It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

can someone explain this phone call?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
i would research this but im not sure how to word it so ill just ask here.

at 10:30pm last night my parents got a phone call, caller ID said it was my grand parents my mom answered and no one was there. this morning my dad called my grand parents to ask if they called and they said they where just getting in bed when they're phone rang at 10:30pm with no one at the other end. they have old phones so no caller ID. i kind of have a feeling this is a common occurrence but like i said im not sure how to research this.

thanks for any input.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
We get sort of an automatic callback once in a while from people who haven't even called lately. After the usual, No you called me, no I didn't you called me....we usually start to chuckle and say good bye. I haven't a clue how it works but it happens. I have auto callback disabled.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
maybe the spirit realm is reaching out to your parents and grand parents...like perhaps they should spend more time together or talk more...or its a telephone line issue and you could call thier phone company and ask a phone tech...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
maybe the spirit realm is reaching out to your parents and grand parents...like perhaps they should spend more time together or talk more...or its a telephone line issue and you could call thier phone company and ask a phone tech...

i thought at first it was some kind of sign or something, it was my dads parents and they're side of the family has a lot of paranormal stories. i think its silly to think that right of the bat though when it could just be a common phone thing.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

Not silly at all thinking that right off the bat...stranger things have happened and our minds automatic pilot just goes there because of what we have been told or read or seen...nothing silly there...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

I'm not sure if this is what it is but I throw it out there for you anyhow, it could have been a automated dialer system. Basically what that does is a computer calls randoms numbers by the hundreds (or thousands) until there is a answer and nine times out of ten ends up hanging up before you can get a response.

However given the time and sequence of the calls, I would doubt it is a automated dialer, but for what it's worth I'm suggesting it's possible.

Sorry I couldn't help much more.

-SAP-

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My best answer would be based on something a morning radio show did years ago in Kalamazoo. They would call two competing business' ,for instance Firestone and good year or two donut shops...You'd hear each of the two "victims" answer hello how can I help you and the ensuing "no you called me, no, you called me"

They seemed real. Dont know how many tries it took to work out but guessing used some type of 3 way calling.

Another scenario I remember is from when I was in jail. An inmate using the phone has to call out with a collect call.
Somebody they want to talk to, normally a young girlfriend's parents put a block on the collect calls so inmate can't talk to daughter and run up phone bill to tune of hundreds of dollars.

So inmate calls friend who accepts charges and somehow, I think with cordless phones? hits flash button and dials inmates girlfriend....3 way call...

Just a possibility somebody called your grandparents late in the evening, they wake up inadvertently hit the flash button and speed dial you???

Hell years ago... like michigan bell years ago lol... every 3 weeks or so I would get a strange ring tone on my home phone and it would always be the same person trying to call the same person but routed to my home phone

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by madmark

I've worked in telco, and it's relatively easy to spoof Caller ID. Telemarketers, and bill collectors often do this, expecially if you have used them as a reference somewhere to get you to pick up the phone. I won't say this is the case for certain, but certainly in the realm of possibility.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I can not explain the telephone call your parents and grandparents received last night but, i had a similar experience happen to me this past March 26 , 2013 at 12:10 AM on the dot . I was awakened by my cell phone ringing. When my cell phone rings a ladys voice comes over and says what telephone number is calling you. Well , this call that came in had no womans voice telling me who is calling. So, i reached over on my bedside table to look at the caller ID on my phone and the number that was calling me was, 000-000-0000 . I thought to myself, who is calling me from this number. I didn't even know there was such a number. I picked the phone up to answer it and there was no one on the other end of the phone. It was just silent. Needless to say, i haven't received anymore calls from this number since then. I wish i could get an answer to my phone call too.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Elizabeth1

i had that all zero number call my cell phone a few times. i believe that number is the caller hiding there number or something like that. i could swear i read about it.

thanks for the replies.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Sometimes getting that 000 call on a cell phone is them trying to verify the number is active. Then they sign you up for some stupid 'joke of the day' thing and charge you a buck a day until you figure out that's going on. I had them do that to me a couple of times and then got wise and blocked any charges to my cell.

Back in the olden days, our married apartments on campus had a phone splice panel in the hallway. I used to get a lineman set, bridge two phone lines together and call one of them. The phones would ring at both ends, and the fun would begin. "I didn't call you - yes you did - stupid arsehole"

I guess I was more easily entertained back then.

We had a guy we did some work for in Huntsville that had the ANID system figured out to the nth degree, he sells a piece of phone equipment that with an additional bit of code can fudge that in a way that can't be traced, so you can return any caller ID you'd like, it pretends to be a switch to the phone system and lulls it into believing the fiction. I'm not sure if the phone company's on to it or not, but we used to use one to screw with people. It's fun when they pretend not to be there and you call up with NSA or Boeing showing as the caller.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
You're welcome. Sorry i didn't have an answer for ya. But thanks for informing me about you receiveing a call to your cell phone from a 000 number. I thought if someone was blocking their telephone number and they did a *67 the call would come up as unavailable. You know my best friend received a call on her cell phone from the same 000 number about three years ago and that happened right after her husband had past away.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I had this happen about a month ago maybe. Got a call from someone I know and I do have caller ID. Answered and got a voice that was monotone. Then line went dead. Thought they would call back. When didn't I went to redial from caller ID. No number there. In fact, no calls had come in the whole morning. So I called the person back and asked "did you call me". Said they had not. I really need to check out my phone bill too but I'm certain it won't be there. Was wide awake and fully aware when all of this happened. Thought people felt I was nuts so stopped talking about it.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I think it was the Travelocity Gnome. Little bastard is always trying to enforce the guarantee.

Gremlins.

Ghosts in the phone lines.

Aliens.

A phone company thingy but that just seems way to "out there" of an idea.

join