It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Op you should edit your thread title! This is now classed as a terrorist attack.

I cannot edit the title as the BAN forum rules are that we must use the exact title.

Perhaps a moderator can edit the title and add (terrorist attack) at the end if they wish to do so as I have seen them do similar editing in the past.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
This incident is now being called a ''serious terrorism incident'' COBRA meeting pending in less than an hour. Home Secretary to attend, PM on his journey home.

Perpetrators reportedly to have been from Afghanistan and shouted words of Muslim preference.

Also reported that the incident was filmed.

Live reporting

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by conz1992
reply to post by IvanAstikov

What 'guy'?

Nick Robinson, the political editor has said that - read this link and the live updates:
www.bbc.co.uk...

This one. audioboo.fm...=7m54s

This guy doesn't mention any "Allah" chants, or anything even remotely suggesting they had Islamic tendencies.
edit on 22-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

Unless I'm tripping hard, I watched with my own eyes and heard Nick clearly saying "the Woolwich attackers are thought to have tried to film their attack whilst shouting "Allahu Akbar" - God is Great" Twice.

Do one.

link   
If these people were beckoning the bus riders to take photos of them then where are the photos from the perspective of the bus passengers. Have they been posted to Twitter yet? Seems unusual that we don't have any shots of these guys given some of the statements

link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
COBRA meeting (gov anti terror comittee)at 6:30pm tonight,thats in 45minutes time.

This happened at 2:30ish PM-Why the delay?
They should have held a cobra meeting hours ago FFS!

First, they need to let the officers deal with the incident, and then decide whether it is a terrorist incident. If Cobra were called into session every time there was a violent crime in the UK they would never get any work done.

Then you have people all over London, and all over the UK, who would potentially need to be involved in that meeting either in person or by secure video networking, this all takes time to plan and organize.

In fact, considering it would have only been considered a terrorist attack after some investigation, this response time is pretty good.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My bet is that this heinous crime will be the result of two young, possibly adolescent Islamic blokes who feel dis-affected by the western country they currently live and have benefitted from.
After reading and probably more than likely watching stupid YouTube videos and revelling in a religious martyrdom sold to them by child molesting mullahs in the local 'holy place' they have gone out (on drugs and shisha's) looking for a victim they can claim their own...

The Cowards have surprised a kid in a charity T-shirt and brutally murdered him in full view of the public.....

I hope the police shot them dead because if not then our racially tolerant country will then 're-habilitate' them as opposed to skin them alive.....

The media will cause more trouble than they should over this when in reality these Cowardly sons of Fat cows and fathers of Gay swine should be given a supreme kicking and dumped off the nearest ferry heading down the Suez Canal.

Regards

PDUK

link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yep.... looks like some guy or guys were chanting 'allah akbar' when it happened but this is unconfirmed.

If it is confirmed.... well Cameron, we told you so.

Your Party and Labour have allowed it to get so far...

news.sky.com...
edit on 22-5-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
So, I come here because all the stuff on social media over this and now I am even more confused. A military guy is beheaded in the street, potentially because of a meeting tonight? Or was the meeting tonight scheduled because of the beheading?

ATS, the only place to get news.

The C.O.B.R.A (Cabinet Office Briefing Room A ) Meeting is being held because of this , it is a security meeting and gives the clearest indication that this is a terrorist attack .

link   
reply to post by conz1992

I have seen no witness accounts of anything the killers were shouting, nor of wanting the photographs taken over the body, especially as there were females shielding the body from them after they dragged it onto the street....The facts are a mishmash right now....lets wait and see what does come from this...My opinion? it could be 2 brothers wanting revenge for a pregnant sister, drug dealers, or 2 drugged up car theives that crashed their car and went for the nearest person for retribution....it could be anything..

link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Reports updated as suspected terrorist attack, it should be on breaking news under terrorism.

updated headline

edit on 22-5-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by conz1992
reply to post by IvanAstikov

What 'guy'?

Nick Robinson, the political editor has said that - read this link and the live updates:
www.bbc.co.uk...

Racist BBC commentator Nick Robinson just keeps repeating "Of Muslim appearance".

Of course, racist. Course he is.

Unless of course they were and witnesses said this.

