It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
COBRA meeting (gov anti terror comittee)at 6:30pm tonight,thats in 45minutes time.

This happened at 2:30ish PM-Why the delay?
They should have held a cobra meeting hours ago FFS!

What the hell?

Freaking dithering mother .....................leaving ATS for a while to swear profusely at government incompetence.

+4 more 
link   

link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

What 'guy'?

Nick Robinson, the political editor has said that - read this link and the live updates:
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There are bits of this story that beg questionmarks...Firstly, why use knves and a machette on someone when you could just shoot the victim...secondly, why wait for the armed police response unit to arrive after 20 minutes?...also, why the need to ask a bus full of passengers to take their photographs holding the weapons....The biggest question though is based on the comment earlier if true, saying something about an intelligence led operation (Drill?) and this was not part of it
I quote that comment " BBC Tweet: BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking 21m
UK officials say Woolwich incident not connected to intelligence-led operation - via @FrankRGardner Live updates: bbc.in"
.......Something smells here and you dont need a perfect nose to pick up on the stench....COBRA meeting? wonder if that was planned earlier?

Respects
edit on 22-5-2013 by captiva because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
BUT... wait a minute! Guns are ILLEGAL in the UK. So, how would a "Shooting" be possible???

Because after WW2 a massive amount of soldiers brought back guns as trophies, when at a certain point on the ferry ride home they were informed that they couldn't bring gun back, so they dumped them all at the Isle of Dogs, that and Bostonians were sending them over like candy t the IRA up until the mid 90's

For all the Americans wringing their hands with glee - we have a gun murder rate of 0.04 per 100,000 inhabitants -
In the US you have a gun murder rate of 12.1 per 100,000 inhabitants - surely even the most staunch amongst you can tell that 0.4 is much better than 12.1?

(to be fair though, it's not just guns - Americans are seemingly crazy - Switzerland has one of the largest gun ownership levels in the world and they only have 0.5 per 100,000!)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have been following this story since it first broke on LBC London.
The eyewitness's NEVER said they had a muslim appearance, one muslim eyewitness said that they looked more like drug dealers. They were obviously mentally ill, whatever the case may be. They beheaded the guy in broad daylight next to a primary school, the police took 20mins to arrive, and they guys were waiting for them, while they were waiting for the police they were asking passers by on the busses etc to take pictures and film them(which would indicate some sort of extremism). When the police arrived they proceeded to run at the police, at which point they were shot, they are now in hospital.
edit on 22-5-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-5-2013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Rocker2013

I don't want to pre-empt anything but if this does indeed turn out to be an attack by some random Muslim extremists on a cadet because they were offended by his 'Help For Heroes' t-shirt do you really expect people to simply sit back and accept it, yet again?

What would you have people do if this is the case?

So you think that an entire group of people DESERVE TO BE ATTACKED IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY because the the actions of one or two?

Your view is EXACTLY the reason COBRA is meeting right now.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by Auricom

Originally posted by Rocker2013
...but I am actually more scared of the backlash against this and the potential for our country to lurch to the extreme right as a result of it.

Right, because the U.K. is just perfect as it is now.
Time for change, I'm no right winger (actually far from it) but it's time we realize what we're doing to our countries by allowing a very aggressive people move in. I know some places in Britain are really bad. Just like Sweden and Norway. It's a shame for the peaceful Muslims (if this is indeed a Muslim attack), but extremists don't wear uniforms.

Have I suggested that the UK is "perfect"?
Far from it! I know there are plenty of things wrong with this country.

Tell me, do you know anything about history and the increase in far right nationalist sentiment in Europe before WW2?

Germany was a peaceful, open and secular nation before Hitler. The backlash against the Jewish people was orchestrated and events (including propaganda and the threat for all "real Germans" to fit in) encouraged millions of others to join the anti-Jewish sentiment.

The BBC is now reporting statements from witnesses that this was a terrorist attack, that the men were filming their attack, that they were shouting Allahu Akbar...

If this does not result in reprisal attacks on Islamic communities then I will eat the nearest hat.

This is a major national security issue, not because of repeat attacks like this, but because of the reprisal attacks against Islamic citizens.

Woolwich and neighbouring plumstead has a huge Islamic population, people need to remember that these are extreamist, not your average Muslims, who carried out this attack.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Are you serious?

