It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush as a Religious Icon? Images suggest god-like portrayal.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
All jokes aside, am I the only one who doesn't find this as funny as I do creepy and somewhat foreboding?

To be so forward as to have oneself pictured with a halo of gold, or to even run such a photo as the top news story smells a little foul to me. Perhaps it was intentional, perhaps subliminal, but its kinda sinister.
Either they're laughing at him, OR yes, they're portraying him as a devine being.
I think its the later, and it is spooky. But, what hasnt been spooky since 2000?
A Halo is only typically found on angels, jesus, God, etc. Not on a president who's a war monger and on a mission to destroy the world.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
That first picture above was making it's way across the net before the elections it's not new. It is quite a subliminal message though.

Kinda like the shirt in edsingers post for www.imh0.us...

darwon

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by andpau66
RedBalloon, have you ever visited the site bushislord.com? That is one place you can get a lot of pictures like you posted.

Woooah good find, andpau66. I got the shivers. I've never seen that before, but it's even creepier than a random CNN shot

Edit: I can't figure out if this is for real or tounge-in-cheek.

[edit on 5-11-2004 by RedBalloon]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
No he is not God like at all, just a believer in right and wrong

What you believe is right is wrong ed. Religion in government has done but lead to hate, death, and genocide.

We are on the verge of a theocracy here. I am frightened, you should be too. George W. Bush will control all three branches of government within two years.

That's when they start putting atheists in pens

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Who said there is gonna be an antichrist? You have to remember that no matter who wrote the bible, it was MEN who chose which books did and didn't go into the bible. 2 of the books dont even have the word God in them.
Revelations, roughly translated and slightly truncated, says this:
"Everything about us gives Rome the red-arse, so watch out for Nero- he's already whacked a couple of us. Still, I assure you that Jesus will be back any minute now, so keep obeying me as his emmissary until he returns to get Nero off our arse." Nero Caesar was the original 666, and he just happened to be reigning at the time that Revelations was written.

I think every church in America should play the movie Dogma for their congregation in order to shake this notion that we must abide by the biblical canon set down by a sharply devided and politically charged church of centuries ago, especially considering that although they were in closer proximity to the events, they lacked the capacity to exchange information/ideas or to conduct research in the way that modern bible scholars can.
For example, in terms of gaining factual information, would you find it more advantageous to speak to my grandmother about the civil war (she has 3rd hand knowledge which she gained less than 100 years after the events occurred.) Or would you prefer to visit a library in the year 4000 and take stock of all accounts available therein and judge them against eachother and against evidence? It is obvious that scholarship even 2000 years after the fact can produce greater knowledge than the knowledge of individuals who heard 2nd or 3rd hand in the same century as the events occurred.
This is why I believe certain books in the bible need to be 86ed, and perhaps books or passages excluded from the current bible should be restored (That is, if those books still exist. Perhaps the Vatican has a room full of stuff they have banned but think they might need some day.)

Anyway, let me help you all get started with building a practical and useful bible for yourself. Take Proverbs, Pslams, Ecclesiastes, and ICorinthians Chapter 13 (if I remember correctly) and bind them seperately from the rest of your bible- just read those. Proverbs and Ecclesiastes contain good advice. Pslams are motivating (cut out the ones you dont like). ICor13 is about true love (if i got the chapter right).

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cash3w
We are on the verge of a theocracy here. I am frightened, you should be too. George W. Bush will control all three branches of government within two years.

hmmm interesting thought....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

BG

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
My girlfriend says I'm drunk!!!

Bush a religious icon? hell no, he does believe in God, but a religious icon no.

I voted for Bush, but hell no hes not a religious icon. Hes a damn good politician.

Its my birthday by the way, the ol ball and chain took me out on the town

[edit on 5-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
I think every church in America should play the movie Dogma for their congregation in order to shake this notion that we must abide by the biblical canon set down by a sharply devided and politically charged church of centuries ago, especially considering that although they were in closer proximity to the events, they lacked the capacity to exchange information/ideas or to conduct research in the way that modern bible scholars can.

That movie did have some good points aboout religion. My favorite concept was that doesn't matter what you have faith IN as long as you HAVE faith. The idea that churches need to wake up to the world they exist in today scientifically and socially has not yet set in the minds of worshipers. The same rules and guidelines that were created a few hundred years ago are not the ones that are as valid today with new knowledge and discoveries, and without the social stigma many of the 'rules' were set to bring forward.

It appears, though, that Bush as 'his holiness' is looking to bring about the start of a 2nd Dark Ages in America.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   
"God" is Bush's slogan.
Just an advertiseing campaign basically. To appeal to the biblebelt country that's he's from.
Who can question God? Mass appeal and if you question it you're an atheist or you worship the devil.
Pretty slick Id say.
If Bush is really religious he'd be crying and depressed everyday about all the deaths and misery that have happened since he started this war. Lots of soul searching and questioning himself about the right and wrong of it. Sensitivity to the plight of all God's creatures and the beautiful earth that God created for us.
Does he look depressed or contemplative at all? I think not.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join