It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Urgent* - 'Mysterious Respiratory illness' in the United States

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I'm wondering, these reports all seem to indicate known diseases. Leukemia is mentioned, Influenza, Pneumonia and others.

Does anyone find it strange that this is a big mystery and yet the mysterious aliment is "maybe" what people have been dying from forever? How is that a mystery?

Of course officially its unconfirmed what "exactly" is responsible. Probably never officially will be.

I'll tell you what is confirmed...

Has anyone heard of even one single person dying anywhere around the globe of radioactive contamination from Fukushima?

Not one_single_confirmed_case?

Hmmm...

Yes, the game of media illusions. 4 or 5 cases of an illness that cannot be identified and the whole of Texas and Alabama are calling the end of days plague? I notice the U.S people are very anxious in comparison with other countries. The U.S hypes everything in its culture through media and community.

Obviously this is a cultural thing and perhaps necessary to being able to survive in your country.

I wonder how many people have died from Fukushima and how many babies have been miscarried, aborted or born with genetic disfigurements?

I heard about Saudi Arabia and their respiratory illness problems. Is it just this time of year or something?

As to ideas of it being linked to GM; highly dubious about that. The pollens would not just target 2 people out of millions.

There are some bizarre virus strains going round these days. They are our own doing, not because of deliberate release, but from the way we live.

It is always a concern that some hateful faction from one of the U.S enemies' might manage to release horrid things upon the U.S public. We can only hope that nature can deal with it.

Were a virus to be released it is not only being unleashed upon humans, but on the whole of the environment. It will have to live in nature and not just a laboratory! Nature deals with most things, eventually; even huge meteor impacts. That's cold comfort, though!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn
OK, I'm a little freaked out to be honest. I usually ignore these virus scare things, but...my gram came down with something two days ago that's gotten progressively worse. She's coughing and hacking and has had to have her oxygen on for days. Where usually it's a very sporadic thing. She's got these sores on her lips and her right arm is swollen. My uncle took her to the walk in clinic and she said they couldn't figure out what was causing it.

My 61 yo aunt died 6 days ago. She was already on oxygen for COPD. She traveled to Louisiana, where she contracted a fever. After two days of fever, her condition worsened and she was taken to the hospital. According to my uncle, her labs were strangely abnormal with her CBC, red and white cells, and potassium was super low. Her fever increased, her breathing became more labored, and they took her to ICU where she died within 20 hours.

Doctor said..... unknown virus. That is all we know at this time. I'm waiting to hear back from my uncle about what in the hell exactly happened to her. He is not sick, he never caught what she had, and other than her having COPD and a need for oxygen, she was feeling good and doing very well with her health.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Not all of the patients are the same age. In the Texas case, yes. But in Alabama, the reported ages of patients being admitted, ranges from their "20s to late 80s.'"

Also, the CDC is awaiting lab test results - due back later this morning, that may determine the origins of the 'mystery illness' in Alabama.

edit on 23-5-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Scary stuff, thanks for sharing. I will keep an eye for more stories, although I hope there isn't any

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Follow the link below to get the latest on the outbreaks, they have an RSS feed which is worth watching.

Recombinomics_whats_new

Recombinomics should be one of your "Go-to" places for primary sourced information relating to novel transmissable diseases.
Recombinomics is the website of Dr Henry Niman, he is the person that is testing samples in the alabama victims cases.
He also gets information directly from the CDC and personal sources around the world.

A health report shows one of the two people who died recently due to respiratory illness suffered from the H1N1 virus. A second person also died but it's not immediately clear what virus that person suffered though at least one person treated tested positive for the AH3 virus.

Niman also said it's also unusual for people in their 30's and 40's, unless there have underlying conditions, to die from either H1N1 or AH3. Both victims were in the age range mentioned by Dr. Niman.

Dothanfirst
edit on 23-5-2013 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
reply to post by MysterX

Not all of the patients are the same age. In the Texas case, yes. But in Alabama, the reported age of patients being admitted, ranges from their "20s' to late 80s.'"

Also, the CDC is awaiting lab test results - due back later this morning, that may determine the origins of the 'mystery illness' in Alabama.

Ahh, thanks i didn't catch that it was right across the age spectrum.

Rules out vaccines or legal high type of things then if 80 year olds are getting it too...unless the vaccine is a flu shot type of deal?

Contaminated vaccine?

I read that the UK was destroying £millions worth of flu shot drugs recently...maybe our health office knows something is wrong with the vaccines and are destroying them?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
This was also on the Global Incident Map dated May 7th.

Mystery Illness in India

People are experiencing sudden fever, cough, headache, and dysentery. Sounds like the same symptoms to me. They aren't sure what the illness is but they are blaming it on sudden temperature changes in the weather.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Thank you for the link.

reply to post by MysterX

Just about every article I have seen so far, on either case, is very vague. It's tough to find any reliable facts, because you just don't know what to believe. - But something is causing these outbreaks, and this is the second cluster of 'mystery illnesses' reported in the US, within a short period of time - It's all just very strange. - The Alabama Case might as well be mainstream by now, seeing as how the Texas case hasn't really gotten any media attention at all.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by phantomjack

Originally posted by quedup
Scary stuff - I wonder when they released this one!

You're on to it -

S&F
edit on 22-5-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

Obama needed yet more of a smoke screen to divert from IRS, Benghazi, Fast n Furious, AP, Foxnews, and every other scandal he has going on right now.

