It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Urgent* - 'Mysterious Respiratory illness' in the United States

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

edit on 24-5-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
reply to post by randyvs

During flu season there appears a white onion popsicle - a peeled white onion stuck on a fork standing up in a vase - in each room of my house. No flu. Been eight years. Works like a charm!

This is likely due to the quercetin content of your vase, good idea

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

reply to post by randyvs

During flu season there appears a white onion popsicle - a peeled white onion stuck on a fork standing up in a vase - in each room of my house. No flu. Been eight years. Works like a charm!

My theory was that it's the sulfur in the onion. But you've piqued my curiosity! So I looked it up and it appears that this flavinoid even has anti-cancer properties! Thank you LastStarfighter - I love learning about the healing properties of foods.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter

reply to post by randyvs

My theory was that it's the sulfur in the onion. But you've piqued my curiosity! So I looked it up and it appears that this flavinoid even has anti-cancer properties! Thank you LastStarfighter - I love learning about the healing properties of foods.

The sulfur helps as well. You will see currently that people living in areas of high sulfur content in the soil have less infectious disease and immune problems

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Did you look thru my thread via the link link I provided ?
I have an amazing amount of positive responses recorded there.

And it is a charm. I know a lot of folks keep a small onion atond there
neck and apparently never get the flu or even a cold.
I feel we have to find ways of dealing with things on our own.
edit on 24-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Ok, so I just found an update on the 3rd Texas victim:

*****update***** B.J. was diagnosed with T-Cell Lymphoma. Cancer. May 13, 2013....he has a long road to recovery, but thankful for a diagnosis. Thankful for all of your prayers! Please keep them coming!

sites.google.com...

As of 05/23/13 his condition is improving.

_________

I will say, that is good news for the family. - But not all 3 victims had Lymphoma. - Perhaps it is just coincidence that B.J. became ill on the same day Katie died. I don't know. - Putting that aside... There is still no official cause of death for the two that are dead. - I will continue to do research, and monitor for any additional outbreaks.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by fawlty

Just like the justice department, state department, White House and IRS 'don't play that'?

Those are political organizations. They tell lies for a living. Their intent is to deceive.

Not the CDC. Their only function is to identify diseases and bacteria, period. If they were to play games, how trustworthy would people think they are when the real deal comes around? Same with refineries and assay labs.

The people that make world class indy race car engines request a specific mix of metal alloys for their engine blocks and say, the refinery produces it wrong, the assay lab will discover that something is wrong. The parts will not function under the stress of racing unless its guaranteed. Thats what the assay labs are for.

If some bank buys tons of gold bars it's the assay labs job to be impartial and just report their findings on the purity of the bars. They are not connected with any of the businesses they test metals strength or purity for.

The US military buys armor from steel mills that must meet stringent requirements. Again, assay labs determine the exact composition of the metal alloys.

Just like for metals, Center for Disease Control job is to accept biological samples from around the world and test them against known samples in storage. The CDC has the highest reputation in this regard. They are the go-to lab for countries all around the world. Other countries send samples even after their labs test them just to be sure.

Now you gonna dis that rep by just comparing them to the biggest liars on the planet because, "our gubment does it".

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

Thank you iunlimited for your attentive coverage to your thread. Greatly appreciated.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
^^ Thank you for following.

------

As some of you may already be aware, a little more than a week ago it was reported that the Pandemic Swine-Flu Virus had been found in California seals.

Pandemic Swine-Virus found in California seals.

Swine flu has been transmitted to elephant seals living off the coast of California.

The H1N1 strain is the same one that caused a worldwide pandemic in 2009. It is the first time the flu strain has been confirmed in a marine mammal.

"We thought we might find influenza viruses, which have been found before in marine mammals, but we did not expect to find pandemic H1N1," said Dr Tracey Goldstein, who led the US team that made the discovery. "This shows influenza viruses can move among species."
Source

Now, with that in mind...

- It was first announced yesterday, that the new H7N9 Bird-Flu Virus can spread between Mammals. Not only through direct contact, but the Virus is also Airborne.

New bird flu can spread to humans. - updated: (05/25/13)

The new H7N9 bird flu virus can be transmitted between mammals not only via direct contact but also in airborne droplets, and may be capable of spreading from person to person, Chinese and American researchers have found.
Source

Not to confuse these two Viruses; - 'H7N9 Bird-Flu' -&- 'Pandemic H1N1' (Swine-Flu) ...

