It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Urgent* - 'Mysterious Respiratory illness' in the United States

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarzadEghlima

WHAT DID HE SAY!? WHAT DID HE SAY!?

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Probably completely unrelated, but we've had a bad "something" going through my town in NC. Tomorrow is the last day of school, today is/was field day (a fun time, kids love it) and I have 7 students out sick. I know they are sick because their parents called.

I'm sick myself, but the symptoms don't seem to fit with this scare. Nausea, diarrhea, body aches, chills, fever....its yucky. Still think its probably not the same thing.

But seven kids out of school is a lot.

Sounds similar to the "something" that was going around in my daughter's school:

Over 70 children were sent home sick, in the same day. Unknown Virus Spreads at New Berlin Elementary School

Then, an elementary school down the road had to close due to illness:
Franklin School Closed, Health Dept Investigates

BTW, students that were kept home or sent home, due to the illness, were visited by the health department.

Edited to add last comment.

edit on 28-5-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-5-2013 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnOther
FYI my mother's assisted living apartment complex has been in lockdown for the last week, because the cook had that coronavirus....... Milwaukee Wi area.

See my above quote about area schools (Milwaukee suburbs) closing due to illness. The Health Department believes it was the norovirus. It just seems strange to have so many affected in surrounding areas.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by iunlimited491

I'm obligated to post this for everyone who's interested and please always seek medical attention.
And remember this as a stand bye.
I believe in this as a deterrent first. But it also saved my life when I was a kid.
Viruses can't stand Large White Onions.
If your house smells like onions you will only get sick outside your house.

edit on 23-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

I read your post on Friday, the second day of a nasty bug. I followed your advice with the onion, thinking that it would break up the congestion. It didn't, but the next day I felt so much better. I'm still congested, but the fever chills and aches were completely gone. I don't think I've ever recovered from the flu so fast.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hi, this is my first post on this thread but I read the article about the mystery illness in Texas and what little we know about it. The three teenagers all played sports. Football and the Rios girl played softball. Since I live in Texas and know we've had drought conditions for a while I wonder if this illness has anything to do with Valley Fever? When it is dry the soil becomes dusty and kicks up spores. These kids could've ingested the spores.

Not sure, though. Especially since other kids didn't get sick (I am assuming, anyway) I will look up Valley Fever and see what info I can get.

** Valley Fever, although endemic is southern parts of Texas, does not seem to fit what these 2 teens had. What is interesting, though, is that these kids felt better after a couple of days and then fell sick again.
edit on 28-5-2013 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It appears deadly viruses are spreading to US pigs as well. They don't know how it has gotten into the US food supply. Although it may be off topic it seemed relevant since deadly viruses are spreading in other species as well. By the way, have been sick today and while no fever, as weak as can be. It's like the immune system isn't as strong as it usually is.

uk.reuters.com...

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

I also noticed that they were all connected through sports. I haven't found much other than that.

The two of them that had a direct link to each other, BJ and Katie, apparently had completely different illnesses. B.J. Crawford was diagnosed with T-Cell lymphoma. And Katies' cause of death is still unknown. I'm beginning to wonder if the news will ever follow up on this story.

Alabama received wide spread media attention, yet that case pretty much went unnoticed.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Yes. Not only that, but the swine-virus has been found in California seals as well.

And a few days ago, researchers announced that the Swine-Virus and the Bird-Flu can combine and mutate.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

I also noticed that they were all connected through sports. I haven't found much other than that.

The two of them that had a direct link to each other, BJ and Katie, apparently had completely different illnesses. B.J. Crawford was diagnosed with T-Cell lymphoma. And Katies' cause of death is still unknown. I'm beginning to wonder if the news will ever follow up on this story.

Alabama received wide spread media attention, yet that case pretty much went unnoticed.

I'm wondering if they only discovered the T-cell lymphoma because of the illness he had. These two kids weren't friends, either, but barely knew each other. Did they all play on the same sports field? Was there something in their bodies susceptible to it?

I looked up Hantavirus and also Anthrax. I know Anthrax is in Texas soil and the inhaled kind causes very similar symptons but it's practically unheard of to contract that particular strain. Cows get it because they eat the infected plants that have the spores. People get it from the infected meat but it's usually on the skin and not inhaled.

