It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Drafted In Secret Would Block Release Of Some Newtown Massacre Records

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
WHY WHY WHY??????????
what good reason could there possibly be???

The staffs of the state's top prosecutor and the governor's office have been working in secret with General Assembly leaders on legislation to withhold records related to the police investigation into the Dec. 14 Newtown elementary school massacre — including victims' photos, tapes of 911 calls, and possibly more.

The behind-the-scenes legislative effort came to light Tuesday when The Courant obtained a copy of an email by a top assistant to Chief State's Attorney Kevin Kane, Timothy J. Sugrue. Sugrue, an assistant state's attorney, discussed options considered so far, including blocking release of statements "made by a minor."

"There is complete agreement regarding photos etc., and audio tapes, although the act may allow the disclosure of audio transcripts," Sugrue wrote to Kane, two other Kane subordinates and to Danbury State's Attorney Stephen Sedensky, who is directing the investigation of the killings.

and it sounds like they're rushing it through under the radar of congress itself...

The bill that's being crafted has not been handled under routine legislative procedures — it hasn't gone through the committee process, which includes a public hearing, for example. Sugrue's email Tuesday indicated that a draft of the bill was being worked on by leaders in both the House and Senate, and might be ready as soon as the end of the day.

www.courant.com...

what are they trying to hide and WHY?

edit on 22-5-2013 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The fact that they are hiding things, after the perpetrator is supposedly dead, should tell you volumes.

I always thought the story was fishy. What are they hiding, indeed.........

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Did I read correctly that they are blocking the release of the crime scene photos?
If that is the case ... I fully agree with that.
No one needs to see the bodies of dozens of murdered children swimming in a bloodbath.
That's ghoulish .. and nothing can be gained by the public having access to those pictures.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think this has been a perfect textbook case of how NOT to run an investigation of a mass casualty event. I can see 100% and total restriction on crime scene photos. Personally, I think anyone who has an issue with that is a ghoul in serious need of in-patient, clinical help with a serious fascination that crossed into illness. Simple as that.

Outside the photographic evidence of the reality of a crime scene like this? Why not release the 911 calls? Why not the transcripts? I can see the restriction of underage statements and that's standard enough. Nothing X-files about that. To get picky-choosy sounds like cover-up though and they're going to regret this in the long run is my thoughts.

They'll have a cop or MANY cops from what I've heard out of those in that line of work, who will blow their little house of cards down ...whether they like it or not. That crime screwed up a lot of responders ...not just the families and obvious victims. A lot of people won't tolerate cover-up because it's as much a part of their own mental process of getting right by what happened as any right of the public to know.

What is the malfunction of these people, anyway? Control is appropriate..to a point. Control for the sake of "We know best, you ignorant little people....listen and believe us" is getting so common as to be infuriating.

The more they cover the basic procedure stuff and BASIC BASIC levels of investigation? The more I'm sure there are some in Uniform who screwed the pooch so badly on this, they need fired if not incarcerated over their level of incompetence. That would support the extreme efforts to bury bury bury .....not so much these B.S. excuses of how we don't need to know.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the MSM has publicly bashed those saying "conspiracy" or "false flag"... They say that "conspiracy theorists" are trying to make something out of nothing... from day 1 the reporting has been horrific, the investigation pathetic, the story they sold to us has been unfolding with far too many questions unanswered... now they do this. Absolute insanity.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I agree, block the release of crime scene photos of minors. But why use this to pork in 911 calls, audio transmissions between authorities and other public information that can help beat down the conspiracy theorists?
Unless the conspiracy theorists are AGAIN vindicated if these were released?

If the proposed legislation ends up blocking the release of victims' photos and tapes of 911 calls — on which Sugrue said "there is complete agreement" — it wouldn't be a significant departure from normal procedures with regard to photos, but would be a major departure with regard to tapes of emergency calls.

They also want to extend it to other events so this would extend to anything else they want to cover up in the future.

As envisioned by Kane, the bill wouldn't be limited to the Newtown file.

Maybe they realized that getting away with cover-ups isn't as easy as it once was?

edit on 22-5-2013 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
No one needs to see the bodies of dozens of murdered children swimming in a bloodbath.
That's ghoulish .. and nothing can be gained by the public having access to those pictures.

No one? Really? Not even the investigators? So we can all agree that someone needs to look at these photos and the actual scene itself. Not only is it mandatory it is needed to flush out the truth in any grissly situation (even when kids are involved).

If the are so ghoulish, then I would think people can make up their own mind if they are too squeemish. I for one would be and wouldn't look at those photos. But I WOULD like others who wouldn't be so put off to do so. Why? It's call oversight!