Obama: "Hey, CDC? Need your help."
CDC: "Yes Mr. President"

Did Obama cause the tornado in OK as well?? It seems that he is the perfect scapegoat for everything bad that happens in America.

He can't escape the scandals surrounding him.
edit on 22-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Didnt you know that Obama is behind everything bad? That will only change when we get a different president by the way. Then, the new president will be responsible. [End Sarcasm]

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Scary stuff - I wonder when they released this one!

You're on to it -

S&F
edit on 22-5-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

I had the worse case of upper respiratory infection, in my life ,in February, I'm still not right, and I don't get sick period. In fact, I haven't had antibiotics in 23 years, but in February I had to take them.

Diagnosis: Walking pneumonia, but I didn't buy it at all. What I had/still kind of have was much worse.

I looked at the CDC for upper respiratory and saw the color chart that almost dominated the entire US. I called a doctor friend of mine that runs a hospital here in the Detroit area, and this is what he told me. "In January and February of 2013, we have had the an over-whelming amount of respiratory disorders, and it has surpassed the total of the entire year of 2012, just in our first two months."

Something is definitely wrong.

I'm glad this thread was posted. Thanks OP

edit on 23-5-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt passing so suddenly.

Make sure that someone reports this (along with sending the attached WHO document) to the county epidemiologist.
WHO DOCUMENT

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Detection of the novel corona virus takes PCR... polymerase chain reaction.. testing , takes time, costs, rarely done.
so only pateints reaaly sick get tested. they may be immunocompromized... by other virus infections. or vaccines.
this means that the virus may be wide spread but unnoticed. Coronavirus is also a cause of the common cold.

this virus if not contained by the immune system may also cause encepholitis and gastro symptoms...

i seem to have developed only cold symptoms in baltimore, so it will be interesting to see developments here.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Man, I just finished reading The Stand and can't help but think of captain trips.

Now I'm freaked out.
edit on 23-5-2013 by denybedoomed because: Now*

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

He immediately put him in his vehicle and started for Baptist Hospital in Beaumont again. Halfway there he was met by an ambulance as the seizures hadn’t stopped. That was the last time Tyler was conscious.

Once there he was admitted and then sent to Hermann Hospital in Houston.

I'm wondering why he wasn't taken to Memorial Hermann in Houston to start with. It is quite a bit closer to Hull/Daisetta than Memorial Hermann Baptist in Beaumont. Valuable time was wasted that could have made a big difference.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I wonder if these could be test cases for a population reduction scenario?
Being that all the Texas victims were healthy teens!
Then an outbreak in Alabama but all adults!
Seems like something TPTB would try, to gear up for when they lose control and need to purge
the US!
I know this will be how TEOTWAWKI starts! Though I believe we will see a financial collapse and run away
inflation before there is a full blown revolution which will lead to biological revolution by TPTB!
Mock me all you want but the truth is usually a lot more unbelievable then what we would perceive!
God help us all.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Maybe its Valley Fever with the drought being so bad its been on the upswing. Theres not much known about it and its often misdiagnosed.

www.npr.org...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by toastyr
Y'all best get started looking for the liposomal vitamin C thread, that stuff for real is a virus killer!

It's supposed to be more available then IV vitamin C, it works, very well.
Mega Dose Vitamin C for the win!

yeah as recently discovered accidently, vitamin c may even kill tuberculosis

PARIS — Scientists said Tuesday they had managed to kill lab-grown tuberculosis (TB) bacteria with good old Vitamin C — an “unexpected” discovery they hope will lead to better, cheaper drugs. A team from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York made the accidental find while researching how TB bacteria become resistant to the TB drug isoniazid. The researchers added isoniazid and a “reducing agent” known as cysteine to the TB in a test tube, expecting the bacteria to develop drug resistance. Instead, the team “ended up killing off the culture”, according to the study’s senior author William Jacobs, who said the result was “totally unexpected.” Reducing agents chemically reduce other substances. The team then replaced the cysteine in the experiment with another reducing agent — Vitamin C. It, too, killed the bacteria. “I was in disbelief,” said Jacobs of the outcome published in the journal Nature Communications. “Even more surprisingly… when we left out the TB drug isoniazid and just had Vitamin C alone, we discovered that Vitamin C kills tuberculosis.” The team next tested the vitamin on drug resistant strains of TB, with the same outcome. In the lab tests, the bacteria never developed resistance to Vitamin C — “almost like the dream drug”, Jacobs said in a video released by the college.

business.inquirer.net...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

If this helps any, Our entire apartment is sick. People who live upstairs are hypocondriacts so they go yo the hospital if tgey even cough. Well the hospital was packed, like something oyt of a movie. Even the hospital staff were in hazmat looking suits . They said a epidemic is going around. Yes they said epidemic. The hospital was so full they were asking people to leave unless they really needed help. This is in oregon.
Thought is share. I have a persistant cough and plugged ears and my gf has ear ache.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Probably completely unrelated, but we've had a bad "something" going through my town in NC. Tomorrow is the last day of school, today is/was field day (a fun time, kids love it) and I have 7 students out sick. I know they are sick because their parents called.

I'm sick myself, but the symptoms don't seem to fit with this scare. Nausea, diarrhea, body aches, chills, fever....its yucky. Still think its probably not the same thing.

But seven kids out of school is a lot.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Those that are in the know understand that Vitamin C kills all these viruses.

Bird Flu
Pneumonia
Mono
Upper Respiratory Infections
Flu

It absolutely CRIMINAL that they are not treating these patients with high doses of Vitamin C by IV.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join