It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Independent Scotland?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The reason i posted in here is because i wanted other people to give some opinions on an Independent Scotland and it's potential to be free from a NWO.

Many of you are smart enough to know where Scotland is on a map so straight into my question. The Scottish national party (SNP) has brought around a referendum for 2014 so Scottish people can vote on independence from the U.K, they claim that Scotland will have a smaller debt proportion to that of the rest of the U.K but freely admit that to fund their grand plans they would have to borrow some cash. It would appear to me then that to offset the borrowing, including various renewable energy resources, fresh water, green initiatives, whiskey, coal, natural gas, oil, gold, the list is endless really, they would have to ramp up production to pay-off the loans or attract a greater list of corporations willing to invest.
Scotland being an independent nation could potentially mean it reverting back to a gold standard, maybe starting it's own currency or even commencing trade of oil in euros. All of these are good but from the opposite side you can see inherent risks. Gold and oil could crash in price leaving a major piece of the economy missing, some of the business they were trying to attract may never appear leaving Scotland with huge debts. Even worse would be an influx of multinationals who strip Scotland of her resources and decide not to bother paying their taxes.
A majority of the political parties are of the view that the union of the U.K should stay and to leave would an economic catastrophe for Scotland, the Chancellor of England (Britain) has also stated they might not even be able to trade in Sterling if independence is won.
Scotland would also need to set-up a military force, intelligence agencies, a new tax/benefit system, an NHS, improved infra-structure, a broadband exchange, high speed rail-links etc..

My question then to ATS is "Given the potential to be independent and maybe prosperous, could Scotland really make it without the shadow of the NWO?"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

Yes, and again, Yes! England is going down the road to poverty due to it's immigration and welfare policies. It still has it's finger in everybody's pie and will eventually collapse. An independent Scotland would ensure it's own stability and be able to determine it's own destiny. Oil and gold will always be good so no fears to have there. Vote yes on independence.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Repeat post, the one above is the right one.

edit on 22-5-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That's the direction i was leaning. Still 60/40 though.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Scotland might proposer more, might not. I see it Scotland have oil resources and always the natural resources (food, water, shelter etc) that prosperous nations have always had and what made us independent.

Nice post and glad its in NWO. I dont see the point in the question though. A NWO would encompass Scotland just as easily as the UK. A vote for the current agenda is a possibility of a little more money. Its almost a selfish vote.The west is all in bed together, whats difference between A Scotland, UK, EU NWO?

Why are Scotland allowed the vote: They used to be a nation. Scotland was split back then into clans, why cant clans get the vote, why cant regions, I mean west coast Scotland v east coast, I reckon east coast would prosper. So what, they become the rich fat ones. Better when we are the ones fighting.

For me and I guess others they probably cant even believe there needs to be a vote, I mean, Scotland hates England right? They wouldnt even need to vote.

I dont think Scotland, Salmond or anyone take the vote as seriously as it should be.
I look forward to many a discussion on this subject hopefully the agenda gets more interesting
))))))))))

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Salmond the twat has already been to America and suggested in the event of independence he would be happy for America to establish a lot more military bases here in Scotland so we would effectively be occupied by the Empire. To me that is not the road to independence, becoming the satrap of a foreign power. Maybe if we nationalised the oil fields, which will never happen but that might work. But it wont.
edit on 24-5-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006
My question then to ATS is "Given the potential to be independent and maybe prosperous, could Scotland really make it without the shadow of the NWO?"

Maybe Scotland is the NWO...?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Could it?

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

OP based on your opening post I am going to assume you are not Scottish if i am wrong i appoligise however that are quite a few errors in you OP.

For example Scotland already has “devolved powers” from Westminster that grant the Scottish parliament significant control of domestic issues in Scotland. These include our own NHS, police, law, tax systems and transportation (kind of). Also a Independent Scotland would try to remain part of the European Union, NATO and have a seat at the UN it has also been said that a independent Scotland would keep the sterling as our currency.