We can't just sit around and swallow everything the government says to us. If we did, oh wait, yeah we do that now. And can't you see all the astounding violations to our constitution taking place day in and day out, etc, etc, times infinity, ad naseum.

Nothing can be gained from seeing the facts? Well, WOW! Ok, you got me there.....

Perhaps I have been living in a backwards world where it was believed "seeing is believing". Isn't that was is said every day here on ATS. "Proof or it didn't happen".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think this has been a perfect textbook case of how NOT to run an investigation of a mass casualty event. I can see 100% and total restriction on crime scene photos. Personally, I think anyone who has an issue with that is a ghoul in serious need of in-patient, clinical help with a serious fascination that crossed into illness. Simple as that.

Have you seen Port Arthur Police Training video that was released?
If so notice that all these were clean shots, now ask yourself if you would like to know if these kids didn't suffer or the fact that it looks like a marksman has gunned up a school.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

100% and total restriction on crime scene photos

Guess that includes photos of the entrance camera as the criminal entered?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

100% and total restriction on crime scene photos

Guess that includes photos of the entrance camera as the criminal entered?
Bingo! this is where they try to pork in ALL pictures and ALL info that would bring light into this event...but noooo they want to keep it in the dark.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by amraks

What training video? What clean shots?? The kids, as far as we know to be the case (and pure logic, for those who see conspiracy in everything) were huddled together for safety. For all the good it did them. People complained we couldn't see autopsy photos or read postmortem reports ...of all things. The outright sickness of some following this case is only surpassed by the apparent incompetence used in investigating it.

Clean shots would be the Stockton School Yard Massacre. That was a sick bastard with an AK-47 in an open school yard in California. Where gunshot wounds to small children are ever "clean", that would have been.

This case? This was of a shooter firing into a mass of kids, tight into a bunch, and it doesn't take a degree in forensics to imagine what that lead to or what the photos would likely show. Personally? I've seen enough death in one lifetime, without seeing more. What precisely do we all think we're going to "Sherlock Holmes" out of this case, anyway? Some missing clue in a picture no one else saw? A position of a child's body that indicates something just a hair different than the official story??

Naww.... I don't know why they want to cover the overall, pre-shooting tape but I'm not an investigator with a law enforcement agency either. I want to see everything that IS NOT sensitive come out....but photographic evidence of much of anything relating to THIS crime, of all crimes, pretty well falls into that sensitive stuff.

It's like the World Trade Center. I've seen the photos of the charred corpses in the Pentagon..or the pieces of them. Of the mess...that used to be human...on the pavement of the WTC towers before they fell ...and of pieces of what used to be human on the streets around it. It's all part of the Federal Trial record of the 20th Hijacker. Do I feel *ANY* better for having seen them? Nope.. they're among the images I wish I could forget and probably will to my dying day. I don't think anyone needs the gore from Newtown added to that category of memory ...when NOTHING we say, think or opinionate about them will change anything, anyway.

We DO NOT have the "right" to know everything, on every topic. Period.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Whilst I agree with you on most of your post, I do think the autopsy reports should come out, if simply to know what caliber bullets were used and to see if they matched the weapons they said Lanza had in his possession.
I don't need to see the pictures of dead kids and teachers tough, they can keep those locked up.
AND they don't need a new bill/law to do this, identities and pictures of minors are already not released.
This new law they want is to block the release of pertinent info that may bring to light a cover up and as usual they are using the "poor children" as an excuse.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I can agree to withhold gory pictures from the public but to block information from future credible investigators; what's the purpose in that? They are hiding something obviously and not just protecting the sensibilities of the parents.

I find it astonishing that some members reject and criticize the MSM until it fits in with their ideology and belief system; then hold it up as proof!

What a bunch of hypocrits; You have no credibility!

Snopes

edit on 22-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Whilst I agree with you on most of your post, I do think the autopsy reports should come out, if simply to know what caliber bullets were used and to see if they matched the weapons they said Lanza had in his possession.
I don't need to see the pictures of dead kids and teachers tough, they can keep those locked up.
AND they don't need a new bill/law to do this, identities and pictures of minors are already not released.
This new law they want is to block the release of pertinent info that may bring to light a cover up and as usual they are using the "poor children" as an excuse.

It really does not matter what they release the conspiracy people will claim the did not release it all or it was doctored or it is fake. That is how such theories survive. Lets face it the people who buy into this are not going to change their minds. They do not see the need have families have to have the entire thing dug up again by hearing 911 calls etc to satisfy a small group of people they see as crazy anyway. Look at the moon landing one the most healy covered events in human history with every kind of evidence you could want and people still deny. Obama though releasing both versions of birth certifcate would satisfy the birthers but, we all know that was a waste of time. This would be the same way they know it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

You know the sad thing about this is that there are lessons to be learned from what happened. There are absolutely items which need covered and investigated, within public view, in my opinion. The tragedy is that the ghouls who think the whole case book is public record for people to casually paw through out of morbid curiosity will likely block those things from being looked at as they need to be.

