It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Urgent* - 'Mysterious Respiratory illness' in the United States

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Does anyone know if the US victims were tested for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus or (MERS-CoV).?
edit on 23-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Does anyone know if the US victims were tested for Middle East Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus or (MERS-CoV).?

That's exactly what I would like to know.

I keep seeing:
"They were tested for this... They were tested for that..." -
"They had this... They had that..."

All the reports indicate that these serious illnesses (Influenza, pneumonia, etc.) contributed to the sickness, but not one single one was the direct cause of death. And that's exactly what we see with the Novel Coronavirus.

In the initial reports, I read that the victims weren't at risk for NCoV - Because they couldn't find any connection to the Middle-East.
edit on 23-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by wills120

Hope they get on the mend soon. Sore throat and body aches is how my SO's started out, too. Mine--clogged nose and body aches. Transmission took about 3-4 days. (former biology major coming out). We washed hands thoroughly when my son fell sick and kept him quarantined to his room. We all still got it with the immunosuppressed wonder girl (me) being the first to fall and SO being the last. Son and daughter kicked it after a few days but still have lingering coughs. Been three weeks since my son fell sick and his has tapered off a lot, two weeks for my daughter. I'm still having bronchitis problems and SO is fighting sinusitis and bronchitis still. It's been good times all around. My cough improved a lot though when I started sleeping elevated and taking Robotussin DM at night. This bug is a crud builder for sure. We went through so much tissue that I swear our last garbage pick up was almost entirely discarded tissue.
So gross. Will be sending good thoughts your family's way.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Another take on the illness: www.activistpost.com...

While the cause is currently unknown, it’s interesting to note that Southeastern Alabama’s cotton fields are in full bloom this time of year – and that some of these crops are Bt cotton. Bt cotton is a genetically modified cotton that contains a Bacillus thuringiensis (or Bt) pesticide within the plant.
There is no proof that this is related to the mysterious illnesses in Alabama, however, history shows us that serious illnesses occurred in India wherever Bt cotton was grown.
This year, Monsanto introduced 3 new varieties of “Deltapine” cotton, with 180 growers testing them out. This means that the communities around these growers are unwitting lab rats in Monsanto’s latest experiment.

Are the mystery illness victims casualties of this current experiment? If so, proving it will be difficult and because of the Monsanto Protection Act, it is unlikely that, even if proven, any penalty or charges will ever be forthcoming against the company.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Yes, Vitamin C can and does help the body help itself, so-to-speak. It also has infection killing properties. Other nutrients/vitamins, like A and E, help C work. That it seems to reverse arterial blockage is pretty amazing and sad at the same time, as we all know people who died too young from possibly preventable heart disease. Same for infections and cancer.

The theory is that most all of us on a modern diet are C deficient since all other life we know of makes C in their bodies to the proportional amount of around 7-15 grams a day (if I remember correctly).

The home-made "lypo-c" is great in that it delivers vit-c in a way that bypasses many tummy upsets and slowly releases it so that it is used more efficiently, but...

home methods rarely gets the lyposomal packets small enough to work as well as the stuff made in a lab. It should be around 60 nanometers or less to pass through the walls of the intestines and getting that small, in a consistent way, with a jewelry cleaner has some bio-chemists calling it "vitamin C-mayonnaise."

But if one can't afford the lab-made stuff, it's certainly better than nothing...

edit on 5/23/2013 by Baddogma because: forgot cancer

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by thebtheb

People STILL say, "Your body only uses as much vitamin C as it needs and pees out the rest." SO not true yet it's repeated all the time

Well, it IS true if the C is taken orally, by itself and not in Lyposomal form... which is why it's so much better to take it in intervals throughout the day... again- if taken orally.

In fact, that's the way one gets a handle on how much C one's body needs, by taking measured doses a few hours apart until one reaches "titration" or "bowel tolerance," or in common language, diarrhea.

So that's orally... if taken by IV then much more is available and gets used. Also, taking about 5 of the Lyposomal vit C packets at a time will get one's blood levels close to an IV infusion, according to the Vitamin C Foundation website I was reading. And though they sell the stuff, they seem to make an effort to be forthright with the information.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

That is interesting that you mention that...

