It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Not being 'Racist' but we need to kick them out before its to late!

Kick who out!?
Black people? Muslim people? Only black Muslim people, or only immigrant Muslim people?
What about people who came here from Iraq but abandoned their faith?
What about people born and raised in the UK who became Muslim?

WHO SHOULD BE "KICKED OUT"?

Yes, we will get those 'Mullahs' coming on TV or whatever saying 'This no way represents the Peaceful Muslims' etc etc... but do they go out into the Towns telling these Extremists to get out??

Yes actually, they do!
We have our own organization in my town where integration is encouraged and there is an ongoing discussion between leaders of the Muslim community and the local police and government. They actually talk and discuss issues and have reporting mechanisms between them.

But you've just assumed that they do nothing about the people who are threatening them as well as us

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
www.liveleak.com...

site may have graphic details/images

Cheers for the Link!

I see the guys who did it were laying on the ground at the end being arrested!

You see whats happening now?

These Funkin Idiots!

Not being 'Racist' but we need to kick them out before its to late!

Yes, we will get those 'Mullahs' coming on TV or whatever saying 'This no way represents the Peaceful Muslims' etc etc... but do they go out into the Towns telling these Extremists to get out??

Yeah this is horrid and RIP to the victim.
The 2 that did it, I wish nothing but pain and suffering for them.

Disgusting pigs

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

There are reports of them being Somalian, which has a large Muslim population and most of the Somalian immigrants to the UK are Muslim. Also reports of them being Afghans.

There are Somalians groups rioting in suburban Sweden.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Connections shouldn't be ruled out, the Tsarnaev bombers acted just as a gang of Terrorist conspirators in London were being convicted. This is organised crime, international terrorism, connected to the same networks.

Oh dear!

I remember saying a few years back on ATS that if we dont kick these Extremists out... the streets will start resembling some place in the ME AND IT seems to be getting like it as we speak.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Seeing as the UK and the USA are officially Christian, I am sure the bible could come up with some radical extremism that could become law that would scare the bejeesus out of any potential terrorist, forcing them to 'relocate' to lands of their own religion. We could even provide the free shipping.

They have to be stopped NOW.
edit on 22-5-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

I've had enough from you Apologists.... always sticking up for the Muslims whether they are Radical or not.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm not quite sure why a sub-thread within this thread has devolved into a UK vs USA / gun vs anti-gun theme or why anyone would think Americans would be gleeful about this.

Contrary to what the media might have you believe, most Americans are not carrying guns at any given time, just as I seriously doubt that many people in the UK are carrying machetes at any given time. And of the Americans who are carrying guns, the vast majority are not shooting anyone and would never shoot anyone except under the most extreme circumstances of defending themselves or others.

I'm also fairly sure that there aren't too many machete-toting people in the UK running over people in t-shirts they don't like and then chopping them up.

For the record, I'm an American. And I'm not jeering, I'm horrified. I think most Americans who hear this news are equally horrified. Condolences to anyone affected.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

And I have had enough of racist bigots who know not of what they speak. But yet they speak loudest.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

There are reports of them being Somalian, which has a large Muslim population and most of the Somalian immigrants to the UK are Muslim. Also reports of them being Afghans.

There are Somalians groups rioting in suburban Sweden.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Connections shouldn't be ruled out, the Tsarnaev bombers acted just as a gang of Terrorist conspirators in London were being convicted. This is organised crime, international terrorism, connected to the same networks.

Um.... there's a big difference between a Somalian and an Afghan, like MAJOR differences in appearance.
Reminiscent of The Murders in the Rue Morgue by Poe where the witnesses hear German, Spanish, French etc and the murderer turns out to be an Orangutang.
(To be fair witnesses are probably in shock, but you'd still hope they'd at least be able to narrow down the perpetrators place of origin to a single continent!)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

One can't simply reply - without understanding the context and you sure did not get it

Let me draw some details 4 you. There is another ats'er who said - maybe the victim's shirt was offensive to the attackers which prompted my reply that i find some clothing items offensive too, but that is no reason to kill people with machetes.

I never said anything about the attackers being muslims - however media is right now reporting they might be - which makes me believe, you wrote before thinking things through.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxSteiner

Obviously there are differences in such appearances. I just provided the details of the accounts. Some people just said black, so probably Somalian, but rumours of Afghans were reported. Possibly due to their chants.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Seeing as the UK and the USA are officially Christian, I am sure the bible could come up with some radical extremism that could become law that would scare the bejeesus out of any potential terrorist, forcing them to 'relocate' to lands of their own religion. We could even provide the free shipping.

