It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"America is the greatest country in the world!!!". Not exactly.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I like how they try to shut him up.

I could see a speech like this playing out exactly as theyre portraying it.

"Number of adults who believe angles are real", is that true?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
America is maybe the best country to live in, if you look only at the populous nations, nations of 100.000.000 and up. If you restrict it like that, you put it against Brazil, China, Japan etc. It might come second to japan though. Its not fair to compare America to a country like Sweden or Finland. Of course such a small country will have a better standard of living. On each company you have a totem pole, where at the bottom you find those whom work on an assembly line. A country like sweden has much of the leadership and designers in their own country, while those at the bottom of a company like ikea are probably outside Sweden. Same goes for Germany. America does its share of outsourcing too, but I bet when a car is assembled in America, many of the parts come from America, where people work for little money down the totem pole, while Germany exports poverty elsewhere.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Wow,

I wish I weren't in such a bind for time.

The second half of this actors ridiculous speech?

The part where the sentimental piano starts?

That's complete bull# too. Especially that part.

There are no 3 minutes in the history of recorded time that will provide insight in to the complexities of how we have gotten to where we are as a nation.

This is just more pablum. "The Most Honest 3 Minutes on television"?

Would anyone like to see this really great # nugget? It's the best # nugget out of this pile of #.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Good speech and 100% on the mark because it's the truth. Many Americans refuse to accept this and the politicians who are more worried about their bank accounts than fixing the country could care less what happens to it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

If this was a real speech and I was sitting in the audience, I would give him a standing ovation. A lot of what he said is true. What I've witnessed over the past 50 years is hypocrisy by our government. During the cold war, U.S. citizens were inundated about the goal of the Soviet Union plans to spread Communism. How they invaded the privacy of their citizens and utilized the KGB secret police to conduct searches of anyone speaking out against the government. Their media was controlled by the government.

Today, I see the U.S. doing the same thing we were warned about with the Soviet Union. We have invaded foreign lands under false pretenses, occupied lands and established regimes that promote democracy. The U.S. has formed their own secret police agency called "homeland security" which has invaded the privacy of their own citizens by utilizing wire tapping, internet spying, and conducting illegal searches. The U.S. has signed into law the Patriot Act that has trampled on our constitutional rights. The news media no longer investigates government criminal activity but instead has become the arm of the government.

Sounds like the U.S. is becoming the same thing our government warned us about during the cold war. I think the U.S. has lost its status in the world today. A lot of our allies are getting tired of being bullied. We are beating our chest and forcing our ideology in parts of the world that just don't want any part of it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
What are we all going to respond in this thread as if we havent seen this video posted on here and elsewhere? This video is old news and may appeal to 16 year olds.

I have no idea who this video is referring to anyway.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Malcher because: Edit out comment.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

This video has been posted as least 10 different times.
edit on 22-5-2013 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

I dont recall anyone in a serious conversation stating that the U.S is number one. I have heard sooooo many people criticizing the U.S, the government etc., but hinestly i have never come across this sentiment. 'course the new chant at sporting event across the world is "we're not number one, we're not number one"

And another thing i take exception with is the passport thing. What is wrong with not owning a passport? I am a little confused by this. That said, i am proud to have only been on an airplane one time. Does that make this person smarter than me?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Why is it predetermined that a small country will have a higher standard of living? Many smaller countries have terrible standards of living, especially when you look throughout the Africas and the Middle East.

No, Sweden and Finland are doing something right.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Well said. For what it's worth America is still a place I believe in and im not even America, but yes the country has lost it's way especially post 9/11. A lot of the people are or were all too willing to believe any old cr4p the government and media fed them, and a country can only go down hill so far, with the permission of its people.
Im not just talking about voting or not voting, but people not protesting in significant numbers, maybe the wall street thing, was a bit of a wake up, but after 10+ years of oil wars, it was too little too late.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The Sad Fact is, what he says in the Clip, the Things Wrong with the US, could Easily be Turned Around.
All it would Take is for Politicans to Do what they Know is the Right Things, putting Ego's and Difference's aside, for the good of the People they Represent.

In other words,,,, Not Gonna Happen!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

America is the best country, certainly not the greatest, arguably not even great.

Like if you have 5 brothers who all beat their wives, but one of those brothers rarely does it. That brother by far would be the "best" husband of the group, and likewise would in no way shape or form be a "great" husband.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

"Number of adults who believe angles are real", is that true?

I believe in angles of all kinds. Right angles, 45 degree angles, triangles, rectangles, even the hypotenuse of a triangle.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
In all honesty..

Without America, the Internet and TV would be super boring.
Americans take everything that's already been done and take it to the 100% extreme and profession!

If Americans manufactured at home every product they created/innovated... They'd be at such a higher economic status. They should make an international law, if you invent a product it must be produced in country of idea origin.

Never happen, but damn... Things would change and more money would be invested in local innovation and studies.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Without America, the Internet and TV would be super boring.

I'll have to agree on that one. Hollywood is number oneeeeeee

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Lewis Black's take on it.

top topics

join