It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Suspected Terrorist Attack kills one and injures two, COBRA Meeting Starting Soon!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

A man has died and two are injured after police responded to a reported machete attack in south-east London. The government is reported to be treating the assault as a suspected terrorist incident and the prime minister said it was "truly shocking".

Just saw this on the News, looks like two men chanting "Allahu Akbar" have been arrested and the Government is commencing a COBRA meeting to assess this situation.

This is still developing however it appears that two others have been injured.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

yeah ano just noticed that i did a quick check then saw that thread.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
What is a Cobra meeting, sorry If that sounds stupid, i'm just wondering

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
No worries

I'm just adding into that thread and upsetting a few with my views......

What do you do with people whom commit a crime like that...?

It is scary to know that some can exhibit such low value on life in a civilised society.....

Rgds

PDUK

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
What is a Cobra meeting, sorry If that sounds stupid, i'm just wondering

en.wikipedia.org...

A Wikipedia search is a good start

Rgds

PDUK

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

it stands for "Cabinet Office Brieffing Room-A" traditionally in times of crisis the meeting is called by a senior government official and they all head to a underground secure location and with the heads of various departments all meet to discuss the events on the ground. Its probably not being held in Cabinet office briefing room-A but that is the name given to these types of meetings.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Heres the killer talking calmly trying to justify his actions!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That man is as English as I am. Talking about his home country like he isn't standing in it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by maccascfc
That man is as English as I am. Talking about his home country like he isn't standing in it.

So true,

makes it even worse thought English on English like this its horrible.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

It is scary to know that some can exhibit such low value on life in a civilised society.....
Too civilised,and too tolerant,maybe too tolerant.

But I guess it's time for a change,although it is hard,very hard.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I think cases like this are among those few that the Death Penalty was made for. Red handed, on the scene and damn near proud of what he's done. Yup....I'd call him too dangerous to ever freely mix with polite society again and too far beyond humanity as we know it to justify supporting for most of a lifetime, in a box.

I don't think England still has Death as a possibility on even the most evil, unthinkable crimes one can imagine. That's a shame....as now you'll be feeding, caring for and giving top medical aid for 20-40 years of life to come...judging by how the age looks here.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think cases like this are among those few that the Death Penalty was made for. Red handed, on the scene and damn near proud of what he's done. Yup....I'd call him too dangerous to ever freely mix with polite society again and too far beyond humanity as we know it to justify supporting for most of a lifetime, in a box.

I don't think England still has Death as a possibility on even the most evil, unthinkable crimes one can imagine. That's a shame....as now you'll be feeding, caring for and giving top medical aid for 20-40 years of life to come...judging by how the age looks here.

Agreed, lets face it that guy in the video will get 40 years max, i think this is one of the view cases were the death penalty should still stand.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think this will be the game changer, Muslims will never feel safe in Britain now as Brits will shortly start to hit back hard, we are going to see Iraq & Syria on our own UK streets, unless as we want they are all slung out of the UK, we do not like them or there way of life here.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Just one machete? No explosions?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I think this will be the game changer, Muslims will never feel safe in Britain now as Brits will shortly start to hit back hard, we are going to see Iraq & Syria on our own UK streets, unless as we want they are all slung out of the UK, we do not like them or there way of life here.

I disagree, the 7/7 bombings were not much of a game changer nor was the Glasgow bombing this wont be any different. Especially because based on the TV footage it looks like some nut with a knife rather than a large scale terrorist plot

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

And the whole crap storm gets bigger and bigger as bigoted idiots from both sides attack the innocent. Homegrown Islamic fundies of all hues attack moslem and non moslems of all hues and then bigots of all hues attack innocent moslems..

Sadly the chances for the idiots of both sides practising mutual annihilation is slim but thatis what is really needed. The rust of us can then live in peace.

T

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Originally posted by maccascfc

So true,

makes it even worse thought English on English like this its horrible.

It does seem bad to hear him speak. One would suppose that he was raised and learned to speak English as his first language.
But in light of what he did, I don't know if it is the right thing to call him 'English'. He seems like an enemy of the English people. God help you all if this type of person is not a total aberration in your society.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
for anyone who is interested this attack is very similar to another attack that was foiled in 2007 by the security services in which a group of Islamic radicals plotted to kidnap and behead a serving British Muslim Soldier.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u

yeah places like bradford,leeds and birmingham etc are gonna be scary places to be over the next few months.

im not justifying what this man has done but doesn't the british army/government do this everyday??? ok they may not chop people up in the street but they are responsible for thousands of deaths of men/women and children in iraq/afghanistan.

you cant poke a dog and not expect it to bite once in a while!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join