The UK is much safer than crazy America. I'd rather live permanently in the UK than in the US. It is a statistical fact that the more guns that are available, the more gun-related incidents there will be. We'd have more attacks, more suicides, more murders.

Personally, I've never felt the need to carry a deadly weapon. Legalizing guns in the UK would only lead to a mini-arms race. I've escaped a couple of knife-point robberies without the use of a gun, thank you very much - we don't want to turn into Wild West "Merica.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Op you should edit your thread title! This is now classed as a terrorist attack.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by conz1992

What 'guy'?

Nick Robinson, the political editor has said that - read this link and the live updates:
www.bbc.co.uk...

Racist BBC commentator Nick Robinson just keeps repeating "Of Muslim appearance".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Are you serious? So because the victim's a soldier, we all think the attackers were Muslim extremists?

Lord, the news sure does greatly influence people - the mere mention of "Help for Heroes T-Shirt" has got thousands making connection even without full information.

So now, what we have is this process - "Help for Heroes T-Shirt", "Solder was victim" - therefore, attackers were Muslim.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

Are you serious?

The UK is much safer than crazy America. I'd rather live permanently in the UK than in the US. It is a statistical fact that the more guns that are available, the more gun-related incidents there will be. We'd have more attacks, more suicides, more murders.

Personally, I've never felt the need to carry a deadly weapon. Legalizing guns in the UK would only lead to a mini-arms race. I've escaped a couple of knife-point robberies without the use of a gun, thank you very much - we don't want to turn into Wild West "Merica.

Depends how you want to define safeness. More chance of being robbed and assaulted in the UK generally, and shootings in America are rare as anything unless you're involved in gang related stuff.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So what we have now is: Immigrant=Murderous Psychopath?

In that case, we're all murderous psychopaths, right, seeing as several centuries of immigration from Europe and other parts has led to the Briton (Anglic tribes etc etc)?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So, I come here because all the stuff on social media over this and now I am even more confused. A military guy is beheaded in the street, potentially because of a meeting tonight? Or was the meeting tonight scheduled because of the beheading?

ATS, the only place to get news.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by conz1992

What 'guy'?

www.bbc.co.uk...

This one. audioboo.fm...=7m54s

This guy doesn't mention any "Allah" chants, or anything even remotely suggesting they had Islamic tendencies.
edit on 22-5-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
One of the witnesses who was really upset gave a taped interview earlier...Im sure he would have said something about and concernes he might have had regarding what the killers said, shouted or any impression they gave. I dont buy this...not even a small bit of it right now ..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tnhiker
So, I come here because all the stuff on social media over this and now I am even more confused. A military guy is beheaded in the street, potentially because of a meeting tonight? Or was the meeting tonight scheduled because of the beheading?

ATS, the only place to get news.

The latter.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens

So what we have now is: Immigrant=Murderous Psychopath?

In that case, we're all murderous psychopaths, right, seeing as several centuries of immigration from Europe and other parts has led to the Briton (Anglic tribes etc etc)?

No, clearly that isn't what was said. These people who did it are immigrants, that's a fact which you have to take into consideration. Many eyewitnesses have said they shouted Allah Akbar, asked onlookers to take pictures with the body and filming the 'exucution', and the victim was reported to be carrying an army backpack, wearing a HFH t-shirt and in an area where there is a military base...

Who cares how it's being portrayed you have to look at the FACTS, let the BBC or people on here make their own decision just look at the facts.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

So you think that an entire group of people DESERVE TO BE ATTACKED IN THEIR OWN COUNTRY because the the actions of one or two?

What part of my post made you think that?
Perhaps you conveniently skipped over the part where I specifically stated that I didn't support any sort of reprisal attacks, and hope that I never do.

But don't you expect people to be angry when an army cadet is targetted in his own country simply for wearing a t-shirt and then attacked in such a brutal and barbaric manner?

And I find the complete lack of compassion and consideration for the victim in this attack quite disconcerting.

You appear not to give a toss about him yet seem so concerned about the safety and well being of those poor Muslims etc, none of whom have been threatened or targetted in any way yet.

I'm sure those Muslims will appreciate your concern, me, I'll save my thoughts and wishes etc for the family of the deceased.

Your view is EXACTLY the reason COBRA is meeting right now.

I don't think so, maybe they are wondering how many more potential attackers there are out there - I sincerely hope none of them ever target you or any of your own.

edit on 22/5/13 by Freeborn because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join