It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush as a Religious Icon? Images suggest god-like portrayal.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
While browsing news online and trying to avoid so much election coverage, I noticed CNN had a big ol' pic of Bush the day after the elections here in the US. The head of George W was surrounded by a gold glowing halo aka the Seal of the President of the United States. Not all the shots were framed like this. Drudge had an almost identical shot, but the seal was moved well to the left and not surrounding his head like some sort of divine touch.

Remind you of anything? Like, for example, this:

After a little searching, I also found this from a 2003 news story:

Is this some sort of new subliminal plot to make us all believe Bush is godlike? We've all seen the well framed pieces of words that say "lies" out of a "families" banner and so on, but to have an image thats so suggestive is a bit beyond obvious.

Do you think this is a planned shot? a divine sign that God approves of W? or just a coincidence?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
No he is not God like at all, just a believer in right and wrong

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What does that t-shirt have to do with this post?

Was it the wrong file, or something?

I wasn't asking if you think Bush is godly, just of these images are a coincidence, or just an intentional framing of Bush to conjure up the idea of Jesus.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Bush cant be God because he talks to God

That would mean he was talking to hisself and that would be wierd

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
Bush cant be God because he talks to God

That would mean he was talking to hisself and that would be wierd

Sometimes you make me laugh so damn hard! Thanks

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
Sometimes you make me laugh so damn hard! Thanks

I got to admit you can laugh at the Republicans too

To many people take the debating here to seriously

As for the pictures nothing would suprise me

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If Bush is a religious icon, then he sure isn't advocating that people go to church. Oh, didn't you know, Bush has only gone to church twice in 2004. Compare to other presidents.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
RedBalloon, when I saw the thread title I thought, "Oh, crap, another cult group (yup, you suckered me) so I clicked on it. Then, of course, I saw the pictures and felt much better.

Gotta question. Let's say that a group of loonies organize the First Church of Bush out in, Waco, let's say, and they arm themselves at a compound and demand the letter K be stricken from the alphabet. If Ashcroft pulled a Reno, would he be slaughtering his boss's followers? If so, would it be a smudge on his career?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
If Bush is a religious icon then Michael Jackson is my daddy.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Hey, Jam, neither did Ronny. He didn't want to cause a commotion.

The president we had before this one had a photo op every Sunday. If the preacher actually preached, he and his wife must have always fallen asleep.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Hey, Jam, neither did Ronny. He didn't want to cause a commotion.

The president we had before this one had a photo op every Sunday. If the preacher actually preached, he and his wife must have always fallen asleep.

A mandate from God would have prevented any such commotion. Obviously.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Can someone say ant-chirst?
Yeah I think it is very suggestive too, trying to show Bush in a divine light. Yet we know, the darkness that surrounds, is closer to the truth.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Jam, you are absolutely hilarious!
Obviously, that is the correct answer. Why didn't I see that?

Indigo, get off the anti-Christ crap. Go read up on the anti-Christ, huh? Everyone knows the anti-Christ will be from the New Roman Empire, and not Crawford!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
anti-christ schmanti-christ. get over that one people.

I believe that it is entirely possible that there are a few who would view W as some sort of shining warrior for Jesus, but to compare him to Christ is walking a thin line.

Maybe his head just glows.

ps, please leave the letter K in the alphabet, I'll be sad if it goes away.

mi e
BG

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Hey, beer, my head used to glow!
But then agfain, I worked with special weapons, so it really wasn't out of the norm!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
If Bush is a religious icon, then he sure isn't advocating that people go to church. Oh, didn't you know, Bush has only gone to church twice in 2004. Compare to other presidents.
In fact, white house staff MAKES him go once in awhile just to make it look good.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elijio
If Bush is a religious icon then Michael Jackson is my daddy.
WHO'S YOUR DADDY??!!!!!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn

Why do you have to go to church when God talks directly to you?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
All jokes aside, am I the only one who doesn't find this as funny as I do creepy and somewhat foreboding?

To be so forward as to have oneself pictured with a halo of gold, or to even run such a photo as the top news story smells a little foul to me. Perhaps it was intentional, perhaps subliminal, but its kinda sinister.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
RedBalloon, have you ever visited the site bushislord.com? That is one place you can get a lot of pictures like you posted.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join