It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I have to say the really gut punching thing I find disturbing about this video (The attacker speaking to the camera) Is the persons obviously thick London accent and him referring to English people as "You people" and to somewhere other than England as "Our lands"

You don't develop an accent like that over night so I would think it a safe bet that this guy has been through the English education system, lived and worked among English people and yet has still somehow been able to be separated enough from reality by some outside force to see the people around him as "the enemy"

I'm finding that kind of mind numbingly worrying honestly.

Just in case some people have trouble with the accent here is what he says

(unclear something about fight them)
"An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth"
"I apologize that women had to witness this today, but in our lands women have to see the same"
"You people will never be safe. Remove your governments, they don't care about you"

edit on 22/5/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

You should come to Bradford and I'll give you some places to go for a walk - see what you think then.

I was in Bradford today. I'll be there again in a fortnights time. It would be unreasonable to expect Rocker to travel to the dump that is Bradford, but I'm game. Where in particular would you like me to walk?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Cheers, it was.. I went to pizza express in the end to celebrate my 40th birthday. T'was yummy. We do what we can too - we have different cultures despite the almost shared language, vive la difference I say but it gets very boring when such reports always end up with the same old tub thumping.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
here's what i think;

this event, though not fake, was staged.

it is intended to be the trigger for widespread unrest.

it is already proving effective.

I was refraining from saying this, but I agree with this possibility.

That being said, I am not saying with certainty that it was staged, but from the very beginning there were many indications including but not limited to the weird behavior of the attackers...their drugged up demeanor reminds me of the "Underwear Bomber" from a few years back...

This was a long time coming in my opinion, hopefully you and I are both wrong and this just cools off.

Any word about those EDL punks causing any unrest yet?

link   

Originally posted by The X

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by The X

Do you believe that the clip shouldn't have made it onto the national news?

How often do you see a very intense anti government message played on TV directly from the lips of a terrorist.
NEVER, they don't negotiate with terrorists or (under normal circumsyances) allow politically motivated terrorist speech on air, especially from the perpetrators at the scene of an act of politically motivated terrorism. (except for peter powell and co on 7/7)
There is always a D Notice in place, it is very convenient that this message has been ALLOWED to go to air.

Wrong. I have seen many such "proclamations". where have you been? Presumably you switch the TV off as soon as something is shown that conflicts with your incorrect belief system.

link   

Originally posted by old_god
reply to post by The X

So he makes assumptions as facts and then takes a sweeping argument and is right? You are as bad as him then I am afraid and this is the problem.

No gives a damn about actually asking the right questions, everyone is interesting in the new enemy. I don't need to belittle anyone, he did a good job of it himself but I do get a little wound up at the presumptuous attitude of people.

Just because violence or intolerant behaviour doesn't mean that every and anyone is of that same group and denomination?

As for that man's comments about Jihad, couldn't be so far from the truth - he is quoting the hardlined interpretation of Islam, by Salafi's and Wahabi's who unfortunately are taking a hold of much of the youth in the UK now. True Islam teaches the opposite, that Jihad is the battle within, fighting ones own desires, addictions and vices.

But no one wants to hear that, people don't want to believe that the majority want peace so everyone desires a new enemy.

hey he is british, he is hurt and no doubt angry, he is entitled to his opinion, i am pretty sure that in 24hrs when he has had time to consider what he said, he may well see the error of it, i don't agree with it personally, i certainly didn't agree with you attempting to inflame him further.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by The X

reply to post by The X

Do you believe that the clip shouldn't have made it onto the national news?

How often do you see a very intense anti government message played on TV directly from the lips of a terrorist.
NEVER, they don't negotiate with terrorists or (under normal circumsyances) allow politically motivated terrorist speech on air, especially from the perpetrators at the scene of an act of politically motivated terrorism. (except for peter powell and co on 7/7)
There is always a D Notice in place, it is very convenient that this message has been ALLOWED to go to air.

Wrong. I have seen many such "proclamations". where have you been? Presumably you switch the TV off as soon as something is shown that conflicts with your incorrect belief system.

OK, post links to extreme anti governmental sentiment coming from the lips of a known terrorist in anything like as hot a situation.
And your "Belief system" is correct?, whatever it is?, don't make sweeping aspersions, because you don't know anything about me, and it makes me want to ignore you, and if i ignore you, you won't get educated.

edit on 22-5-2013 by The X because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

I have to say the really gut punching thing I find disturbing about this video (The attacker speaking to the camera) Is the persons obviously thick London accent and him referring to English people as "You people" and to somewhere other than England as "Our lands"

I picked up on that too. Very odd. I can't wait to find out where "our lands" are...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

reply to post by OneManArmy

I don't know about that. The MSM are sensationalist whores. They'll broadcast whatever they can get their hands on, as fast as they can, it's all about ratings and getting the story out before competitors.

No, thats not entirely true here in the UK. The govt can D notice a story and it will never see the light of day.
Which is normally what happens in regards to giving a voice to "extremists" as they are now being labelled.
My instincts are screaming at me that this will lead us somewhere we dont want to be. This is the only reason Im giving this story so much attention.
The PTB are already making political capital, and Im honestly a bit worried where this is going.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

You don't develop an accent like that over night so I would think it a safe bet that this guy has been through the English education system, lived and worked among English people and yet has still somehow been able to be separated enough from reality by some outside force to see the people around him as "the enemy"

That's not that unusual when it comes to humans. Humans tend to separate themselves and like to put themselves in a "us vs them" situation, I'm right your wrong mentality. You see this mentality everywhere, from sports, war, work to politics etc These guys went the extra mile.

edit on 22-5-2013 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

link   

Just in case some people have trouble with the accent here is what he says

(unclear something about fight them)
"An eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth"
"I apologize that women had to witness this today, but in our lands women have to see the same"
"You people will never be safe. Remove your governments, they don't care about you"

edit on 22/5/13 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

Quite. In my opinion NB opinion not fact he is a brainwashed local london citizen. Welcome to reality folks. No conspiracy, no false flag but your basic sad but ever more violent brainwashed youth.

link   
Some transcripts of what he said:

"We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you."

"The only reasons we killed this man this is because Muslims are dying daily. This British soldier is an eye for an eye a tooth for tooth.

"We apologize that women had to see this today but in our lands our women have to see the same. You people will never be safe. Remove your government. They don't care about you."

So was he a terrorist or perhaps he is a soldier, fighting a war. The war has come to your home. It isn't in some middle eastern country any longer.

This is a game changer.
edit on 22-5-2013 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

But he also talked about taking "our troops" home so WE can live in peace.....this isn't making sense at all.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I think the man means Muslim lands when he says "our lands", as a previous poster has suggested, though that is obviously conjecture.

edit on 22-5-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
EDL supporters are apparently marching down the streets in Woolwich

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Another question: They were able to get an interview with the "attacker", after the incident; but WHY don't they have footage of the attackers being shot by police? It's like they give the viewer "just enough" for them to form their biased opinions, based on their sensationalistic viewpoints. I didn't know this was a "religious" attack, but it's weird how it's suddenly become one. Sandy Hook shooter wasn't Muslim.
Jus' Sayin'.

link   

Also, no mention of Allah or religion when speaking to the camera. Just 'government'...

He mentions Allah a few times actually.....and "government" just once.

link   

Reportedly Nigeria / Somalia, they still stick to their culture even if they were brought to the UK as children, the whole sub culture thing in the UK from immigrants is very apparent, especially in places like London.

link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Yes there is a longer version of the video than the one I looked at earlier here where he seems to get confused about who US and THEM are at the end

link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Ok, I've never heard of a D notice before.

Point taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join