It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Va. father says he was suspected of kidnapping his kids by Walmart security

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I was reading this article from AlterNet and I was amazed at the content. A white father takes his three young daughters shopping at Walmart. A police officer was called because his children were not white like him. There are two problems I see with this story. One I dislike that people can't come to terms there are mixed race people and two I feel like people have this fear of pedophilia and kidnappers they do not see this man as a good responsible father, but a menace to society. Maybe I'm not like the person who is paranoid and fears there is danger creeping around every corner. This is my own two cents about the article. Trying to understand this crazy world filled with yahoos.

WOODBRIDGE, Va. - A Prince William County man says he was suspected by Walmart security of possibly kidnapping his three young daughters -- all because they aren't the same race. Joseph, who doesn't want his family's last name revealed, and his wife Keana are an interracial couple. They have been married for nearly 10 years and have three daughters: a 4-year-old and 2-year-old twins.

On Thursday evening, Joseph took all three girls to the Walmart in Potomac Mills in Woodbridge to cash a check. He says they weren't there long, but spent a few extra minutes in the parking lot while he buckled the girls in and then made a phone call. Joseph says he then went to up his wife, Keana, and as they were arriving home, they were shocked to find a Prince William County police officer waiting for them.

"He asks us very sincerely, ‘Hey, I was sent here by Walmart security. I just need to make sure that the children that you have are your own,’” Joseph says. "I was dumbfounded," says Keana. "I sat there for a minute and I thought, ‘Did he just ask us if these were our kids knowing what we went through to have our children?’ "He took my ID and asked my 4-year-old to point out who her mother and father were." Joseph says the officer told them a Walmart security guard reported seeing him in the parking lot with the girls and thought it was strange.

You can read the remaining in the source links. Maybe a lot of people are going crazy. With the media reporting kidnappings of numerous young children. It becomes like no one can be trusted. Even innocent people like this man can be seen in a negative light. Crazy! Mods I shorten the title of the thread because it was too long. Sorry if I broke a rule not including all of the title.

Source

Source

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I saw this story earlier today.

How unfortunate... These are truly crazy and perilous times.

The irony of course is we have fully developed a "better safe, than sorry" mentality in our culture, which of course makes us LESS safe from government abuse or the abuse of others who would use the government's response as a personal tool for score setting.

Now we call the government for just about anything for THEM to take care of it. And it appears a single phone call is all that is necessary to prompt government action. I find that frightening. The opportunities for abuse are huge.

Don't like the neighbor? Just make a simple phone call and get it taken care of.

Good grief.... :shk:

edit on 22-5-2013 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I witnessed something similar first-hand while waiting for a bus. White mother, black father, white son. The father and son were playing in the snow, and the boy began to roll around in a muddy spot, dirtying his pants. The father grabbed the boy and scolded him. A nosy lady that was also waiting for the bus flipped her lid, screaming "You can't do that! That is obviously NOT your child!" The guy was completely stunned by this, he couldn't even bring himself to respond for a few seconds. You could see that he was enraged. He finally yelled back at the lady "Do YOU wash his pants?"

The nosy lady then had the nerve to flag down a police car that was driving by and reported that the man was abusing someone else's child. The mother got into it at this point and told the officer "That is my husband, that is our son, and this lady is a (expletive)." The cop told the nosy lady "mind your own f***ing business" and threatened to write her a ticket for something along the lines of making a false report.

Some people just can't comprehend love between people of different pigment levels.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

i didnt even read the whole story i get the jist because this has happened to me, more than once. The first time i waqs taking my 1 year old to Washington to see my grandpa before he died she was the first great grand baby and when im in the airport im getting some water for her at a food court type area and my little one is crying cause she is thirsty, the b#tch that sold me the water started interrogating me with a nasty look on her face........."weres her mother at?"...... "were are you going." "is she ok......whats her name" she pissed pissed me off and i would of have said somthing but i had a crying baby to take care of and wasn't trying to get into it with some uppity b#tch that couldn't mind her business.