NOTE:
I CANNOT CONFIRM THAT THE ARTICLE BELOW IS TRUE. A PREVIOUS POSTER COMMENTED SOMETHING SIMILAR - LEADING ME TO A SORCHA FAAL ARTICLE. - ANY FURTHER CONCLUSIONS ARE UP TO YOU. - SORCHA FAAL IS A KNOWN INTERNET HOAXER.

Russia Issues “Extreme Danger” Warning As Alabama Death Toll Rises

The Russian Maritime Register of Shipping (RS) today has issued an “Extreme Danger” warning for all vessels entering or nearing the United States Port of Mobile, located in the State of Alabama, as the death toll rises from what this report claims is an environmental disaster related to the flowering of genetically modified cotton crops located in this region.
www.eutimes.net...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
op thanks for the heads up. i always watch out for cold outbreaks as i dont want to get sick. now to watch this and see if it reaches up in to colorado.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Continuing...

It seems that vaccine companies and anti-viral drug companies are already signing contracts - and have already placed a patent on the Coronavirus:

Coronavirus patent complicating diagnosis

Saudi Arabia lamented Thursday that foreign drug companies had patented the new SARS-like novel coronavirus that has killed 22 people worldwide in less than a year, slowing down the diagnosis process considerably.

"We are still struggling with diagnostics and the reason is that the virus was patented by scientists and is not allowed to be used for investigations by other scientists," Saudi Deputy Health Minister Ziad Memish told diplomats gathered in Geneva for the World Health Assembly

He said a scientist took a virus sample out of the country without permission, gave it to the Erasmus Medical Center in the Netherlands, and Saudi Arabia only learned of its discovery from ProMED, a US-based Internet-based reporting system.

The Rotterdam-based Erasmus lab then patented the process for synthesizing the virus, meaning that anyone else who wanted to use their method to study it would have to pay the lab.

"It was patented, and contracts were signed with vaccine companies and anti-viral drug companies" which now need to give their approval every time another lab wants to use the virus, he said.

"I think strongly that the delay in the development of .... diagnostic procedures is related to the patenting of the virus," Memish said.
www.arabnews.com...

Go figure.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
Just found this- connected to military movement in and out of Middle East?

I've seen one speculation, on a site of doubtful credibility, that the outbreak could be connected to nearby Fort Rucker, which presumably sees some traffic to and from various Middle East countries. But so do many other US military bases, so why would southeast Alabama be the only region to see an outbreak of undiagnosed respiratory disease?

Doesn't mention what the site of doubtful credibility is, but maybe they're on to something. As far as other bases, it's just the beginning stage in the spread of the disease - has to start somewhere. And it is in Texas now too.

crofsblogs.typepad.com...
edit on 22-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

Happened to my university campus every October/November with the start of new term. Combine that with bird migrations and you are absolutely guaranteed to pick up something at that time. Made the mistake of not running off the bus when the person behind me kept coughing and coughing with the noise like a box of lego bricks. Ended up just about choking to death on green slime.

May/June is the time that the universities/colleges finish their academic years, so students will be travelling back home.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

"Greed Kills"

It never ceases to amaze me the different ways greed can kill.

That one is going in my signature.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

What we need are addresses.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe it's a new kind of mad cow virus. Why people keep saying corona virus, I don't get it.

Maybe a person already had susceptibility to things like mad cow or mono or herpes or something in the blood, and this extra virus is a catalyst for making their brain swell up so bad that their skull bone has to be popped off so their brain stem can breathe. The clues are that they still have their brains, that there isn't a brain-rotting virus.

I do believe the CDC has the capability to not disclose to the public what the actual problem is in the interests of not causing panic or a risk of national security. The way the government prioritizes "national security" these days, even having a virus without a cure is a risk. Think about bioterrorism, how if it were known, hypothetical situation, where a brain virus was, what sort of deviant terrorist would want to steal that and replicate it, or what sort of deviant evil corporate person would want to use it.

