It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunkers are afraid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've been noticing a very odd trend on ATS, and I'm getting tired of it.

I am a believer in aliens, but I don't say "This is too mysterious to be Earthly, it's aliens!", so don't think of me like I'm a alien fanatic or something,

Now, when I or other people post videos or pictures, or even news of possible alien sightings, and it seems pretty easy to debunk, the debunkers come in like crazy.

You'll quickly have four or five pages of debunkers. They'll be saying "Chinese lantern", "airplane landing", "blimp", CGI, or "hoax!". But never, not once, will they say aliens. Heck, they don't even say military, even though it's an Earthly explanation.

But when it's a video that cannot be debunked, what do you get? One or maybe two pages of "it could be anything", and a member or two trying to debunk it.

What's up with that? Are people afraid to say it's aliens or military? Are they scared of even the thought that aliens exist? They won't bring any knowledge into a thread that has a legitimate video of a UFO. But when it looks like something Earthly: "You're an idiot", "Are you that ignorant?", "fakest video ever", or just "
".

This is a place of both conspiracy theories and knowledge. You come here to gain knowledge on these kind of topics. You debunk some, you can't debunk all of them. But members actually try that.

People that debunk constantly are the ones who are stupid, not believers.
edit on 22-5-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Welcome to debunk central, we've been doing it for years.

Don't forget that up until now, there is NO PROOF of any UFO being alien. How can you be surprised at the responses you read on a site like this?

A rational start point for any debunking involves all the things we know something MAY be, it is a world of possibilities. Alien or extraterrestrial origins should always be last on the list because it is currently the least possible, because life anywhere else is probably as inherantly stupid as we are and would never make it past it's own destructive ignorance.

As far as members not sighting military as a possibility too much, well, the military are VERY good at that thing called "top secret" so the chances of the public seeing anything from a military source are minimal imo.

Get used to things round here, take most with a pinch of salt and remember to have fun and accept the opinions of others however much you don't like or agree with them.

Cheers.
edit on 22/5/2013 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Just because it cant be debunked doesnt mean its aliens, that why debunkers don't say it aliens not because they are scared of anything...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Remember when you eliminate all the reasonable explanations, you start seeing the unexplainable being a possibility. It's unfortunate that people want to hold on to the notion that something is alien even when there is clear cut evidence there is not. I don't see aiming to "debunk" something as a negative practice. And I don't see why you think something is automatically alien or military because another explanation has not been found.

Debunking... It has to be done in good fashion, with sourced information. It's useful and helpful to the aim of explaining the unexplainable.

Saying every blip in a poorly shot video on YouTube, is hardly helping you prove your case.

edit on 22-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Keep in mind, if the government and NASA, came out and said, "well, sorry everyone we've been lying to you. Aliens are real! They've even been visiting..."

And then what?

Let's say they just did it simply to shut people up.

So believer camps could now run around and say "I told you so." And John Wayne Grinshaw from buttcrack Tennessee could do a 60 min interview, about how in the 60's he says he was abducted and they █████ in his ██████ and put a █████ up his █████. And the audience would all have to believe him cause aliens are real!

But then... Oh wait.

If they're not? If there was no cover up? And then....

The government and NASA would be responsible for the lie. And when no evidence that they were supposedly hiding came forward, people would uncover the lie and heads would hang. And you would have what exactly?

A complete and utter denial of events by the believer crowd as is today.

I don't think the debunker crowd is scared. I think they are probably just bored with their time, looking for something to challenge their thought processes.

If you debunk something, source it properly, while making a valid argument... It's actually a very rewarding experience mentally. If you can't find an explanation, unfortunately that does not automatically make it aliens or military.

