It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
We should remeber that we have been cutting the police numbers over the last year. Many who grumble aboutg response times must remember that they probably supported the cuts in the Public Sector which includes the Police force.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
I'm really disappointed.

Tonight I suspended my Facebook account and cut ties with a lot of people. There is a hell of a lot of far-right sentiment growing here right now, and seeing people I thought I knew well almost becoming extremists is too much for me.

I have never been so scared, I am actually scared of my own country and my fellow Brits. People I have known all my life, friends and family members, have totally lost all rational thought and are preaching the kind of rubbish I would expect from the EDL and BNP.

I have thought about moving before, but right now I want out of this country. Not because of religious extremists, but because of the far-right sentiment I'm seeing growing right before my eyes.

Right now, I hate this f'ing country.

I actually know a couple of (young) people like you.

They are the first ones to stand up and say - i don't agree with that religious extremist at all but i will fight for his right to say it.

The next day i get a message on FB from that same individual - did you see so and so being racist on here? i'm telling ya, she is a neo nazi beeech

*insert grumpy cat meme *

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Naah mate you musty hang in there and act with a cool . and act sensibly. I am Freaking furious that a black britsh person could hav done this when things are so much better than the bad old days of what some called english apartheid.

The perps have been shot and two others have been arrested.

Man up mate, man up and fight the tide of BS.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered

You are totally unappreciative. Just because your " friends" and your opinions clash.

Doesnt make the whole country rubbish.

Gosh people are so fixed in their little " opinions" . They fail to see any good and just take it out on others.

So one form of extremist opinion is okay with you, but another isn't?

In my opinion there is no difference between a Muslim extremist preaching hatred in a mosque and a British far-right extremist calling all Muslims terrorists and suggesting locking them all up in camps or evicting them from this country.

Why do you think that one opinion is okay, but another isn't? I'm assuming you would agree that preachers of Muslim propaganda against this country, inciting hatred and violence against British people should not be tolerated, but you seem to think it's okay when reversed?

I'm more than happy to have different opinions to others. I'm an atheist, and I have religious friends. I disagree with lots of people. But there has to be a line.

Would you accept a racist, just because it's their opinion? How about someone who believes in child marriage in Pakistan? How about someone who believes in torture, or the fur trade, or anything else?

There comes a time when you cannot just ignore something that someone believes in. I cannot remain friends with a racist, or a homophobe, or someone joining a group that I FEEL is an extremist organization.

You might think that's unfair, I see that as just choosing your friends more wisely. People who believe in this kind of far-right BS are not the kinds of people I want in my life.
edit on 23-5-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exitt

I'm really disappointed.

Tonight I suspended my Facebook account and cut ties with a lot of people. There is a hell of a lot of far-right sentiment growing here right now, and seeing people I thought I knew well almost becoming extremists is too much for me.

I have never been so scared, I am actually scared of my own country and my fellow Brits. People I have known all my life, friends and family members, have totally lost all rational thought and are preaching the kind of rubbish I would expect from the EDL and BNP.

I have thought about moving before, but right now I want out of this country. Not because of religious extremists, but because of the far-right sentiment I'm seeing growing right before my eyes.

Right now, I hate this f'ing country.

I actually know a couple of (young) people like you.

They are the first ones to stand up and say - i don't agree with that religious extremist at all but i will fight for his right to say it.

The next day i get a message on FB from that same individual - did you see so and so being racist on here? i'm telling ya, she is a neo nazi beeech

*insert grumpy cat meme *

Yeah, you have the right to be racist, and I have the right to decide that this makes you a person I don't want to know.

You seem to think that I shouldn't have the right to break friendships with people I don't agree with politically? Well, guess what, if someone says something I find really offensive, I have the right to stop accepting their calls and deleting them from my life.

I choose the people I want in my life by the values they hold. If their values are something I find offensive or dangerous, I don't have to have them in my life.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You seem to think that I shouldn't have the right to break friendships with people I don't agree with politically? Well, guess what, if someone says something I find really offensive, I have the right to stop accepting their calls and deleting them from my life.

What? No, you have every right to do so.

I just said you remind me of a couple of people i know. I often troll their FB with offensive stuff
just to stress them out and laugh. Don't judge.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee32
How do you honestly think that bombing a country for decades can help the ordinary folks? When we bomb them they don't only have the evil people in thier country to deal with they also have US to deal with too! How is that helping the situation? How can bombing them into the stone age help them out of the stone age?

There was a vid with a news reporter that asked some US politician about the deaths in afghanistan or iraq, sorry can't remember, there were reports of 500,000 children DEAD! The politician said that it was an acceptable price to pay! Can you believe that? Do you agree with that? Do you think those children would agree too? Would their family members agree?

