It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I commend the words spoken by The Muslim Council Of Britain - let's hope they ACT upon their words and seek to expunge and expel the extremists and radicals from their mosques, that can only benefit all concerned.

I think this is the first thing that needs doing. It should have been done years ago. We need to find out would drive someone to do such a thing. I was reading tweets from Muslims last night, who said they had complained about some of the preachers in their own mosques, but were ignored.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I commend the words spoken by The Muslim Council Of Britain - let's hope they ACT upon their words and seek to expunge and expel the extremists and radicals from their mosques, that can only benefit all concerned.

Its not enough though, is it?

They need to be expelled from the UK!

Doesn't matter if they were born here or not..... its the only way to pave a path to Peace!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

Yes, but whatever support they may have gained they just lost by lying and deliberately trying to incite further unrest.

Surely they must have realised that they would soon be found out in this day and age.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet,but I did read on the news this afternoon that the Met have put an extra 1200 cops on the streets of London,who are patroling the streets and religious buildings in order to reassure the public.
Which I think is a wise move with tensions being tweaked(mostly by the media sadly).

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Doesn't matter if they were born here or not..... its the only way to pave a path to Peace!

You want to expel all Muslim's because of a minority of extremists? I know a few Muslims... there no different then I.

You think Franck Ribéry was having a party because of the death? Your talking about an extreme few.

link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by khimbar

Well obvioulsy they decided Woolwich was a combat zone.

Then you're happy with the EDL burning down mosques etc as it's been declared a combat zone?

No because those mosques are civilian in nature and there is no way to detrmine who in them are civilian or not.

So the people doing the killing in this country can hide in mosques as civilians but they can't be attacked in their mosques because they're civilians?

You can't have it both ways, surely?

link   

link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

yeah i read that aswell and i think it was a good idea but i do think its a bit funny when the head of the met says its to "keep life running along as normal in London"..... with 1200 extra cops?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by HelenConway
reply to post by crazyewok

Who are you ? It sounds like you support the slaughter of this unfortunate young man.
Personally I find it horrifying and my thoughts are with him and his heart broken family and friends.
You appear to think it is just ' one of those things' at best, at worst you seem to be supporting the brutal murderers.

No I do not support it.

Im just calling it as I see it.

War is war and it sucks. Im sure some of the Taliban we have shot up with our helicopter have had family and freinds too?

If you are going to make war dont cry if the enemy hits back is my point.

Good, then you should have no problem if we nuke those sand fleas. After all, you wouldn't have a problem if the west hit back in a big way.

But a nuke will kill thousands of innocents? To me that would be disproportionate force.

Better response would be to get the SAS to round up a bunch of known insurgents and execute them and then put pigs in there graves.

edit on 23-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Good, then you should have no problem if we nuke those (snip). After all, you wouldn't have a problem if the west hit back in a big way.

What a disgustingly ignorant and xenophobic comment

I abhor racism and find your view racist

If you have a problem with me calling you racist then don’t use the term “(snip)” on a public forum.

You can express yourself without such racist language

edit on 23-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is the Full Speech given by the Butcher:

img.thesun.co.uk...

Not sure the whole speech has been posted already and can't copy and paste it as its been copyrighted.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Well obvioulsy they decided Woolwich was a combat zone.

Then you're happy with the EDL burning down mosques etc as it's been declared a combat zone?

No because those mosques are civilian in nature and there is no way to detrmine who in them are civilian or not.

So the people doing the killing in this country can hide in mosques as civilians but they can't be attacked in their mosques because they're civilians?

You can't have it both ways, surely?

If you can find out who are the bad ones then I would have no issue with the police going in dragging them out or sending in the army to shot them. But indiscrimatly bombing a mosque no.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

How's about your stop buying their oil first? No? Vacate their lands? No?

You've already failed. If we start "crusading" - what on Earth is going to happen to all of that black gold that we love so much - how's the world economy going to go on? Unless of course, you also propose a complete and utter invasion of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria - indeed, all of the Middle East and Northern and Western Africa, just to secure the black gold?

I'm talking from a religious standpoint. Not economics. I'm tired of hearing what a peaceful religion Islam is.

And I am tired of hearing xenophobic individuals painting the entire faith of Islam with the same brush because of the actions of a small and twisted minority. Most Muslims will be condemning these acts just like the rest of us.

The only Muslims I've seen condemning these attacks are the heads of some mosques in Britain who are afraid of reprisal attacks. I've heard no apologies from any other Islamic spokesperson. Xenophobic? Sure I am. I don't want to be beheaded by a religious zealot.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

reply to post by Rocker2013

I don't want to pre-empt anything but if this does indeed turn out to be an attack by some random Muslim extremists on a cadet because they were offended by his 'Help For Heroes' t-shirt do you really expect people to simply sit back and accept it, yet again?

What would you have people do if this is the case?

So you think that an entire group of people DESERVE TO BE ATTACKED IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY because the the actions of one or two?

Your view is EXACTLY the reason COBRA is meeting right now.

Muslims aren't native to Britain, they where unwanted immigrants brought into Britain in order to weaken the voting rights of Britain's indigenous population. A blatant act of ethnic cleansing.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdk84

You want to expel all Muslim's because of a minority of extremists? I know a few Muslims... there no different then I.

You think Franck Ribéry was having a party because of the death? Your talking about an extreme few.

I was referring to the Extremists and Radicals as referenced in 'Freeborn's' post.

Please read carefully before posting.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   

What do you want?

A letter signed by every Muslim in the UK apologising for the acts of someone who most of them don’t even recognise as a Muslim.

The Muslim community has came out and condemned these attacks,

The ones who need to apologise are the monsters who committed these horrid acts.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

img.thesun.co.uk...

Not sure the whole speech has been posted already and can't copy and paste it as its been copyrighted.

I still want to know where the full video is?

Why are we only seeing edited pieces?

I don't mean that it's some kind of conspiracy or owt, just wonder why we haven't seen his full "speech"

Very odd.

The guy filming filmed the whole thing and filmed plenty after, he was shouting at police for taking too long to arrive.... where is the rest of his footage?

Seized by police maybe?

Hmmm

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

img.thesun.co.uk...

I still want to know where the full video is?

Why are we only seeing edited pieces?

I don't mean that it's some kind of conspiracy or owt, just wonder why we haven't seen his full "speech"

Very odd.

The guy filming filmed the whole thing and filmed plenty after, he was shouting at police for taking too long to arrive.... where is the rest of his footage?

Seized by police maybe?

Hmmm

Nothing has been seized, you're just looking in the wrong places, relying on the mainstream most likely.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by tdk84

I was referring to the Extremists and Radicals as referenced in 'Freeborn's' post.

Please read carefully before posting.

Freeborns post mentioned expelling extremist and radicals? you then said "Its not enough though, is it?" I assumed you meant you wanted all of them out.

The irony of reading carefully.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Muslims have lived in this country in large numbers for several hundred years. They're welcome here, as are members of other faiths. Believe it or not, we've got pretty good at living in harmony with people of other faiths and from other lands over here. Sadly, as is ever the case, there will always be a few idiots who are quite prepared to pervert the words of their prophets to fit their own agendas. But please, don't let facts get in your way as you push your own nefarious agenda.

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join