It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by crazyewok

I can understand that perspective but I am just telling you the way the law works just now in the UK.

If you disagree with it then fair enough.

I think however that the key to what you are saying comes down to the difference between a Solider and a terrorist, that is a very complex question.

To me I think the diffrence is a terroist is out to delibratly cause terror amougnt civilians by attacking them.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
I wonder how many of those who were criticising EDL etc will also express the same opinions about the 100's of Muslim youths who are currently 'celebrating' this murder on the streets of Oldham at this very minute?

I also wonder why Sky News haven't got a reporter on site or aren't reporting it?

That romour was started by the EDL...

twitter.com...

"Muslims celebrating soldiers death in Oldham right now"

You can see the responses, there just making # up.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by UnBreakable

How's about your stop buying their oil first? No? Vacate their lands? No?

You've already failed. If we start "crusading" - what on Earth is going to happen to all of that black gold that we love so much - how's the world economy going to go on? Unless of course, you also propose a complete and utter invasion of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria - indeed, all of the Middle East and Northern and Western Africa, just to secure the black gold?

I'm talking from a religious standpoint. Not economics. I'm tired of hearing what a peaceful religion Islam is.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomrevolts
There is no actual proof these were extremists.

Which part of the video where he mentions the koran and does his eye for an eye speech doesn't count as proof again?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
I mean to me this is not a terroist attack as the did not target any civilians. It was a military attack in a time of war.

Cool story bro. Military attack? As in carried out by combatants clearly identified as such by their uniform? No. This was a cowardly and sickening attack in which an unarmed man was attacked by people with weapons who had not identified themselves as an enemy. Get real.

link   

Originally posted by freedomrevolts
Something doesn't sit right with all this. Yes it was an horrific attack. It was a bizarre attack. But people are jumping to conclusions extremely fast and that's all down to media coverage and well placed key words via our leaders to incite fear and continue to spread the fear of terrorism aroudn the world. Terrorism is government-made. Every terror group is funded by a political party and/or the CIA at the very least. War = Money so our economy requires it. People are killed everyday in every country and it's sad and horrible but the fact that this particular attack has attracted so much attention and so quickly makes me think there is a lot more than meets the eye. It was immediately labelled as a 'terror' attack without any REAL investigation, stabbings and violent crimes happen everyday by people of all colour and religion against other people of all colour and religion. I don't mean to sound disrespectful here or without compassion. I feel for the family of the victim and offer my heart felt condolences but just because the victim was a soldier everyone's reaction is amplified ten times over. Don't go hating on me now but just because a guy signs up to the army does not mean he is a hero. (In my honest opinion armies should be illegal and no man should have the desire to go and kill complete strangers in a foreign land all on the say so of a government who advertises this murderous violence as something to be proud of. Want to talk about sheep??) The victim was wearing a help for heroes t-shirt but was immediately 'assumed' to be a soldier without having any confirmation of his actual identity and immediately people are honouring him as a saint without even knowing who he is!! for all we know he could be a ring leader peadophile (I'm not suggesting that he is but you get my point?) A lot of the reporting was done to create a hype and general feeling of fear and disgust throughout the nation. And then low and behold we have a COBRA meeting planned with all our security forces in tow. They are telling soldiers not to wear their uniforms in public (how is that for standing up to the enemy?!) And as for that said enemy, the 'terrorists'. There is no actual proof these were extremists. Don't they usually kill more people in one go? Why bother with just one man? Why wait for the police to arrive instead of running? It doesn't make sense. Look at the bigger picture, start asking the right questions and watch out for what kind of laws will be passed that infringe on our freedoms all in the name of our 'security' due to this sick attack which was probably carried out by patsies on mind controlling drugs. Look past what the media tells you. Remember that the suicide bomber is never the one pulling the strings, he is just a puppet amongst other puppets...dispensible.

Nothing is what it seems. Everything is a lie.

Welcome to ATS. You might want to break that up into paragraphs, a lot of people just won't bother reading it.

link   

Well obvioulsy they decided Woolwich was a combat zone.

Then you're happy with the EDL burning down mosques etc as it's been declared a combat zone?

link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
Close our boarders, deport everyone on a temporary visa and put more police on the streets. This can cause major problems if it takes hold.

