It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inconsistent Media Coverage of Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I have noticed that in the past 4 or so months that the media has stopped covering the constant car bombings, terrorist attacks, etc in Iraq. This would seem understandable if our media was really unbiased, but it's not. The media rabidly hates Bush. Coverage of the constant terror in Iraq would be damaging to Bush, so why isn't the media covering it?

This seems inconsistent with thier biases.

Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NothingMakesSense
I have noticed that in the past 4 or so months that the media has stopped covering the constant car bombings, terrorist attacks, etc in Iraq. This would seem understandable if our media was really unbiased, but it's not. The media rabidly hates Bush. Coverage of the constant terror in Iraq would be damaging to Bush, so why isn't the media covering it?

This seems inconsistent with thier biases.

Any ideas?

Maybe the frequency has diminished? But in reality I think they have finally realized that the publicity only encourages more attacks and therefore make the press somewhat accomplices to terror.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
It's because it's accepted now. People know there are bombings in Iraq every day. It's just not news any more.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

Maybe the frequency has diminished? But in reality I think they have finally realized that the publicity only encourages more attacks and therefore make the press somewhat accomplices to terror.

The frequency has not diminished. If you go to an Iraqi news site there is something about car bombings and violence every day. As to the second part, why would publicity on American TV encourage more attacks in Iraq?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
You mean to prove that the war has thrown Iraq into utter anarchism ? Lest we intice the American public to realize how dastardly thier "war to bring freedom, liberty and deMOCKracy" to those innocent Iraqies has actualy become.

Did the American media ever state the the U.S and Isreal is the worlds leading lauder of human rights yet breaks the most in the world? Did the American public ever realize that the Clinton Administration broke the following act in the U.D (Universal Declaration of Human Rights) when it sen back all those Haiten refugees running from prosectuion under rebel leaders?

Article 14
Everyone has the right to seek and to enjoy in other countries asylum from persecution.
This right may not be invoked in the case of prosecutions genuinely arising from non-political crimes or from acts contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations.

www.unhchr.ch...

The American Media just spews whatever ejaculation the Goverment can heat up.

Deep

[edit on 5-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Straight out of Rumsfeilds mouth..

Tell me something ed, how "EXACTLY" does it encourgae and intice more violence in Iraq if American media orginizations show the "TRUE" face of the this "War for Freedom, Liberty, and DeMOCKracy" ?

Deep

[edit on 5-11-2004 by ZeroDeep]

top topics

join