve
my ignorance shall continue, until they stop having secret rituals and they explain themselves.

Uh....you don realise that the 'secrets' haven't been secret in near-on three centuries, don't you? I mean Google is your friend if you're so inclined. I won't tell you myself but I'm not going to be coy and pretend our ritual isn't easily found. But I'm sure there'll be some reason why you won't pick up the gauntlet.


Originally posted by solve
maybe start right now? change my perspective?

Judging from your tone and manner of equivocation, I doubt that's possible. You do your own local investigating if you're actually interested. But I'm sure there'll be some reason why you won't pick up the gauntlet.


Originally posted by solve
i am open minded.

I really doubt that.

Fitz



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought
 


You appear to be one fo the most cynical and jaded persons I have ever encountered. The person in the OP did something for others, why do you feel the need to denigrate them because of a group they belong to when they were helping others.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


well, i wouldnt want to live in russia,,, so thanks H

I was talking about ww2

how do i know that some net site isnt just full of wannabee masons lying?
besides i have more understanding that any masonic ritual could ever provide. period.

done the local sniffing,, it was fun,, and you are right, this is not the best day for me, sorry for my tone.
i have talked to masons cause i wanted to join, but guess what? my "status" wasnt high enough for them,
just wanted to talk about things with like-minded people. turns out they are mindless people, at least the blue lodges

for the last one-------- the spice must flow.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


well, i wouldnt want to live in russia,,, so thanks H

I was talking about ww2

Really? Gwannn!



Originally posted by solve
how do i know that some net site isnt just full of wannabee masons lying?
besides i have more understanding that any masonic ritual could ever provide. period.

Care to elaborate what your "understanding" is and how you came to it?


Originally posted by solve
done the local sniffing,, it was fun,, and you are right, this is not the best day for me, sorry for my tone.
i have talked to masons cause i wanted to join, but guess what? my "status" wasnt high enough for them,
just wanted to talk about things with like-minded people. turns out they are mindless people, at least the blue lodges


ORLY? Care to elaborate? I'm dying to know just where you think the true 'power' in Masonry resides.


Originally posted by solve
for the last one-------- the spice must flow.



Fitz



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 


i just wanted to join because i thought i could have interesting conversations there.. nope.

i cant elaborate,, it doesnt work that way,,,

dont know...the true power lies far beyond masons or those others,, thats for sure...

the spice expands consciousness.



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 

i just wanted to join because i thought i could have interesting conversations there.. nope.

i cant elaborate,, it doesnt work that way,,,

I know how the process of vetting applicants works. I suspect that the actuality is that either you couldn't get sponsors or else the investigating committee sniffed-out that your motives were mercenary rather than the "interesting conversations" excuse you're claiming. Then all of a sudden "it doesnt work that way. Gotcha!


Originally posted by solve
dont know...the true power lies far beyond masons or those others,, thats for sure...

Care to be more specific?


Originally posted by solve
the spice expands consciousness.

Great. You're a "Dune" fan. It's science fiction. Real life doesn't work that way

Fitz



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Fitzgibbon
 

nope, i noticed i wouldnt find anything of interest among them.


no, because i dont know... yet.

the spice is vital for space travel, travel without moving,,,,,,,,,,

youp,, just an innocent dune fan.... -wink-

ps, you would be surprised how "things" work,,
edit on 23-5-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by thelongjourney
 


Nice story, but if he is a "very blue collar" worker and only keeps 20% of his income, where did he get the $25,000?
No other masons participated in this assistance from his lodge?
What town is his lodge located in?
What day did you arrive in town to help and what day did you leave?
Thanks in advance for answering my questions.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)


Maybe it was unintentional, but your post came across very insensitive and crass. I had a very dear family member who could have been anything but chose to be a teacher. She lived very frugally. In the years before she passed, she brought in a very modest social security income and STILL lived below those means. When she passed on in 2008, we learned that she had over $500,000 in her bank account. It came from all those years of living frugally, saving, and be mindful.

Just because someone is "blue collar" does not mean they are destitute and living hand-to-mouth.





new topics
top topics
 
16
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join