It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Transparent Administration in History Releases Completely Redacted Document

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
As part ofthe follw-up to recent disclosures of Abama administration intrusion into personal privacy and violation of Constitutional protections, the ACLU requested information regarding White House guideleines.

The Obama White House replied by releasing a 15-page "memo" on the topic that was entirely, 100% blacked-out!

The American Civil Liberties Union was curious about warrantless government snooping on citizens' text messages. So the group filed a Freedom of Information Act request to the Justice Department. Here's what they got back: Link:reason.com...

reason.com...

Here's to "Transparency!"

jw

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Isnt that how "anonymous" trolls fax lines?
what a waste of toner stamps and paper

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Okay, that just seems like an Onion article.

How is Obama not impeached yet?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
well I just want you all to know im being completely honest when I say

(redacted)

That my 2 cents

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

In fairness they released the header of the memo, the department that originated it and the director that sent it, plus the doc #.

All of which provides the requester with a specific document to cite and request if they want to appeal the withheld information via legal channels. Which the ACLU etc. should do.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
This is why so many feel that any interaction with the government is automatically a losing proposition.

They just make up the rules as they go along. FOIA? GREAT! Except for the fact that they can make up whatever excuse they want to not actually give you any information. Appeal it? GREAT! That'll drag out for months or years and in the end you'll just get another excuse.

The only time you get any real info is when it's no longer useful or relevant. And morons jump for joy and call it a win for FOIA.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
well that's a lovely slap in the face. there aren't any rules or laws anymore. not that our government is bound by anyway. they're literally laughing at us and there's simply nothing that will be done about it. they will continue to own us and we'll LIKE it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
This is because Obama is changing all the rules and then making them double top secret. I bet there are a lot of juicy things he has changed and no one will ever know. Which is exactly how a dictatorshiip runs. I warned everyone when he won the election. I am psychic and his "logo" brought on intense feelings of extreme control.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any more absurd. So what's to be done with these folks? Can't vote 'em out. Not really. With each election a whole new set of criminals just takes their place.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
reply to post by jdub297

Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any more absurd. So what's to be done with these folks? Can't vote 'em out. Not really. With each election a whole new set of criminals just takes their place.

For starters, we need to change the rules for executive orders. Then we need to examine the other ways this president is getting too much power and change them also. Then perhaps write some laws for protection of the press from being charge with leaking info. This is just a start but could help a lot.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

We as citizens need to enact some laws of our own. 1). Any politician caught consorting with a known lobbyist shall be tried for treason and hung by the neck until dead. 2). Any lobbyist caught consorting with a politician shall be tried for treason and hung by the neck until dead.
Corporations are not people. This is where it all began. We need the government to look out for the people and not for big business.
Enact these two laws end of problem.

new topics

top topics

join