It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by Rocker2013

Can we not make this a right-wing American gun totin' thread please?
Go wave that constitution somewhere more relevant.

I almost thought you were talking to me!
But I am a left wing gun totin American.
I wave my constitution anywhere I please because I can, speaking of constitutions, maybe this headless chap would still be breathing if he had a better one.
But on American threads where some foreigners butt in with their 2 cents and claim how serene their land is and how comfortable their chains are....
I guess I just had to pop in to say, "see I told you so!"

I told you so?

Please tell me how the constitution would stop a heavy motor car smashing into you, leaving you in agony and breathless on the street as two men begin hacking your head off.

Would you pop a cap in their ass?

I think not. Sounds like the victim was totally surprised.

Well, here in the US where we hold our heads high, we are generally vigilant, moreso if we are the freedom loving gun toting type.
We understand there are bad people out there and law enforcement cannot be on standby for everybody, just the rich.
I guarantee most gun toting Americans have enough situational awareness to catch onto a ton or two of steel and oil heading their direction.
Then you simply shoot the driver, it has been done many times by folks here, mostly law enforcement.
It is a freedom thing, not many outside of the US get it.

Just to note: I have never "popped a cap in someones ass" that is a red/blue thing of which I do not partake.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I'm wondering if this was perhaps a poorly planned Mumbai style attack by amateurs?

Probably not, but just raising the possibility due to the information you just shared.

I really hope not Bro,
but It certainly could be some kind of jihadi delusional types-judging by the victim being a soldier,and the seemingly preparedness of the criminals involved(having so many weapons with them).

It looks premeditated to me,but I will not go blaming taliban sympathisers yet.
Just think-if the government did proper screening of people they let live here,this would not happen...
Thing is,they have knowingly let murderers and terrorists come to live here,which makes them partly responsible IMHO.
Sad days...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
...but I am actually more scared of the backlash against this and the potential for our country to lurch to the extreme right as a result of it.

Right, because the U.K. is just perfect as it is now.
Time for change, I'm no right winger (actually far from it) but it's time we realize what we're doing to our countries by allowing a very aggressive people move in. I know some places in Britain are really bad. Just like Sweden and Norway. It's a shame for the peaceful Muslims (if this is indeed a Muslim attack), but extremists don't wear uniforms.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   

.....but I am actually more scared of the backlash against this and the potential for our country to lurch to the extreme right as a result of it.

Well actually I am more concerned about the dead man and his family!
edit on 22/5/13 by Freeborn because: fix quote

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I grew up right there in woolwich, I live by the sea now, I moved out five years ago. This is shocking!!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

but I am actually more scared of the backlash against this and the potential for our country to lurch to the extreme right as a result of it.

That was my initial fear , this could trigger real trouble in this country .
Enoch Powell's rivers of blood speech comes to mind .

edit on 22-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

I think this is why COBRA is in session. They're going to be terrified that there's about to be an anti-Muslim backlash tonight across the country.

We really shouldn't underestimate what this could do to mobilize the far right in this country, and gain a lot of support from the idiot masses too.

The government will now be looking to put down any protests quickly and quietly. If anyone wants to follow real news keep an eye on Twitter for London, Birmingham, Manchester and Luton tonight - it probably wont be on the BBC.

I can almost guarantee that the BNP and EDL will be organizing right now, and while the BBC is assuming this COBRA meeting is because of the nature of the attack, I think it's more plausibly a meeting about the potential ramifications of it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Wraggy ‏@wraggone 46s

Cobra meeting with Home Secretary, MI5, police etc. - sounds like this #woolwich thing is kickin off big time!

The home secretary is preparing massive police procedures, presumably to deal with any backlash tonight.

Already we have comments saying this is a terrorist/racial incident, and I fear this will fuel more hatred.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Just confirmed on Sky News that this is being treated as a terrorist attack. Did anyone else watching Sky News notice that they cut off the guy just as he was confirming that it is a terrorist attack?.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Police have confirmed that they are treating this incident as a terrorist attack
www.mirror.co.uk...

link   
delete... info already posted
edit on 22-5-2013 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

link   
Forgive me if I have missed any information in this thread, but other than logical speculation, are there any other reasons to believe these attackers were Muslim extremists?