A Brand New article, released earlier today - says researchers have announced that both H7N9 and Swine-Flu can "combine and mutate."

H7N9 bird flu and swine flu can 'combine and mutate.'' - (5/25/13)

New strain from flu in birds and pigs could become pandemic threat, HKU researchers warn.

The H7N9 bird flu virus may combine with the swine flu and mutate into a new virus strain, a University of Hong Kong research team warns.

The team's study, reported by the South China Morning Post yesterday, confirmed that the bird flu could be transmitted through the air and suggested it might already be spreading among humans.

"It is possible that this virus can evolve further to form the basis of a future pandemic threat," said Maria Zhu Huachen, an assistant professor of research at HKU's school of public health.
Source

Very interesting information posted above...

*cough*

-stay tuned-
edit on 24-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
This next article is from April 12th, of this year...

World's in 'new territory' with challenging new flu virus, WHO expert says

There has been bird flu. And swine flu. But the world is on new flu ground when it comes to the H7N9 virus that recently erupted in China, the World Health Organization's senior flu expert said Friday.

The virus has sickened at least 43 people in eastern China. Most of the infections have involved severe illness and 11 of the cases have died.

And late Friday — Saturday in China — health authorities in Beijing revealed the capital has recorded its first H7N9 case, in a seven year old girl whose parents are in the live poultry trade. That marks a big and worrisome geographic jump for a virus which till now had only been seen in three provinces around Shanghai.

"I think we are genuinely in new territory here in which the situation of having something that is low path in birds (yet) appears to be so pathogenic in people."
-
"And then to have those genetic changes ...
I simply don't know what that combination is going to lead to. "
-
"Almost everything you can imagine is possible...
And then what's likely to happen...
are the things which you can't imagine,"
Source.

By 'low-path', he is saying that birds aren't showing any signs of infection... but are infected. - Thus, they are still able to transmit the Virus... while still going undetected by humans. - The virus is pathogenic in humans, because people DO show symptoms, and signs of infection, and so on...

For instance, the current "high-path' bird-flu virus in Mexico, is killing thousands of birds. Making the virus in the birds, clear to see.

Combing this information with the other information posted above... it shows that these viruses are mutating in extreme fashion. They are becoming increasingly evasive. and finding more and more creative ways to infect human cells.
edit on 25-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia to send MERS-CoV samples to US

GENEVA: Saudi Arabia said Friday it would send samples taken from animals possibly infected with a deadly SARS-like virus to the United States (US) for testing in a bid to find the source of disease. The Saudi health ministry has “collected large samples from bats and other animals, including camels, sheep and cats,” said Saudi Deputy Health Minister Ziad Memish.

The virus is a cousin of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which triggered a scare 10 years ago when it erupted in east Asia, leaping to humans from animal hosts and eventually killing some 800 people. Scientists at the Erasmus medical center in Rotterdam have determined that the virus appears to infect the body via a docking point in lung cells, suggesting bats may be a natural reservoir for it.
manilatimes.net...

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Excuse my ignorance, as my post regarding the differences between HIGH-PATH & LOW PATH bird-flu, can be a bit misconstrued.

Low-Path Avian Influenza:

LPAI, or "low path" AI, commonly occurs in wild birds. In most cases, it causes minor sickness or no noticeable signs of disease. It is rarely fatal in birds.

High-Path Avian Influenza:

HPAI, or "high path" AI, spreads rapidly and is often fatal to chickens and turkeys. This includes HPAI H5N1. Millions of birds have died in countries where HPAI H5N1 has been detected. This virus has also infected people, most of whom have had direct contact with infected birds.

In the new H7N9 - The Low-Path virus - IS being transferred to humans. - Even though the birds that carry the virus aren't typically affected.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
..remember back in the late 90's when a slew of microbiologists died?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76
..remember back in the late 90's when a slew of microbiologists died?

You mean died under suspicious circumstances or what ? I don't really remember that.

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
I think the Title of this Thread is a bit over-exagerated.

Only 20 people have died from this Virus since last year!

Something unknown and killing young adults ? Not just the elderly, or the very young.
What in the hell is so over-exaggerated ?
edit on 25-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491

Lol. The virus originates in the Middle-East. I wasn't referring to bio-terrorism.

This Mers virus orginates there - we don't have any evidence that the cases you've posted are MERS or any variant thereof.