If you are looking for proof of that, simply drive down to ██████ and see ████ ██████ ask for ███ ████ ████ and give the password ███████ which changes by 6 numbers on every odd day of the week, Sunday being the first even day, if you have ██████ you are going to have to █████ when ████ and █████ for protection against ███████ if you really have the balls ██████ ████ ████ ███ and well, if you finally want an answer to the age old question.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Whats going on with your post?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Why don't you just cut your nose off to spite your face? Because the moment you oppress dissenting voices, and those who question analytically, that's what you're doing. You're always going to have the extreme on both ends of any debate where multiple minds are involved. That's just a fact of our society, and it's no different here at ATS.

And if you're ever curious as to why the skepticism runs very high on this topic. Take a stroll through past UFO threads here. A lot of hoaxes and fakes get posted.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
reply to post by boncho

The new NSA censors installed in the ATS mainframe. Complete BS if you ask me....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I too believe there are aliens out there.
I also imagine some have visited.
However, I also believe in military testing, and this is where I believe 99.9 percent of ufo's come from.
I do not however, believe that aliens or jesus are coming to save us.
I do believe that the ufo mystique has been used to dupe alot of weak minded folk however.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I don't believe in Aliens and UFOs in the traditional sense, but I am willing to honestly look at whatever those who do have to show me. If I believe it is something else then I will say it, but I don't say "its not a UFO, it could be ....". Why would my "could be" be any better than the assertion that it is an alien spacecraft? People all over the world are saying they are seeing these things. Saying it is a Chinese lantern or a whatever without proof is not denying ignorance but confirming it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I believe there are aliens. I also believe they are visiting earth. That being said, I also believe there are hoaxers who put videos on the web and sit back and laugh at people who think they are real. So far I have not seen a picture or video that I can say "that is real" about. But I keep hoping for a "real" one.

I also believe there are people putting videos and pics out there to discredit the people who believe. I knew someone who said "Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see!" There is just too much out there that is fake, blurry, or explainable to take anything at face value.

Add to that people who are so set in their beliefs that when they see something that is against those beliefs that thay have to debunk or suffer a brain implosion!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

FOI. Have you not seen the documents?

Oh Stanton would be ashamed...

Personally, to me, as it would be implied when I say personally, I think that OP wants aliens more than not aliens. So he won't see the logical approach of winnowing out the chaff to get to the wheat. People who start off with the approach that "This is what I know. This is what I can test." and then seek to find that which is unknown and untested, are not being careful and deliberate with their conclusions. They're scaredy-cats.

It must be a problem, working with the mindset that "Everything could". It would get in the way of "Might be" and "Can't be". And Everything could get sticky when you're never sure of anything.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
There are stacks of official documention of "others" visiting this planet. Objects tracked on radar, evidence of landings, and abductions. Lets also remember that other countries have released reams of declassified info regarding beings and their craft. There is tons of evidence that we were never alone. "Debunking" is anti-scientific. No proof offered to counter the initial evidence. Everything seen in the skies isn't a Ufo. But that also applies to chinese lanterns.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

reply to post by boncho

The new NSA censors installed in the ATS mainframe. Complete BS if you ask me....

Ohhh I thought you were getting your posts from the US Govt. Where under the Freedom of Information act you can get the documents you require.

in full, too.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
I do not however, believe that aliens or jesus are coming to save us.

Super Jesus will save the day, just you wait and see!!

All you need is faith in the mathematical statistics that imply so many billion suns, so many billion planets, so much potential for superdudes from god planets with a yellow sun.

Actually, infinity would imply that somewhere there is a super jesus flying around his planets sky, listening to cries of kitteys in trees and flying down to save their poor mittens. Egad, what have I just created.

Oo

I do believe that the ufo mystique has been used to dupe alot of weak minded folk however.

Marketing. It's all around us. Why I can sell you my cureall lotion, just one dab and your saved. Look, I'll test it on this old bum here that I've never met before. Hi old bum *dabs lotion - bum turns into justin bieber* presto chango, he's a new man.. I mean, hermaphrodite. *throws bottle in river*

Save us super jesus..

new topics

top topics

join