Also what if it is an engineered virus, designed by Pentagon scientists, and that's why they can't say what it is because it's classified. Maybe it's the anti-Texan rebel virus. Maybe it's a virus that secretes an enzyme after its host is exposed to olfactory sensations of gun oil, causing the host to perceive 2nd amendment devices differently. Don't say it can't happen.

So in the persistent use of "mysterious illness" in a civilization with deluxe microscopes and technology that can read a DNA piece in less time than it takes to deliver a pizza, it sounds like a cover-up in a way.

There is a chance that it is a negative reaction from a vaccine that altered one's immunity after eating GMO peanuts or something.

Then of course after all this comes and goes: aliens.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

UPDATE:

This is the OFFICIAL Press Release Document issued by the ADPH.

Cause of respiratory illness cluster in southeast Alabama determined.pdf

Now they're saying it was just the flu.
*sigh* -

That still leaves Texas.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. - I will be keeping an eye on all things related in the mean time. - And I'm sure many of you will do the same.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
99% sure I had it.

Worst I have been sick in over 10 years. Voice so bad for 3 days I could not even talk on the phone, Heavy cough, pneumonia like rumbling and cough. Thought I was going to have to go to the Emergency Room at one point. Ended up going to the doctor about 4 days in after my normal attempt at home remedies and musinex DX did not help.

Gave me prescription cough suppressant pill for night time use so I could sleep and that did absolutely nothing.

Gave me 10 days of antibiotics and I actually think that helped, and I know they dont kill viruses. Was diagnosed with Bronchitis but they did not do swap tests except strep.

After about 10 days Slowly very slowly got a little better every day but the cough was still there to a degree.

4 weeks and I feel pretty good but I still get minor coughing attacks mostly when I eat or talk.

May not be this virus but it was nasty whatever it was. I think I got it in SW Georgia.
edit on 23-5-2013 by fishy6 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Of course the drug companies would put profits over human life. No surprise there.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
A new Epidemic hazard of "Acute Respiratory Infection' is currently being reported in Columbia, South America. - As of Today.

An epidemic of acute respiratory infection (ARI) in the municipality of Garzon in the center of the Department of Huila has resulted in 2 deaths and another 23 people infected with the dangerous illness. Carlos Daniel Mazabel, departmental secretary for health, warned that pregnant women, people older than 60 years, and cancer patients are the most vulnerable groups. The 2 fatal victims to date are a 61-year-old woman and a 52-year-old man, a community leader from the municipality of Garzon, who, according to the medical diagnosis, died after a complicated fever and respiratory distress syndrome.
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The only jaw dropper here would've come if they blamed Monsanto,
in fact, that might be a good way to off a crap full undesirables right there.
Sure would shock the buttons off my button flies.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by quedup
Scary stuff - I wonder when they released this one!

You're on to it -

S&F
edit on 22-5-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Obama needed yet more of a smoke screen to divert from IRS, Benghazi, Fast n Furious, AP, Foxnews, and every other scandal he has going on right now.

Obama: "Hey, CDC? Need your help."
CDC: "Yes Mr. President"

Dude, this is frekin sick. What next? Obama gonna be responsible for your hemoroids?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I work in health care in Ontario and I've definitely seen more people coming in seeking treatment for respiratory illnesses. What complicates things is that we're going through a very bad allergy season right now in my area so people aren't seeking medical treatment right away, thinking they may have bad allergies or asthma. At work, I'm taking the same precautions I always do, but am being extra diligent and am wearing my N95's when dealing with people with high fevers and coughs because we're seeing pneumonia's again. Out in public, I stay away from people who are coughing and am wiping down shopping cart handles ( I know, my kids roll their eyes at me too, but we don't seem to play "pass the bug" like other families do so I'm going to keep doing it). I don't know what's going around, but it is nasty and seems to drag on, as people here have said.
I would like to ask people who have posted that they've been really sick with something similar, if they have had their flu shots, just out of curiosity. A colleague of mine is one of very few who regularly gets his flu shot and he has been hit hard this week with a respiratory bug, 2nd of the season, this one the worse. I don't want to start a flu shot debate, but I think it's a fair question to ask.
Thanks to the OP for catching this, and I'll be following this thread in the hopes that if people notice similar clusters in other areas, they'll let us know here so we can all keep tabs on it.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join