Sure, what we have been told so far may fit the description, but I have not come any concrete evidence proving this to be true. Has anyone come across any witness testimony that may reinforce this theory?

I am finding some of the details that have emerged to be a little convenient pertaining to certain social issues which are currently a very big deal in the UK and most of Europe.

ETA:

As I was posting this multiple members have posted links to this being treated as an actual terrorist attack, so there must be a reason for these reports.

I will withold further judgment until more details are released.
edit on 5/22/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Oh crap-Sky News:
Likley a Islasmist attack.

They are worried about other incidents happening.

Stay safe brothers and sisters of London.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Sky news headline on screen right now.

'Sources killing was likely a politically motivated Islamist terror attack'

Something to to with some recent case with people from Dewsbury.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I don't want to pre-empt anything but if this does indeed turn out to be an attack by some random Muslim extremists on a cadet because they were offended by his 'Help For Heroes' t-shirt do you really expect people to simply sit back and accept it, yet again?

What would you have people do if this is the case?

I'm not advocating reciprocal attacks on random, innocent Muslims, and never will I hope, but don't you expect people to be just a little bit pissed off?

The best any of us can do is wait until more facts are revealed before we start talking about conspiracies or revenge attacks etc.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Forgive me if I have missed any information in this thread, but other than logical speculation, are there any other reasons to believe these attackers were Muslim extremists?

Sure, what we have been told so far may fit the description, but I have not come any concrete evidence proving this to be true. Has anyone come across any witness testimony that may reinforce this theory?

I am finding some of the details that have emerged to be a little convenient pertaining to certain social issues which are currently a very big deal in the UK and most of Europe.

I was thinking if they charged at the armed cops as the news said,they were either on drugs,having a suicide pact,or were jihadist sympathisers.
Sick sub humans to do that to a man with machetes.
If only the cops could have saved that soldier.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Could you expand on those "far-reaching implications" bit, please? I'm having a brain-damaged day at the moment, so can't think outside of the box too much...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Auricom

Originally posted by Rocker2013
...but I am actually more scared of the backlash against this and the potential for our country to lurch to the extreme right as a result of it.

Right, because the U.K. is just perfect as it is now.
Time for change, I'm no right winger (actually far from it) but it's time we realize what we're doing to our countries by allowing a very aggressive people move in. I know some places in Britain are really bad. Just like Sweden and Norway. It's a shame for the peaceful Muslims (if this is indeed a Muslim attack), but extremists don't wear uniforms.

Have I suggested that the UK is "perfect"?
Far from it! I know there are plenty of things wrong with this country.

Tell me, do you know anything about history and the increase in far right nationalist sentiment in Europe before WW2?

Germany was a peaceful, open and secular nation before Hitler. The backlash against the Jewish people was orchestrated and events (including propaganda and the threat for all "real Germans" to fit in) encouraged millions of others to join the anti-Jewish sentiment.

The BBC is now reporting statements from witnesses that this was a terrorist attack, that the men were filming their attack, that they were shouting Allahu Akbar...

If this does not result in reprisal attacks on Islamic communities then I will eat the nearest hat.

This is a major national security issue, not because of repeat attacks like this, but because of the reprisal attacks against Islamic citizens.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
BBC have just said they were of Muslim appearance and shouting alah Akbar.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

I don't know how credible the BBC are, but there are 'suspicions' that it is a terrorist attack, there are no confirmations as of yet if it was a terrorist attack, or even if it was a soldier that was killed.

The attackers were heard shouting 'Alluh Akhbar', and was reported filming the beheading in the street (eyewitness reports - multiple reports that should be taken seriously)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Well, the guy interviewed in okiedokie's link upthread certainly didn't mention any of that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join