Do you really think wars are fought like WW1 & WW2 where indiscriminate bombing of cities was used, NO war can be perfect were only the bad guys get killed, the armed forces go out of their way now to lessen the impact of civilian casualties as for the 500,000 dead children do you think that's accurate or is that from anti war tree huggers do you honestly think that figure is accurate and they all died because our armed forces killed them

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a family member of mine has been arrested this evening for his 'racist' comments on a certain social network, really drunken rants no worse than many, many others i have seen. unpleasant opinions to some no doubt, but nonetheless his own. he should be entitled to air them. i am furious. i can't find out where he is. there's your freedom of speech. it is a hollow phrase and subject to the interpretation of those in power.

eta - speaking of 'those in power' - i find 99.9% of everything i hear Cameron, Clegg and co. say to be objectionable in the extreme, and hugely offensive. can i have them arrested? i think not.
edit on 23/5/13 by RoScoLaz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by RoScoLaz

He who posts while drunk can repent at leisure.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

How did he know whether or not the guy he killed has killed a muslim?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Not condoning what they did in any way but want to comment on the reaction of the general public. The word "shocked" being bandied about a lot in regard to seeing blood on the streets, and rightly so, this is a shocking and wrong thing to happen especially on the suburban streets of Britain.

Now, if we could just get the ordinary Western civilian to realize that this is happening everyday on the suburban streets of Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Libya and every other country where our militaries or those backed by our militaries are "keeping the peace" in accord with some Western agenda that suits us, i.e. people being cut to shreds by drones, IEDs, car bombs, etc. maybe we can feel some shock for them too rather than put it in the "out of sight, out of mind" file.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I hear you. I am the same. This country is a cess pit, all my life I've witnessed in various guises and perspectives, all sorts of ignorance and hatred. Some have grown out of it, but many have not and I despair because of it. Its hard to find genuine people who hold the same tolerant views in private as they do in public, once they are behind closed doors their true colours show. And when it becomes acceptable for them to show ignorance and hatred in public they will follow the crowd.

Expecting people to be perfect though is a mistake, because none of us are and never will be. Anger can cause all sorts of bad feelings to rise to the surface, we all have them, and express them in ways we probably regret. Those who do not regret it are the ones to definitely stay clear of.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

or wave incendiary and hate-filled placards in the street, bearing slogans threatening death to those who don't follow your religion, safe in the knowledge that you won't be subject to quite the same, if any, level of suppression, as an englishman with grievances, genuine grievances, even if ill-enunciated through a combination of booze and high emotions, the same emotions being stirred up by the media en masse.

ps. the 'you' and 'yours' in the above comment isn't aimed at you Ivan, just a general term.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave_welch
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

How did he know whether or not the guy he killed has killed a muslim?

The demons know, they can tell past, present, and future events.

Anyone possessed by a demon will know too.

This is clearly a case of demon possession.

An Afghan demon followed that soldier back from his tour in Afghanistan, then found suitable host to possess and used those African guys as weapons.

edit on 23-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Why do you think that one opinion is okay, but another isn't? I'm assuming you would agree that preachers of Muslim propaganda against this country, inciting hatred and violence against British people should not be tolerated, but you seem to think it's okay when reversed?

Just like this Nigerian mongoloid stated in his rant, "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth". Muslims in Britain deserve all of the hate they get from the native Brits, because the truth is they bring it on themselves. Have you ever heard the saying, "Treat others how you'd like to be treated yourself"? Negative behaviour, negative motivations, negative actions all result in negative reactions.

As an Englishman with a British and Irish heritage, split Catholic and Protestant ancestory. When I hear about these sort of Muslims spouting off, it makes you think. Why are they here? If they don't like it here they know where the door is. They hang around sponging from the government, living a life of luxury in comparison to the peoples in "their lands". I personally believe that a large majority of Muslims are against the British way of life. My town has a fair sized Muslim community and it's growing rapidly. They are not friendly towards the natives, no matter whay anyone says. It is not racist to point this out. It's clear they don't agree with the western ideals, whether they're a "peaceful" Muslim is irrelevant. They live in a country which just does not fit with their religion and belief system.

The fact of the matter is, these people take too much for granted in life. They don't understand the fundamentals. It would be laughable if it wasn't so dangerous.
edit on 23/5/2013 by McCool because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

You aren't serious, are you? You realize that demons, as far as demon lore goes, are other worldly entities and not human souls, right?

Not that I believe in demons, but if you're going to blame mythical beings, you should at least know something about them.

