It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stockholm burns as rioters battle police after three days of violence in immigrant 'ghetto' Read

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jimmyx

...and if that nation isn't fit to handle so many of their number? Move on to one that IS better suited to the influx of people for services to support them.

Ugh, what a lack of insight.

You think there is much "free choice" behind how immigrants or refugees end up where they end up? I can assure you that those who come here by their own free will, as a part of some future planning or career or whatever, will not set cars, houses and schools on fire .
I advice you, with all sincere friendliness, to read a book called "Illegal Traveller" by Khosravi. It might just provide you with enough information not to post what I quoted above in the future.

As for the suburbs themselves- most European nations brought this on themselves;
after WWII nations sought to rebuild their industries and economies. What was needed was labour and loads of it, more than the nations themselves could muster.
So, they built these projects where the "guest" workers could live and do their thing (multi culturalism) and when the work was "done", they where expected to go home as if it was part of some unwritten deal.
Of course, they did not. Instead, they invited relatives and friends to come join them in their new lives. At least to me, that is a very natural move; I'm sure I would have done the same.
Well, time goes by and the age of industry is over (outsourced to China for example). The immigrants are stuck in their suburbs since only the profiteers for their labour (the white upper-middle class) are allowed to the city centres. Tough luck.
Also, letting the guest workers go about their daily cultural business made them even more isloated.

Just like many other social problems, it was screwed up to begin with.

reply to post by Cabin

Let me clarify:

Man takes person hostage in suburb. Man is armed.
Police arrive, together with ambulance as a precaution.
Man attacks police- police shoots the man dead.
Paramedics see the man is wacked and leave the scene without him.
Several hours later, the coroner arrives and takes the body away.

Now, what goes wrong here is that the police informs the public that the man is declared dead in the hospital a good 3 hours before the coroner takes the body away.
Bystanders, who keep and eye on the media outlet and who has seen the paramedics leave the scene without any wounded person, can't make the connection (understandable) and assumes that the man was allowed to die before the police after being shot (not understandable imo). Of course, the police (and the media responsible for printing the miscommunication) comes forward and explaines the situation but it is too late. Now, they are just "lying about it" for whatever reason is good enough for a riot...
All that is supposed to be the spark that set the suburb on fire. Pretty lame, huh? People are just looking for a reason. I even heard this young lady (she was from some local organization) say on the radio that she was upset with the police "killing one of our neighbours", totally neglecting that the man was an armed and dangerous psycho who had taken someone hostage!

People. Are. So. God. Damn. Lame!
edit on 22-5-2013 by Raud because: clarify

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Don't be obtuse. And please, the "race card" is old and overused. I'm using Detroit as an example, and you know that very well despite you trying to make it sound otherwise.

Islam has to go. Period. We've been tip-toeing around Islam in fear of hurting someone's feelings. But the crap they pull Europe wide (entire areas now Islamic controlled in Britain, France, Norway and Sweden) are just some examples of what we can expect with a continued influx of Islam. Either we put our foot down and say, "if you want to immigrate YOU adhere to OUR laws" and not vice versa. Immigration laws Europe wide are far too lax.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Yes, the race card is old and overused by zealous nationalists/racists.
Why is it I come across that very same statement as yours every freaking time this debate erupts? Stop following the path of least resistance, mate, and stop "following" all together. From the looks of it, you've chosen corrupt leaders too. The truth is much greater and complex than you would think.

What about the riots in Gothenburg during the EU conference 2001? Or the "Reclaim the Streets" riots in Stockholm, Malmö (and abroad)?
Looked very much like the suburban violence of today, had nothing to do with Islam what so ever.

You fail the easiest part of this-
people are doing these things, not muslims.

I do not condone of the destruction. In fact, I'd like to see the cops deal with it in a more, ehm, "straight forward" manner. Most of the perpetrators are just kids. All you need to do is grab some of them, preassure them in interrogation until they break (soon enough) and they'll never go at it again (as examples have shown in Swedish media during the last few days). Last night, two officers got wounded from stones being thrown at them. They could easily have died. I think the parents of these kids need to keep them in check- hell, even report them straight off! The crowds out there are seldom more than 20-30 so it's not impossible to handle either.

There are ways around these problems even though they are lengthy, complicated and riddled with setbacks, but it is hard to navigate out of this mess we've laid the groundwork for in the first place. When you look at the historical context, you will see how obvious it was for it to end up this way. The connection to islam is, at best, extremely vague.

Integration is the key, not failed (and forced) assimilation. Only a fool would propose the latter.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
My thoughts on what sparked the riots:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So what's the story now-are they still rioting because they were protected by the Swedish police from an old man(from within their Own community) wielding a machete+carrying on like a psycho? Or is it because of unemployment?

If they've changed their tune to the unemployment being the reason for rioting,burning cars,violence-i have one question:
Imagine all the unemployed of the world decided: "Bugger This-now i'm gonna burn sheet down+blow sheet up,and carry on like a a barbarian-because i cannot find employment,poor me!"

