It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DeeKlassified

I think yes, when they are murdering people in the middle of the street, in the middle of the day. That is extreme action and taking part in that action, based on religious ideology, makes them religious extremists.

I suppose, from their point of view, they could label the UK and the US as a type of extremist group. Either way, I personally don't think it makes the actions of either party justifiable, it only extends a brutal cycle of fear, death and destruction.

It seems that, if this is ever to end, someone, somewhere must begin thinking and acting differently, instead of perpetuating the vicious cycle.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Huff Post went with "Reportedly beheaded".

www.huffingtonpost.com...

The clue being the word "Reportedly". No official source has said he was beheaded.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

To be honest I can understand many people are confused about this incident. May God forgive people believe this is some conspiracy or false flag attack. How I see this current event is that it was motivated by religious belief. Before you call be racist or ignorant. You have to realize there are Muslims like this out there. Just like there are crazy Christians and Jews and whatnot who'll do the same. It sucks but that's how a lot of people are in this crazy world.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow. It took hours to read this thread through and all I can say is -

My thoughts and condolences to the victims friends and family. My heart goes out to Britain - what a horrible and frightening situation.

I'd like to ask if emotions seem to be calming down with the protest groups and people acting out? I hate to see the British people retaliate with violence in kind. This is what the terrorists want. Don't get sucked in to the hate.

My thoughts and blessings,
Cirque

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
why the debate on his the perpetrators ethnic origin?

it looks like based on the information that we have that this was the work of a radical Islamist, their ethnic origin is not important at this stage. we should be discussing what has happened and the response to events.

there is no debate
perps were early on black, and as Freeborn "insanely" pointed
racist and bigotry mongers would be out in force inciting hate and violence and islamophobia in the UK.
this thread is already reflecting that prediction.
note also all the new accounts/echos as well [att. mods]

some posting are trying to get the thread back on track and deny ignorance

that is all, no need to make a fuss
and your, tongue in cheek, no doubt, SUPER-SHILL byline is hardly inspiring of confidence ROFL

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

I think yes, when they are murdering people in the middle of the street, in the middle of the day. That is extreme action and taking part in that action, based on religious ideology, makes them religious extremists.

I suppose, from their point of view, they could label the UK and the US as a type of extremist group. Either way, I personally don't think it makes the actions of either party justifiable, it only extends a brutal cycle of fear, death and destruction.

It seems that, if this is ever to end, someone, somewhere must begin thinking and acting differently, instead of perpetuating the vicious cycle.

I don't think it is based on religious ideology, otherwise all muslims in the uk would be chopping people up.

They are angry at what has happened to fellow muslims in countries that have been affected by illegal wars.

I also did say that I do not agree with their actions, but like I say, what they did is definitely not worse than what the UK government has done by invading muslim countries illegally.

If Christians were being butchered by the UK in illegal wars then you'd see Christians going mental. It's about their religion being targeted.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
reply to post by esteay812

To be honest I can understand many people are confused about this incident. May God forgive people believe this is some conspiracy or false flag attack. How I see this current event is that it was motivated by religious belief. Before you call be racist or ignorant. You have to realize there are Muslims like this out there. Just like there are crazy Christians and Jews and whatnot who'll do the same. It sucks but that's how a lot of people are in this crazy world.

Nothing to do with religious belief, it's retaliation for muslims being killed in illegal wars.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Originally posted by Dumbspiracy
@ OP:
Please edit the thread title to something more beseeming the heinous act of barbarism this patently is - example:

LONDON — Meat cleaver wielding Islamists run down and butcher serviceman on London street in broad daylight

I think a crime so abjectly base as this one needs a title more evocative than something that sounds like a cat is stuck in a tree, don't you?
edit on 22-5-2013 by Dumbspiracy because: (no reason given)

Mods, please direct this person to some sort of terms and conditions that will clarify his confusion based on rage and lack of logic.

Yeah, even Islamists leaders in England have already condemned this act. I just read part of the Quran today and if I remember reading it right it says to live in peace with those living in peace with you.

Just because the guy uses the word Allah doesn't mean that this is an act of sectarian violence between Islamic nations and Christian ones.

The guy is from England and says "Our land" referring to someplace outside of England, therefore his use of the word Allah could be an act of deception as well to provoke religious violence and anti-Islamic sentiment, rather than say that the reason why he left England was because he felt disenfranchised there.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

The snide remarks and bickering end now.
We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

You are responsible for your own posts....and if one cannot post civilly, one can expect post removals.

**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW

edit on Wed May 22 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by smurfy

They are not soldiers, two against one armed with gun and knives is thuggery,

How about, men with Kalashnikov Rifles facing down F-15 fighter jets and remotely controlled unmanned bomber drones.

Hilarious, aint' it?

Thuggery is perception.