In the first couple days, there was serious questioning going on about bullet holes in parked cars outside. A lot of hand wringing about whether police response hastened an end or made it worse....whether he suicided after shooting at cops directly or was going to, about that time anyway?

Just like the Beslan Massacre, I think mistakes were made by cops. They always are..and it's not important for blame as much as learning to adjust responses to avoid them in the future. Unfortunately, this case has taken on such a life of it's own, largely by media and law enforcement handling of it from the first word of it, that I doubt that useful examination will ever really happen.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Thunderheart

You know the sad thing about this is that there are lessons to be learned from what happened. There are absolutely items which need covered and investigated, within public view, in my opinion. The tragedy is that the ghouls who think the whole case book is public record for people to casually paw through out of morbid curiosity will likely block those things from being looked at as they need to be.

In the first couple days, there was serious questioning going on about bullet holes in parked cars outside. A lot of hand wringing about whether police response hastened an end or made it worse....whether he suicided after shooting at cops directly or was going to, about that time anyway?

Just like the Beslan Massacre, I think mistakes were made by cops. They always are..and it's not important for blame as much as learning to adjust responses to avoid them in the future. Unfortunately, this case has taken on such a life of it's own, largely by media and law enforcement handling of it from the first word of it, that I doubt that useful examination will ever really happen.

Adam Lanza did not have a public trial by the citizens of this country. How do the citizens know a fair and unbiased decision is made about the guilt of a dead citizen that many believe to be Not Guilty? If it is none of our business and all evidence is "secret" how do we prevent people who are not around to speak from being railroaded?

This kind of behavior leads to a very dangerous society where any authority can easily frame someone for a crime.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Okay, you lose me with the demands as if this is a common thing available in every trial or every crime that never even sees a trial (that remains to be seen in civil terms, anyway). If a trial was held and whole or even small parts were kept secret, I can see the issue and that doesn't happen outside national security stuff, which isn't what we're talking about here. The "Court of Public Opinion" is a figure of speech, not a literal thing which has a right to all evidence in an investigation...which this very much still is.

We'll see what happens with evidence when/if the civil trials begin and something other than "because we are supposed to know" is used to require it. I can think of legal cases where some of what is being blocked would be key to making it.....who knows. Simply demanded for the Press and 'public record' though? When has it ever been the case as a blanket thing? Especially in cases with kids and particularly high profile, controversial ones?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

reply to post by Char-Lee

Okay, you lose me with the demands as if this is a common thing available in every trial or every crime that never even sees a trial (that remains to be seen in civil terms, anyway). If a trial was held and whole or even small parts were kept secret, I can see the issue and that doesn't happen outside national security stuff, which isn't what we're talking about here. The "Court of Public Opinion" is a figure of speech, not a literal thing which has a right to all evidence in an investigation...which this very much still is.

We'll see what happens with evidence when/if the civil trials begin and something other than "because we are supposed to know" is used to require it. I can think of legal cases where some of what is being blocked would be key to making it.....who knows. Simply demanded for the Press and 'public record' though? When has it ever been the case as a blanket thing? Especially in cases with kids and particularly high profile, controversial ones?

When there were investigative reporters at least someone was looking out for inconsistencies and things were better.
This is something that happened in a public place and the details could be given without being vulgar about it as it has been in crimes throughout our past.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Your hatred of conspiracy theorists is blinding you from comprehending what this is really about.
How do we know for sure that the way the police responded was correct? how do we know there wasn't anyone else involved? how do we know the timeline is correct? why can't we see video grabs of Lanza actually entering the school? that won't hurt anyone's feelings, how do we know he actually used the "ooh so scary" AR-15 the government wants banned?

You probably thought that the people complaining that the IRS was targeting them were "nuts" also right?
how about the people complaining about the chemtrails? they nuts too?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by masta12d

Originally posted by FlyersFan

No one? Really? Not even the investigators?

The bill would block the RELEASE of the photos to the general public and the press. That's NOT blocking the photos to the investogators. And guess what, you are NOT an investigator.

No one has any business viewing the photos of the massacred school children. If the parents of those children don't want the photos released .. then they should not be released. People here trying to play armchair detective don't need to see pictures of dead children swimming in blood and brains. That's nothing more than being a ghoul. Plain and simple.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join