I will keep up with this mystery illness. Local news might have more updates on it.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Animals getting respiratory illnesses that kill them. I've never heard of this until China years ago. Maybe it's common but seems like a human thing spreading to animals. Maybe through waste dumped in oceans, and with bats and pigs maybe connected to bee thing? Foods and pesticides manufactured that weaken immunity and kill off critical components in the ecosystem. I did read that this novel noravirus looks like the thing spreading among bats over the last few years. A cross-species bug.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I never said they were friends, they went to the same middle school, but different high schools.

BJ knew Katie from White Oak middle school but they went to different High Schools,

And now, there is a blood-drive being held in the honor of all 3 of them.

It seems odd, that if BJs case was found to be seperate from the other 2, that they would hold an Event in the name of all 3.

Team BJ Facebook.

edit on 28-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

I never said they were friends, they went to the same middle school, but different high schools.

BJ knew Katie from White Oak middle school but they went to different High Schools,

And now, there is a blood-drive being held in the honor of all 3 of them.

It seems odd, that if BJs case was found to be seperate from the other 2, that they would hold an Event in the name of all 3.

Team BJ Facebook.

Yes, that IS odd. They must all be linked, then. Hmmm...I will keep my eye on this and see if they announce any news after the autopsies.

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Anyway, getting back up to speed on what we know about the Texas case...

This is about as close to a primary source as you're going to get:

Tyler Budro of Hull-Daisetta High School in Liberty County and Katie Rios of Kingwood Park High School both died this spring from illnesses that health experts have not yet been able to diagnose. Their symptoms were similar to a third student, BJ Crawford of New Caney High School, who was hospitalized with an unknown illness that has since been diagnosed as a form of lymphoma.

Although the three teenagers did not know each other and medical experts have yet to determine if the cases are related, their families have drawn together in support of one another. They are asking those who would like to do something to help to donate blood and/or join Be The Match, the National Marrow Donor Program registry, in honor and remembrance of their children.

TeamBj - Facebook

TeamKatie - Facebook

- will update accordingly -

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RegisteredUser

I read your post on Friday, the second day of a nasty bug. I followed your advice with the onion, thinking that it would break up the congestion. It didn't, but the next day I felt so much better. I'm still congested, but the fever chills and aches were completely gone. I don't think I've ever recovered from the flu so fast.

Man, it sounds like you caught that same crap the wife and I had a couple months ago. It felt like quivering fingers running up and down the windpipe. We got rid of it with the onions as well. But the congestion it left behind still hasn't disappeared. I now have a constant frog in my throat that won't come up but very rarely. And when and I finally force it at a minimum. It's sticky like silicone or something. I fear I'll never get rid of it.

Absolutely sucks. I've been calling it," The ZOMBIE virus " Glad the onions helped, but I don't know what to say
about the remainder except sooner or later, they'll come up with something that will do their dirty work..I believe that and this might end up being it. Hard to say what's going to happen next in the effed up parody of a world.
hope you have a full recovery

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Appreciate it.

I know they've been waiting for results for quite sometime. I feel tests would have been fairly routine if this were something more 'common.'

posted on May, 28 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The case in Alabama was written off as the 'flu', within days of the MSM reporting it.

It's important to note, that almost all of the symptoms in TX, could have been written off as 'just the flu.' They also had neurological symptoms, like seizures, etc.

Doctors in Alabama, should have known if it was just the flu, right when their patients came through the door. (I don't think we know all of their symptoms, especially the symptoms of the deceased.)

The Dothan Eagle, (AL Newspaper) reported that the number of infected patients had increased to 9... and then the very next day?... "Case closed."

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I just saw this article on CNN about MERS- CoV virus. It doesn't seem to be easily spread, but the high fatility rate has me more concerned than I am about the H7N9 virus.

CNN
Newly discovered virus takes more lives, spreads

Of the 49 known infections with the MERS-CoV virus, 27 have resulted in death, the organization said.

The latest deaths were reported in Saudi Arabia.

The Saudi health ministry said Wednesday that three people died from their infections in the country's eastern region.

The virus is "a threat to the entire world," the WHO's general director said Monday.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This is kind of scary. I went to the hospital yesterday because I went through a series of symptoms that were none-too-pleasant.
Started with migraines in the morning, stiff neck, stuffy nose, fevers, body aches, persistent cough.
The tests couldn't show anything related to viral or bacterial infection, but I have to call tomorrow to ask about the last few tests. I do however have fluid in my left lung (pneumonia... joy..).

0.o

thanks for the info. And your signature is awesome. Lol. Currently working on a rom version of Sapphire

SnF

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You and your onions,...

I tell ya,..

it really does work tho,

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join