And don't be a smart-arse and smugly ask 'What do muslim's look like' cos you know as well as I do there are certain visual clues in clothing etc.

EDIT and if witnesses heard the allah snackbar thing, there's another giveaway.

edit on 22-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I'm confused about the race of the attackers. I keep reading the eyewitness reports on the Mirror website and they keep describing them as black. Is that the way the UK describes anyone with darker skin, or were they in fact African in appearance?
I know in the US, we do have African American Muslims, but they practice a somewhat different form of islam and generally don't take part in any form of jihad. Sorry I am so uninformed in the matter of social dynamics in the UK, can someone from the area please explain it to me? I would be very shocked to see an African American in the US take part in any terrorist attack, so this is puzzling to me.

~OkieDokie:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Again, I repeat - I and my family would much rather feel safer in Britain, than in America. Knife crime is already a bit of problem in some areas of Britain - imagine if they then legalized guns! London would be comparable to Chicago, if not worse!

I've never felt the need to have a gun - for what exactly? If I ever want a gun, it'd be for recreational purposes on my country estate, not to carry about with me in preparation for an unlikely potential attack!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OkieDokie
I'm confused about the race of the attackers. I keep reading the eyewitness reports on the Mirror website and they keep describing them as black. Is that the way the UK describes anyone with darker skin, or were they in fact African in appearance?
I know in the US, we do have African American Muslims, but they practice a somewhat different form of islam and generally don't take part in any form of jihad. Sorry I am so uninformed in the matter of social dynamics in the UK, can someone from the area please explain it to me? I would be very shocked to see an African American in the US take part in any terrorist attack, so this is puzzling to me.

~OkieDokie:

Black people = Africans, west indians etc.

Some people might call all people not white black, but a news outlet wouldn't I don't think.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Okay, thanks. I wasn't quite sure and it seemed kinda conflicting information to me. of course social media is just a huge conflicting mess to begin with.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Again, I repeat - I and my family would much rather feel safer in Britain, than in America. Knife crime is already a bit of problem in some areas of Britain - imagine if they then legalized guns! London would be comparable to Chicago, if not worse!

I've never felt the need to have a gun - for what exactly? If I ever want a gun, it'd be for recreational purposes on my country estate, not to carry about with me in preparation for an unlikely potential attack!

I'm British I'm just saying, the high gun crime rate in America is still on the low side and is mainly gang related.

Australia has a high rate of skin cancer compared to England, but I wouldn't feel unsafe there because of some rare chance I get skin cancer.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

site may have graphic details/images

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Perhaps you conveniently skipped over the part where I specifically stated that I didn't support any sort of reprisal attacks, and hope that I never do.

The tone and intention of your post was clear, asking what I expected people to do in response to this... what else do you suggest?
I didn't see you offer any alternative responses that could be made, so what response do YOU think the people of this country should give to this event?

But don't you expect people to be angry when an army cadet is targetted in his own country simply for wearing a t-shirt and then attacked in such a brutal and barbaric manner?

Yes, I do expect people to be angry. But again, what do you expect people to do? Please elaborate on anything we can do right now as citizens to respond to this other than hear about the story and feel sorrow for the victim and their family?

You suggest action, but have been very vague about what you think that action should be.

And I find the complete lack of compassion and consideration for the victim in this attack quite disconcerting.

Sorry I wasn't visibly weeping all over my keyboard and taking pictures for you!
This is a weak attempt, and pretty shameful too.
People here know me a little by now, and it goes without saying we all feel sorrow for the victim. Suggesting we don't is a pretty sick way to try to score points.

You appear not to give a toss about him yet seem so concerned about the safety and well being of those poor Muslims etc, none of whom have been threatened or targetted in any way yet.

*snip*
I'm concerned about the security of this country, or do you think I should only be concerned about that when it's those "evil muzzies!!!!!" ?

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22-5-2013 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
From the twitter feed mentioned earlier

fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
There are plenty of eyewitness reports and media reports, basically saying the same thing. Perhaps reading them before commenting is advisable, it prevents the thread becoming a nonsense of arguments.

www.dailymail.co.uk... shot-police.html

There are also reports from other sources, such as Twitter which are more graphic.

twitter.com...

Eye witness account.

www.lbc.co.uk...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join