It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by arollingstone

Self loathing? Do you moonlight as a shrink or something? All you can do is call me a self loathing xenophobe? Not surprising, because that's all you got. Reminds of of how every time someone speaks the truth about Obama, they get called a racist. Doesn't take a lot of grey matter to call a person a xenophobe, it does take a lot to re-evaluate the situation you are in, and how you got there.

Besides, you said it yourself, they rushed in to stop someone from desecrating a corpse, they did not rush in to save a life. How courageous, that out of a crowd of people, only a few ran in, but only after it was all over..

What an awful human being you are, keep up the online tough guy persona.
If you're ever in Woolwich tell the soldiers there how brave YOU would have been.
Most people are preconditioned not to be violent and when someone is essentially beheaded in front of you
Fight or Flight would kick in. It is a COMMON human response to be SHOCKED and not know what to do.

Lets imagine you are walking down your street unarmed and 2 guys with Butcher knives and a handgun are killing someone, you would be a hero and get yourself killed? Good one, I encourage you too.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Why did they only kill one person and wait?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
Why did they only kill one person and wait?

I believe their grievances were solely towards the West/England, and by association the soldier wearing that t shirt identifying himself as someone who supports the military and the injured from the recent wars. I don't think they had intentions of killing "civilians" as they saw it in their mind

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedog1973

Originally posted by redandblue

Originally posted by Wirral Bagpuss
I AM APPALLED that this has happened in my country. Religion is being used as an excuse to commit a barbaric crime. I hope the two people responsible are left to rot in prison and never let out.

I'm hoping they rot in hospital, in excruciating pain for the remainder of their miserable existence, as long as it's not a quick death... and go easy on the pain killers doc.

Because to wish pain on someone who has caused pain makes perfect logic? Regardless of how disgusted and appalled I am at this sickening offence, it just makes me sicken at the thought of more violence.

I guess my stomach for violence is a little weaker than yours. Or maybe I think enough is enough.

such are the ways of the "sane"

a few posts back another very "sane" poster is surprised the perpetrators were capable of engaging in civil and courteous discourse with passersby.

going by the gamut of facial expression, other body-language, and tone of voice
he seems downright apologetic, even momentarily regretful then again regaining his resolve

for all we know what the video shows is an aggrieved father...
but the "sane" will continue "see" and "hear" what they're told to...
[if you've been unable to hear allahu akbar, it's alright, you're "insane" !
please disregard the snackbar claims, as extreme "sanity"]
who no doubt are incapable seeing anything other than an amorphous blob of [hated] color, when encountering black, brown, yellow, and red humans. in other words are unable to tell one from another.
especially the bnp, edl, little englanders, "god is an englishman" membership, quite the exemplary "sane" folks, which have "graced" us by having their little convention/pumping-up-session herein...

but disregard my words,
as I am quite "Mad"

it seems Brother Corruption has certainty Exposed the Heart of Darkness [pun intended]
lurking within the deep underbelly of Gran Bretan.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

He did say gov't right? Specifically?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by esdad71

1st Cav Division claimed 137k kills in 2004-2005 in Iraq. That was from the 3 brigades on the ground at the time. It doesn't include other assets in theater and it doesn't include those killed by insurgents. Our Division Sergeant Major got up in front of all of us and congratulated us on a job well done before we left country. I was there, I earned my combat spurs during that deployment.

OT -

This isn't about Iraq/Afghanistan
It not about is Islam is a religion of peace
It has $^%* all to do with America in any way. Especially our laws and rights

Two men killed another person. They did it in broad daylight in front of witnesses. This is a serious game changer. It could signal the end of coordinated, planned, well executed (for the most part) terrorist attacks. Planned chaos without a head to remove. That should scare the hell out of everyone regardless of beliefs, country, race, or religion.

Nope. The US did not kill 137k in Iraq but it does suck 1st Cav are based at FT hood that was attacked by...um..A RADICAL MUSLIM.