The second time happened a few months ago and this time me and my kids are walking through the mall and they need to use the rest room, its a smaller one tolitle bathroom with a lock so i send them in to take care of there business and im waiting outside the door, the girls come out and I say "come on ladies we got move lets go"(we were in a hurry) and some guy walks by me and the girls start walking and he says "hey are those your children?"

like i was stealing them or somthing. I looked at him turned the girls around and asked him "what do you think"? we all have the same hair and eyes and they look like twins that were born three years apart, but i was pissed that this was the second time i had being suspected of stealing my own children. end rant.

sorry for cursing
edit on 22-5-2013 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
With "see something say something" for every valid call you have to wonder how many crazies are trying to feel important by finding something/anything they can snitch on?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
This nation should have a "report strangeness at Walmart day" and FLOOD the authorities with thousands of calls reporting any and all oddness at the Walmart they are at. That shouldn't be hard...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
There have been two instances where I felt something was wrong with a parent and child, and was tempted to contact the authorities. Never ended up doing it because in each case something happened that explained the weirdness (because I took a second or two to watch). That being said, what kind of kidnapper takes 3 children about the same age to WalMart and what kind of dumbass doesn't realize there are interracial couples?

I had a buddy back in the day that was a tattoo artist and had full sleeves and his neck done. I think he got flipped a lot of crap from people too even though he was a great Dad, devout Christian and an all around nice guy.

This whole weird hyper vigilance regarding kids is somewhat understandable, children should be protected and I loathe people with the "don't get involved" mentality, but it's getting out of hand. I think I've whined about this before, but a few times in line at the grocery store I've saved a kid about to tip over while climbing all over the kart and been met with venom from the Mother's until they realized I wasn't trying to abduct their child two feet away from them. Shoot I didn't even touch the kids, just grabbed the kart so the little dummies didn't crack their head on the floor.

Took my dog for a walk today with my new GoPro camera at the park and made a point to go nowhere near the playground area or soccer field worried that someone would think I was up to no good. I'm not all that old but I do remember when it was perfectly normal and acceptable to smile at a baby in a shopping cart or wave when they give you that big happy grin. I don't want to molest your kids, I just want to be nice to them and get home and molest this steak sitting in my cart.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Sad to see stupidity and racism are alive and thriving. I'd have to go back to that store, find the manager and file some sort of complaint. If the security guard was so worried, why didn't he investigate?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Can't say that I'm surprised. I get this reaction every now and then when I have my niece and nephew out and about. (I'm white, they're mixed.)

There's been times I've been asked to leave parks and had cops called on me for "suspicious" behaviour while I've had my nieces and nephews at said parks. Its a sad day when an uncle can't spend time with kids without getting harassed.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
sadly as we have seen so far this is far from an irregular incident, and by by far there is nothing new about it. i have relatives that adopted 4 children 2 are from eastern countries and 2 are blacks born in the states. when the children were younger this getting stopped and questioned was a regular thing for them especially cops. they learned early on that they had to be sure to carry id at all times when they were out with the children due to this. if they only had the one or both of the eastern children it normally wasn't an issue, but if it was one or both of the black children it was almost like it was just a matter of time that they were questioned about it. it almost seemed that people still felt like there was no way that any black child would have any business being with a white parent, so much for people being non racist i guess.

it's not been bad since they became adults, yet awhile back one of them was out shopping with their father, and commented "stop following me and leave me alone" to him, in a neutral low voice. in no time flat security was there to "deal" with him. ah the fun of a paranoid populace.

but hey you can have fun with it as well. at one family gathering when we were young adults and older teens we decided to go to 7-11 for snacks. as we went in (a couple of us having smokes to finish we didn't all go in together) someone noticed the guy at the counter started to look nervous at seeing 2 blacks in the store and an Indian (and man can he put on a bad fake Indian accent
), a redneck and another white walk in. so a few minor racial/ethnic slurs started to be tossed around. by the time we were ready to go they guy not only looked like he was in a panic, he had one hand on the phone. the relief was evident as we all came to the counter and someone asked "who was paying". some people are just SOOO panicky about things
one of the best laughs we ever shared after doing that.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Timestop 0:36 - 0:40

The video above is complete [color=gold] satire of the
if-you-see-something-say-something meme
that was developed and paid for by our own
Department of Homeland Security and en-
dorsed by Napoletano.

The tag line is "Seriously. Say something."

I would laugh, but...

Mike Grouchy
edit on 23-5-2013 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

top topics

join