Quite frankly, that's bollocks, what happened here was not a war zone, and these guys knew they had the upper hand on a single individual, and in my opinion no better than than the action on OBL by the USA. If they did something else in the past as soldiers or terrorists, or freedom fighters, this particular action was thuggery, nothing more, nothing less. It was against the common people who they lived with, and treacherous for all people, I suppose that would include 'their own', just like the two Boston bombers, and that these guys are just in your face mimics, as if there was something to mimic.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Why do you have to sugarcoat this terrible incident. Also who is to say this is related to illegal wars. I'm just curious about your claims.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Phoenix267 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Mind control to scare the masses.

Sirhan Sirhan
Sandy Hook
Aurora
lets add Woolwich to that list now.

If you were a hell bent terrorist crack pot... you'd kidnap the man, torture him, film it then send the footage to the media. you wouldn't hack him to death.

If you were a legit terrorist mofo you wouldn't blow a bomb up at a market.. you'd attack the financial hubs, the electricity hubs, the comms hubs.

Its all a sham!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeeKlassified
They are angry at what has happened to fellow muslims in countries that have been affected by illegal wars.

Illegal wars. They are a response mostly to fanatics like this disenfranchised HEADHUNTER, these "illegal wars" are.

The Taliban, Hezbollah, and the Mujahadeen have no right to fight.

They are not fighting for Allah. Even the legal moderate Islamic gov't of Afghanistan invited Russian soldiers to help them fight against Islamic fanaticism before the Mujahadeen became the Taliban.

These zealots need to put on a military uniform and wear a flag representing a sovereign Islamic nation that has declared a lawful and legal war.

Until they do that, it is zealots not wearing a military uniform who are illegal because they do not respect the Geneva Conventions.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
For those who are saying they have seen no indication that they were asking to be filmed, and speaking about their ideology then i highly recommend you go to this link below..

www.mirror.co.uk...

as it was posted in here earlier on the 1st or 2nd page.
it's quite long so press CTRL + F to search and type 7.08pm

there is a video attached to that and it's clear as day this was a muslim extremist. any further denial is sheer ignorance

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Mind control to scare the masses.

Sirhan Sirhan
Sandy Hook
Aurora
lets add Woolwich to that list now.

If you were a hell bent terrorist crack pot... you'd kidnap the man, torture him, film it then send the footage to the media. you wouldn't hack him to death.

If you were a legit terrorist mofo you wouldn't blow a bomb up at a market.. you'd attack the financial hubs, the electricity hubs, the comms hubs.

Its all a sham!

That is quite subjective. There is no end-all-be-all method for causing terror or advancing some sort of self righteous political/religious act of violence.

As for a terrorist supposedly going after financial hubs, electric etc well I hate to say it but those people who work there are regular joes pressing buttons doing a 9 to 5 shift, the same type of people they find the markets and around town. The CEOs and power people you're alluding to are not within their realm of reach. Furrthermore, it honestly doesn't matter how or where, it's absolutely disgusting to hear about unnecessary lost lives

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It has to happen.

The British empire loves Sunni Muslims. Muslims have been imported into the UK in large numbers. Now they are a potent force.

It was just a matter of time when the UK felt the full force of 'peaceful' Islam.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by TheMagus

My main concern is how much people are believing as soon as they hear it, then switching their belief once they hear something more suitable to their real of perceived normality so to speak.
Indeed, the "sane" do love their scapegoats and their Two Minutes Hate.
much super-strength lager will be quaffed tonight, Methinks

From the very beginning I have been rather on the fence.
that is as it should be, we are here to promote "Insanity" and "Unreason", after all.

Going on forward due to data compiled by those you speak of we shall point out a few things.
Proceed with confidence, The C.U.T. has your back
Thunder and lightning here, if I disappear my power went out

good to know, As Sister Natalia (First Maenad) would be quite cross if I mobilized Her and her Murder of Crows due to a misunderstanding. should an attack be carried out upon Your Person under cover of darkness I Am confident that a single swing of your Morningstar will expedite the matter promptly, along with the adjacent 20 city blocks.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkYouSpeak

I don't know about that.

I couldn't think of a better way to spark some anti-muslim sentiment amongst unemployed British youth.

Think about it, a regular military man wearing a charity T-shirt is hacked to death in the middle of the street in broad day light by 2 middle eastern people chanting on about Allah.

All the needed was a dead puppy and an old aged pensioner stuck in the boot of the car they'd have offended most demographics.

As for the financial hubs, comms and electricity hubs im not talking about internal workers.

If you wanted to destroy a nation and bring it to its knee's, you had a couple of car bombs and a massive truck bomb what would you hit?

a market full of innocent people or a electricity plant / financial centre?

Why did the 'supposid' terrorists attack the WTC/Pentagon on 911 and not a nuclear/power plant or wall street?

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join