If you were just being sarcastic, I apologize, sarcasm is hard to detect online.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I'm really disappointed.

Right now, I hate this****country.

above quote editing by me to remove cursing

Well you could join Nancy Pelosi over here in the States. Maybe the folks in DC will protect you.

edit on 23-5-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by McCool

Thank you for your post, have made some strong statements, fuelled by your obvious anger, prejudices and hatred but I am not here to criticise you, I merely want to correct your bigoted views.

I am a Muslim and I am proud to say I represent the majority modern peaceful Muslims who practice a spiritual belief with the sincere aim of bettering their own lives and being of good service to others, this is how I was brought up and this is what I have learn't from Islam.

I was born in the UK so I don't have a country to go back to as you pointed out, this is my home and I will honour and defend it. I abide by the rules, I have paid my taxes and worked all of my life, very hard, as have my parents but I was brought up to be open minded and accepting of other peoples views, agnostic for a very long time I only became a practising Muslim some years ago.

The statements you have spouted are utter rubbish but I can see how they apply to some of the scumbag's who have entered the UK, polluted the religion of Islam, put a burden on the social and economic system and done very little to contribute to the greater good of the country.

I have no remorse for the two murders and I will not accept they were Muslims, merely thugs using religion to perpetrate their sick ideology of hatred but equally I will not apologise for them or have to explain myself each and every time, why should I? If that were the case I should ask every English person who assaulted, abused and humiliated black and Asian people (when it was the norm in the UK) to apologise.

You are very wrong in your opinions my friend, as many modern British Muslims are doing a lot of work to bridge the gaps, to help the communities of all walks and faiths and are actively contributing to the economy however we do not get the air time that we deserve.

People like you who are dead set in their opinion will not take the time to see what is the truth because you have based your opinion from the Media and repeating what others have said, without actually talking to the real Muslims, the ones who uphold a decent moral character because that is the fundamental tenant of our faith.

To be of a sound moral character, to help others, to be of benefit to oneself and to those around you, to be sincere, honest, open and accepting of others.

The real Muslims are not a single race, we are white, brown, black, Asian, European, American, English and above all, Human.

I hurt just like everyone else and I was pained to learn about the death of that soldier, he was someone's son, a brother, a father a companion to someone and now he is gone and we are all guilty...we have a saying in Islam:

“If anyone kills a person, it would be as if he killed all of the people: and if any one saved a life, it would be be as if he saved the life of all of the people.” - Qur'an

Look at he history of Ireland if you want examples...I was around when they were terrorising the UK, I nearly lost someone close to me in the horrific bombing in London so I feel as strongly as anyone about this country and I will defend it if I have to, even if that means taking the life of another so called Muslim (to save many more lives) I will do it if I can because if I don't honour the laws of the land I am in I have broken my covenant with God as a Muslim.

Anger is an easy emotion to throw around but it eventually leads to hate and hate clouds the judgement of any person leaving the soul empty and bitter.

Peace be upon you.

edit on 23-5-2013 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Is this incident supposed to be religiously based because some guy, no one knows, screams "Allah"?
And we're supposed to care be-caaaaaaaaauuuuussssee??? What would happen if this wasn't being broadcast on youtube and network news?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god
I am a Muslim and I am proud to say I represent the majority modern peaceful Muslims who practice a spiritual belief with the sincere aim of bettering their own lives and being of good service to others, this is how I was brought up and this is what I have learn't from Islam.

The problem here is that Islam does not fit in with the modern western world. A modern Muslim? What is that exactly? A modern Muslim appears to be a radicalised extremist at the moment. Using the word peaceful is just a way of saying, "Although my views are bigoted, and I don't agree with the laws of the land I live in, I'll just keep quite about it". Maybe you're a progressive Muslim, but that's definately a minority.

I was born in the UK so I don't have a country to go back to as you pointed out, this is my home and I will honour and defend it. I only became a practising Muslim some years ago.

That is fair enough, but we all know about the constant influx of immigrants into this country. I was referring to these foreigners who move here, raise families here, but never embrace the culture or the people. They live here as outsiders, they don't integrate, and they act like the natives are the ones with the problem. We would all be better off if these people never came in the first place.

People like you who are dead set in their opinion will not take the time to see what is the truth because you have based your opinion from the Media and repeating what others have said, without actually talking to the real Muslims, the ones who uphold a decent moral character because that is the fundamental tenant of our faith.

If what you say is true, then why wouldn't these so called "real" Muslims do more to combat and weed out the false ones? Islam is a religion from the east, and the majority in the east all fully support acts like the one which took place two days ago. In places like Iran they'll see this as a righteous act of courage.

new topics

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join