It's hard enough to find employment in one's own country.Yet these immigrant youths are accepted into a 1st world country(who really have only themselves to blame for letting in teeming hordes of people who have NO skills) and what do these unskilled people expect? Did they expect to find work in the week of arriving?Did they expect to be CEO's of large companies within 6 months?What?

If everyone who had a gripe about being unemployed had to start rioting-there very soon would not be a stone left standing in this world,much less businesses,places of employment,even for low waged,unskilled workers.

Then people like these youths can sit amongst the ashes+ruins of a world burned down-wondering who to blame next for their woes.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Update:

Most of the arrested have a crimial record already. No big surprise there.
Thus- the rioting kids aren't all "just" unemployed youth. They've been at this kind of behavior for some time.

Right-wing extremists have been reported acting as vigilantes, "patrolling" the streets. Yey, that's exactly what we need now, and with "exactly" I mean "not". More hate in the streets....mmm, toxic mixture.

The riots have now erupted outside Stockholm, in other cities.

Interesting though that the similar situation in Malmö has been going on for years but with no media or political coverage. When it reaches the capital it suddenly becomes top news.
Thank you right-wing, liberal government for your selective hearing/seeing.

About the police shooting that kind of sparked the whole thing; it is hardly mentioned now. The riots have become a machinery of itself.
More "regular" people are out in the streets now though, demanding order and security. I think this will come to an end soon enough. Not the emergency services alone can sort this one out, it will take community action.

I'd also like to add that his has nothing to do with unemployed immigrants but with unemployed youth overall. Of course, the most marginalized groups of society are the ones that suffer the most, a very simple equation.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican

Given Sweden's 24.7% youth unemployment, I wonder just what will happen to the 60% of unemployed youths in Greece and Spain when school lets out this summer? I think we will see a lot more of this happening throughout the region.

Not sure if this is where this should go Mods feel free to relocate it if need be.

www.dailym ail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

Over here the Spanish are just too lethargic to riot about lack off work..
All the problems started over here about 4 years ago when the property bubble burst.
That was due to corruption within the government starting with Jose Maria Aznar, who was then president, and spreading throughout the country to the lowest levels of local government.
Only now is the extent of the corruption being fully understood.
Whats worse, the bank of Spain was fully aware that the bubble was about to burst yet did nothing to prevent it..
The government allowed building firms to build 1,5 million houses they could'nt sell and still cant.
And last year they built yet another 120,000 that nobody wants to buy.....

edit on 25-5-2013 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Third world immigrants rioting in first world countries.

Is anyone surprised?

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Not as non-surprising as people making sweeping generalizations about things the have no idea about...

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Most if not all of them come from third world countries and are behaving much like one would expect from people hailing from these areas of the world.

If they wish to become part of a civilised society the onus is upon them to behave appropriately.

Or else wear the cap.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Surprising level of ignorance from a person who quotes Cat Stevens, aka Yusuf Islam, in the profile signature

Well yes of course, white westerners would never behave in any sort of violent/uncivilized manner...

...or wait a minute

I guess I was wrong. And with "I", I mean you.

edit on 26-5-2013 by Raud because: link error

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Raud

Surprising level of ignorance from a person who quotes Cat Stevens, aka Yusuf Islam, in the profile signature

What's that got to do with the price of fish?

Explain the relevance of that, you've lost me.

As to the rest of your post...

You pick some random footage of white people kicking off: well done.

If you can't see how utterly disrespectful, and concerning, it is to emigrate en masse to another country and start rioting, then there's nothing more to be said.

And my posts still stand.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

I'm sorry but I need to say it:

'Muslim Immigrants'???

Again??

Surely not.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It figures I have to draw it up for you:

Originally posted by CJCrawley
reply to post by Raud

Most if not all of them come from third world countries and are behaving much like one would expect from people hailing from these areas of the world.

You know this how? You where there? Did a complete survey with interviews n'all?
And also, please do explain how "people" behave when they hail from "these" areas and what "areas" you are referring to. I take it you've been to them all and know all about them and their populations in order to justify such a generalization?

This is why I posted the vids:

If they wish to become part of a civilised society the onus is upon them to behave appropriately.

What "civilised society"? What "appropriate behavior"?
People riot. White westeners no more or less than any other. Same goes with arabs, asians, africans or whathaveyou. People get angry and frustrated and sometimes lose it. Doesn't make it right but it sure as hell has nothing to do with their ethnical origin.
You make it sound like people from "third world countries" are more prone to rioting than "civilized" people (I take it you mean white westeners, am I right?). Such a statement just reeks with ill-informed, racist bias. Sorry but it does.
The vids where meant to illustrate that all people act like complete twats given the right circumstances. Westeners (preferrably white, young men) even do so in relation to sporting events which to me is pretty low (I live real close to the national stadium so I get plenty of that stupidity right here in my own turf), even lower (and less "civilized") than what was going on in the suburbs.

Cat Stevens is proclaiming peace, love and tolerance. Maybe you should listen to some of his stuff sometime.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

When you say muslims, I think you mean swamp gas

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join