I don’t want to get into a yes or no to independence debate but reading your OP i don’t really think you have been keeping very up-to-date with Scottish domestic politics.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I do live in Scotland so basically follow the news here. Everything i mentioned in the OP is true to the extent of the reporting. I understand the devolved powers and i know what has been said already which is why i asked the question the way i did.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EA006

I do live in Scotland so basically follow the news here. Everything i mentioned in the OP is true to the extent of the reporting. I understand the devolved powers and i know what has been said already which is why i asked the question the way i did.

well you are wrong and misinformed on several key issues for instance you said we would need to create our own NHS but we already have that.

then you said about using the Gold standard, nobody uses that really anymore and Alex Salmond has already said we would just keep Sterling.

sorry but there are quite allot of factual errors in your OP
edit on 25-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The NHS for Scotland would need set-up (Not Created) and paid for it's not a straight transition. It's not Alex Salmond' decision to make on keeping sterling, and the NWO have crushed the most recent nation to consider a gold standard (Libya), which BTW would put Scotland in a excellent financial position so it's not as outdated as you think.
It has been estimated it would cost Scotland £400m to set-up a new tax/benefit system.
And as for quite a lot of factual errors........maybe you should look some of these things up.
edit on 25-5-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

We already have NHS Scotland, I know, I work for them.

The only thing that would change would be where the funding comes from but the actual organisation would change very little as a result of independence.

Yes the Gold Standard is outdated, it works but what’s the point it in if Scotland doesn’t have any actual Gold that they can use to back the money. Alex Salmon has already said he will keep the pound if Scotland becomes independent and it had nothing to do with the NWO

Several of your points are factually incorrect that’s all I am saying.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Scotland has recently started to explore more gold reserves so we may get some that way, or just buy it with oil money. China is buying oil with gold so it stands to reason we could broker a similar deal. I also don't remember ever hearing this: Alex Salmon has already said he will keep the pound if Scotland becomes independent and it had nothing to do with the NWO ???

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by EA006

If you look very closely at a map of Scotland you will notice that our there is a little sharp upwards tick towards the North Sea. As a result a lot of what you might think would be “our oil” is actually English Oil and a lot of the companies that are drilling are not Scottish companies but British registered in England (as is RBS) as such they pay tax to Westminster not Scotland.

When the SNP tell you that a independent Scotland is economically viable because we have oil they are talking rubbish, a lot of North Sea oil revenue would go straight to England and there is only so much oil to drill, it will be gone in 100 years or so and then how do we survive economically.

China is not buying up gold to start up a Gold Standard currency they are doing it because at time so of economic volatility in the commodities markets Gold is a strong commodity that has a stable value and should an economy collapse it can then be used. Whenever the US$ is struggling gold sales go crazy.

And yes Alex Salmon has said he would keep the pound

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

I don't agree with you on the oil, it lies in Scottish territorial waters which is why the SNP say it's "ours". The profits you speak of would not all go to England given that oil and gas contributed £24 Billion to the Scottish economy last year.
There are an estimated 25 Billion barrels of oil in the north sea, i believe it's 60% of the EU's total reserves so even at the current oil price that's £2.5 Trillion. No strong economy?. As for the Chinese converting to a gold standard that wasn't mentioned. And.. if you actually read Alex Salmonds recently released economic agenda for Scotland although oil and gas play a major role just now the oil would be used as a prop until we build up the other industries.
I'll also repeat, it's not Alex Salmonds decision to keep the pound, Scottish £££'s are only legal tender because the BOE has agreed to back it.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If Scotland achieved independence then what would it's political system be? Obviously Conservative, Labour and Lib Dems would no longer be involved in Scottish politics. So that would leave Salmond to more or lease become a dictator. There is only just over a year for new political parties to establish themselves and then run against him.
edit on 25-5-2013 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I think what resources are left to Scotland is interesting, also the emittance to the different establishments such as EU, UN etc.

I still think Scotland would be in a fantastic position nationally and internationally. Not just on economics and resources but the clean slate they have to approach things.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The only way Scotland could make it work is if they created their own currency, then started hyper inflation to pay off its debts. However this is not going to happen, Scotland has chosen to join the EU. It will be forced to use the Euro and it will become the new Greece.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I love the Scottish culture but... I hope the good people of Scotland and the UK, see better things to do than to divide that which serves them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join