Nobody wants radical extremism. Hardcore christianity is no more welcome than hardcore islam, and the UK has experience of terrorists of both kind. The two groups, and I include yours, can # off.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Its a wonder this doesn't happen more often, assuming this is a "terrorist" attack as the media are shoving down our throats, like the entire world has just come to and end.

With the amount of chaos and discord the western nations have spread around the world on behalf of corporate interests, it either shows extreme apathy, restraint, or competent anti-"terror" intelligence work, that this kind of thing is not more common place.

We are lucky we live in a nation where this kind of thing is currently rare. Others are not so lucky, its because of the likes of the "victim" of this attack that they live in constant fear of all manner of violent attacks on innocent people, just so the rich can get richer. People will lose family and friends, property and more, and will want justice/revenge.

As for these men being called cowardly, that I completely disagree with. It must have taken a lot of courage for them to do what they did, they didn't run after the attack they stayed to fight the police, knowing they would likely die. People need to learn the meaning of words before they start throwing them around in order to spin the news a certain way. And most importantly, they targeted a soldier, not random innocent people.

I am not in any way condoning the attack on him. Its tragic either way that people need to resort to these violent acts, be it for money or revenge, but with human nature being what it is, its inevitable.

In short, nobody innocent died, so I will shed no tears. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Rocker

The world has been mimicking the 30's since the crash of 2008 and possibly before.

You are right to highlight the similarities of now and then (the catalyst) to WW2 - the rise of nationalism et al which is the only result of the polarisation of wealth and power which our society has blindly followed, without question.

The folly of celebrity popular culture, the need for more and more materialistically, the desensitisation to famine and hunger and the quite disgusting differences in the haves and have nots......... It is NOT. Surprising that extremists take the fight to the 'enemy' so to speak with obvious atrocities like the one unfolding today.......

But what is the answer to this all.......? When global corps like Apple shovel $30,000,000,000 through 'holding' companies in Ireland and pay NO tax or when So called sports stars and celebs throw money around as though it was tissue paper whilst millions lie dying and starving....!

I use terms like I do to annoy people because if we all happliy accept the current situation then we are all, as you suggest with the parallels of the 1930's doomed sooner rather than later......

For the record, I'm actually a rounded not violent individual with an inquisitive mind however I see a time soon arriving when we will all have to change and step out of our cosy western worlds because the current system Ain't working....

A bit like a Friday night in Birmingham............ Perhaps

Regards

PDUK

link   
Did ITV just show footage of one of the ones that did it talking to a guy filming it?

Something about 'sorry women had to see this but women in our lands see this all the time...you're not safe...you're government doesn't care about you' then he just walks off?

Did I just see that?!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

Sorry didn't mean to imply you thought that, I was just shocked that it was such a wide description, thought we were quite clued up in the uk about such things.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Did ITV just show footage of one of the ones that did it talking to a guy filming it?

Something about 'sorry women had to see this but women in our lands see this all the time...you're not safe...you're government doesn't care about you' then he just walks off?

Did I just see that?!

Yes I just saw that, guy was drenched in blood and had a cleaver and possibly a knife in his hand.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

I wasn't going to say this BUT.........

I personally think that there are more FANATICAL. Individuals in the USA than fanatics in other places......
The number of people in American society whom are governed by a religious belief is scary and their belief in it is even more scary..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
BUT... wait a minute! Guns are ILLEGAL in the UK. So, how would a "Shooting" be possible???

Originally posted by g146541
IMPOSSIBLE!!!
There is stiff gun control in England!!
It must have been a drive by fruiting!

Very classy. Yeah "lol" it up.

How about you go to every victim of assault or their surviving family members and say "HAR HAR HAR Aren't ya glad gunz r illegal there?! Derp derp har hah har!"

Yeah. Let's do that. Let's just turn every victim of being violently hacked apart or shot into a selfish plug about your unrelated complaints about the 2nd amendment. Sound like a superb idea.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Cuervo because: addendum

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
whoops

ok I am idiot, I just posted on this story after quickly skimming the recent posts page and then noticed this thread.

Anyway seems like a interesting case, whats the latest i hear COBRA is meeting soon

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneManArmy

And I have had enough of racist bigots who know not of what they speak. But yet they speak loudest.

islam isn't a race. So get your facts right.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join