You really want to try to tell me that your Platoon Sgt got up in front of you and told you that you were responsible for the deaths of 130k plus in Iraq? .killed by insurgents not Americans...genocide like i said...theyt have killed each other for 1300 years.....

Islam is a religion of peace???? you sound like Hasan....Remember NIck Berg????

edit on 22-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2013 by esdad71 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken

He did say gov't right? Specifically?

Indeed so, something along the lines of get rid of your government, they don't care about you.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

I'm sorry, what corruption was uncovered here? Some guy with bloody hands saying it's all the fault of government?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

I'm not sure you are a subject matter expert if you don't know the difference between a Platoon Sergeant and a Division Sergeant Major. Yea, I remember Berg. We collected his body from an overpass on Route Huskie.

Has nothing to do with the attacks in London though.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Why did it take 20 minutes for the police to turn up?

Muzz

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

I am guessing they had to get the "special police". You know, they ones that have guns.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by Ormuz

I am guessing they had to get the "special police". You know, they ones that have guns.

As an American i'm not 100% sure but I do believe that most if not all of the patrol cops or traffic cops in London have no firearms, only a baton and perhaps pepper spray?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

I know what you're trying to imply - or at least, the point that you're trying to make.

But seriously - if our police routinely had live weapons, there'd be a helluva lot more deaths and whatnot and police brutality would take a new turn.

Britain does not wish to turn into the Wild West like its colonial child, the United States of 'Merica. We're quite fine, thankyou very much - without gun-toting maniacs. I'm sure if guns were readily available, these two maniacs would have been bold enough to not only attack one soldier, but barge into the army base firing off wildly (isn't that what happened a while ago in 'Merica?)

I feel safe without guns, thankyou very much - that's why I live in Great Britain, not 'Merica.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Yep, and as you can see, just because our police don't routinely carry live weapons does not mean that Britain is a lawless fest like Somalia. Actually, Britain's the seventh-biggest economy in the world and one of the most "civilized". We don't need more guns, thanyou very much - we'll leave you and your Chicago ganglands and whatever else it is you have across the pond.
edit on 5/22/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by 200Plus

I know what you're trying to imply - or at least, the point that you're trying to make.

But seriously - if our police routinely had live weapons, there'd be a helluva lot more deaths and whatnot and police brutality would take a new turn.

Britain does not wish to turn into the Wild West like its colonial child, the United States of 'Merica. We're quite fine, thankyou very much - without gun-toting maniacs. I'm sure if guns were readily available, these two maniacs would have been bold enough to not only attack one soldier, but barge into the army base firing off wildly (isn't that what happened a while ago in 'Merica?)

I feel safe without guns, thankyou very much - that's why I live in Great Britain, not 'Merica.

Definitely agree with your train of thought here, Police shouldn't be armed in a country with almost NO readily available weapons to the citizens. Maybe if we saw a drastic rise in homicide by firearm over the next few years then i'd say lets re-evaluate but as it stands you guys seem fine with having the SWAT teams take care of those situations

edit: not quite sure why you're lashing out, i'm not bashing europe lol. but carry on
edit on 22-5-2013 by ThinkYouSpeak because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Don't mistake my intent. Your laws work for your country and I have no say in the matter. It's not a statement on manhood or anything like that. I admit that I do not know a lot about England. I assumed (based on personal experience and what I've seen) that not all police carry firearms. The delay in my mind would be the need for armed police to arrive.

Weapons don't make a man and not having a weapon does not make one weak. If a criminal has a gun, it would be insanity to go at him with anything less.

+ETA - no need to bash America. Respect has a funny way of going both ways (at least in theory)+
edit on 22-5-2013 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ormuz

Not enough CCTV"s?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Yep, and as you can see, just because our police don't routinely carry live weapons does not mean that Britain is a lawless fest like Somalia. Actually, Britain's the seventh-biggest economy in the world and one of the most "civilized". We don't need more guns, thanyou very much - we'll leave you and your Chicago ganglands and whatever else it is you have across the pond.
edit on 5/22/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

It is obvious that guns aren't required for a place to be wild. Really, this was a pretty gory thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join