I would agree to that, as well as putting immigrants from the last 20 years back on temp visas, until thoroughly vetted, associations included.

This thing already has caused problems, it has been brewing for a long long time, the criminal underworld of the UK consists largely of immigrants, even those that started out as immigrants 50 years ago, from mainland Europe as well as other places. All the drugs gangs, traffickers, human and other, are mostly immigrant.

The whole stiff upper lip, blinkers on attitude the mainstream UK has, has only been made worse by the namby pamby approach of the police and politicians, people ignored it's existence for fear of retaliation, words of ''we won't allow this'' from various PM's isn't enough, even worse that the previous PM invited them all and totally #ed the country.

Time for the UK grow some balls and get tough on terrorism, for real this time.

link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by UnBreakable

How's about your stop buying their oil first? No? Vacate their lands? No?

You've already failed. If we start "crusading" - what on Earth is going to happen to all of that black gold that we love so much - how's the world economy going to go on? Unless of course, you also propose a complete and utter invasion of Saudi Arabia, Iran, Nigeria - indeed, all of the Middle East and Northern and Western Africa, just to secure the black gold?

I'm talking from a religious standpoint. Not economics. I'm tired of hearing what a peaceful religion Islam is.

And I am tired of hearing xenophobic individuals painting the entire faith of Islam with the same brush because of the actions of a small and twisted minority. Most Muslims will be condemning these acts just like the rest of us.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

If the EDL have been posting false information that could lead to further outbreaks of violence then they need to be hauled in and their Twitter account temporarily disabled. Complete madness!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Well obvioulsy they decided Woolwich was a combat zone.

Then you're happy with the EDL burning down mosques etc as it's been declared a combat zone?

No because those mosques are civilian in nature and there is no way to detrmine who in them are civilian or not.

Maybe the EDL should camp outside militray bases and help keep watch? Or join the army and go over to afganistan?

To be honnest im not happy with anyone attacking anyone.
edit on 23-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes, it seems some moron thought he'd spread lies - I should know better.

Don't know what EDL thought they would achieve or how they would fool people, (only idiots like me seem to have fell for it!).
What have they gained?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I commend the words spoken by The Muslim Council Of Britain - let's hope they ACT upon their words and seek to expunge and expel the extremists and radicals from their mosques, that can only benefit all concerned.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I wonder how many of those who were criticising EDL etc will also express the same opinions about the 100's of Muslim youths who are currently 'celebrating' this murder on the streets of Oldham at this very minute?

I also wonder why Sky News haven't got a reporter on site or aren't reporting it?

Do you have any links?

Anyone have any links to 'Mosques' being damaged?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

reply to post by tdk84

reply to post by woodwardjnr

Yes, it seems some moron thought he'd spread lies - I should know better.

Don't know what EDL thought they would achieve or how they would fool people, (only idiots like me seem to have fell for it!).
What have they gained?

Trying to rile people up to there cause. They been looking for an excuse and now they have the Golden Hen.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor
reply to post by Freeborn

Really ? Where did you hear this or see it please ? This does not bode well .

Does anyone else have that song going round their head ? ' There may be trouble ahead ....'

I had a Song in my Mind last night....

Madness.... They Call It Madness.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Do you have any links?

Anyone have any links to 'Mosques' being damaged?

It was just the EDL trying to start a frenzy on twitter, wasn't very effective. EDL twitter page for more info

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Can anyone fill me in on the latest?

I've been crazy busy with work and being ill.....

What else do we know? What else has happened?

Have the EDL or BNP eaten any mosques or anything?

Cheers

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I understand that, I mean REAL proof. Background checks, identity confirmations etc....who is to say that they didn't say those things just to make people think it is extremist work? It's a possibility just as likely or unlikely as any other. You know, the way we were told there were WMDs just so that we could justify going to war and invading another continent...

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Can anyone fill me in on the latest?

I've been crazy busy with work and being ill.....

What else do we know? What else has happened?

Have the EDL or BNP eaten any mosques or anything?

Cheers

I think some plonker went and attacked a mosque last night, he got arrested.

We should all go around attacking Churches... Hitler was christian.

edit on 23-5-2013 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join