Originally posted by FyreByrd
Especially considering these cases are a bit old (April and May of this year)

We're in the month of May... [snip]

I mistyped should have said April and March as stated in your quoted material. One case in March and one case in April.

You aren't offering any verifiable facts or sources just hearsay and conjecture.

Elaborate... Your misinterpretations intrigue me.

You have taken a couple of odd cases in Texas (maybe 3) of respirotary distress, organ failure and brain swelling and diagnosed MERS mixed with another viruse. Then sited a small cluster of cases out of Alabama. Again, declaring it a disease that orginates in the Middle East without verifiable proof of any sort.

If you do the briefest search of symptoms you will see that brain swelling is not a symptom of MERS.

Just what am I misinterpreting?

Thanks again for posting this story - it's a great mystery and I hope we get to hear the end of it. Or get some more experienced and qualified commentary or at least links to such. If these cases are so mysterious to us they certainly be to medical people.

Find it.

The burden of proof lies with you.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
FYI my mother's assisted living apartment complex has been in lockdown for the last week, because the cook had that coronavirus....... Milwaukee Wi area.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

Haha, ok...

Allow me to quote some of MY earlier posts... seeing as how your misinterpretation dilemma continues.

This isn't meant to scare anyone - I am not a doctor, and cannot diagnose Coronavirus'.

Thank you to everyone so far! - ANY news is valuable. - Ideas/Theories etc.

Everything is speculation at this point

Also, YOU just said:

You have taken a couple of odd cases in Texas (maybe 3) of respirotary distress, organ failure and brain swelling and diagnosed MERS mixed with another viruse. Then sited a small cluster of cases out of Alabama. Again, declaring it a disease that orginates in the Middle East without verifiable proof of any sort. If you do the briefest search of symptoms you will see that brain swelling is not a symptom of MERS.

Here is what you're referring to:

In some cases, Coronaviruses in humans can cause Encephalitis (swelling of the brain).
cdn.intechopen.com...
It seems you are unaware that Coronaviruses(PLURAL) in general can cause a lot of things. MERS-CoV is a type of Coronavirus.

Do you see what's going on here?

And, If you did the slightest bit of READING:

Coronaviruses as Encephalitis -
Inducing Infectious Agents

Encephalitis usually refers to brain inflammation of various possible causes, including viral infections. Overall, viruses represent the most common cause of encephalitis in humans. --
-- Indeed, encephalitis can follow or accompany common viral illnesses, such as infectious respiratory diseases,
cdn.intechopen.com...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnnOther
FYI my mother's assisted living apartment complex has been in lockdown for the last week, because the cook had that coronavirus....... Milwaukee Wi area.
Can you provide more information about this?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Haha, ok...

Allow me to quote some of MY earlier posts... seeing as how your misinterpretation dilemma continues.

I don't have a misinterpretation dilemma.

This isn't meant to scare anyone - I am not a doctor, and cannot diagnose Coronavirus'.

Thank you to everyone so far! - ANY news is valuable. - Ideas/Theories etc.

Everything is speculation at this point

What has that to do with anything I said. You are still making assertions that are not backed up with any facts.

Also, YOU just said:

You have taken a couple of odd cases in Texas (maybe 3) of respirotary distress, organ failure and brain swelling and diagnosed MERS mixed with another viruse. Then sited a small cluster of cases out of Alabama. Again, declaring it a disease that orginates in the Middle East without verifiable proof of any sort. If you do the briefest search of symptoms you will see that brain swelling is not a symptom of MERS.

Here is what you're referring to:

In some cases, Coronaviruses in humans can cause Encephalitis (swelling of the brain).
cdn.intechopen.com...
It seems you are unaware that Coronaviruses(PLURAL) in general can cause a lot of things. MERS-CoV is a type of Coronavirus.

Do you see what's going on here?

[/qoute]

I was speaking of MERS not this coronavirus. And it is you that has put the two together, not I.

No that is not what I've been refering to at all. All I am truly refering to is your stating speculation as though it was fact.

And, If you did the slightest bit of READING:

Coronaviruses as Encephalitis -
Inducing Infectious Agents

Encephalitis usually refers to brain inflammation of various possible causes, including viral infections. Overall, viruses represent the most common cause of encephalitis in humans. --
-- Indeed, encephalitis can follow or accompany common viral illnesses, such as infectious respiratory diseases,
cdn.intechopen.com...

And this is irrelevant to my posts all together.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I don't have a misinterpretation dilemma.

(-__-)

edit on 27-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join