It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

It's only a matter of time before a "this is all scripted" member shows up, thought it would've been sooner though we're 25 pages in!

link   
Yes, I see people use the word minority when talking about Islamic extremism?

So how much is a minority? 1%, 5%, 10%. There are a lot of Muslims in the world, well over 1 billion. Seems to me that there are a lot of extremists to be worried about.

As to what will some soldiers do and what I stated earlier....have you served? Do you know what goes on which isn't reported. Some of you will know what I am talking about.

link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi
What is it with all the ACTING disguised as "attacks"? Why does everything seem SCRIPTED??? Where's the machete??? Where's the 10 pints of BLOOD from the decapitated body??? Here's a video of the attacker. Does this even make sense????

Seems pretty genuine to me - and very disturbing. As for blood, have another look, there's a huge blood trail emanating from the smashed winged of the crashed car.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
"Do not trust the government"

There is a separation of Church and State.

The means in which the Message was delivered is the exact means/tactics the gov't will use, financed by tax payers, and drug money.

Security is classified to protect the gov't, the illusion of this false sense resides in the people.

Their attack, was representative to the atrocities gov't are know to commit world wide to get what they want, it is however a shame that this kind of action needs to be taken in order for the people to get the message to stop trust, and funding the same people who are lying, murdering you, your friends, neighbours, relatives, brothers sisters, family.

I do not condone such acts of violence, that is my personal belief. There are those who will sacrifice themselves for what they believe in, in many ways. The just and unjust alike.

This act of terror was not meant to put fear in the eyes of the public about any religious hatred. It was stated the people should fear the gov't." Remove your gov't. They don't care about you."

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I would imagine that the poor fella tried to get out the way, hence them chasing him onto the pavement...Or they lost control after hitting him.

It's not that odd, really.

But did they follow him, or was it a random spontaneous event? Just because of a tshirt? the whole thing is strange. Did the man make any eye contact? or talk to them? Or was he blissfully unaware of what was going to happen?

Damn, I need to keep an eye open for crazy drivers,

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

link   
Appalled by what has happened, and equally appalled by some of the language and intent on this thread.

London is full of people of this mentality, Salafi's, Wahabi's etc as they are known (but not all are so extreme or abrasive in their views).

My thoughts are with the family of the man who died, there is no justification for that. I may not agree with the wankers at the top but I have a lot of respect for these people who make the the choice to become a solider, it's a sacrifice they make.

The UK just got a whole lot more dangerous, kiss tolerance goodbye, this act will have destroyed the fragile peace there was, race or religion given people more reasons to hate now (especially when the boogie man is seen to attack the pride of Britain...).

link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

The machete is in his hand, in plain sight and I doubt that is tomato sauce on his hands
That was no machete, it was a small little knife. I've seen a machete up close and personal. That, is no "machete". #Staged

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

It does, it's just you're so desperate for it not to be because of some pre-conceived notion this is all some coverup or conspiracy by aliens or something....

The guys will be Muslims, that much will be certain. They spouted off about the Government and the "harm" done in "their lands".. It is pretty obvious, really. I'm sure they will happily tell you the same when their trial comes. I assume you will then be back here to say "Yeah, sorry - it was Islamic Extremism"

link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
Apologizing on camera after the murder, chatting with onlookers, harming no one else....

Also, no mention of Allah or religion when speaking to the camera. Just 'government'...

So far, this doesn't have the hallmarks of Islamic terrorism.

Yes , beheading and chopping heads and screaming Alah Akbar has nothing to do with Islamic terorism.

link   

He actually had a 6+ inch bladed weapon and a cleaver in his hands - look again.

link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Very true, I hate that the word "terror attack" has been attached

A friend of mine made this statement which does make you think,

When a 75yr old man was murdered on his way home from the Mosque, did they label that as a "Terror Attack"? Didn't think so.www.express.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by CJCrawley

Precisely. As I have said time and time again - globalism is the major problem. It is all-pervading and all-penetrating and it will not stop until everyone is everywhere...literally. And any country which isn't in with the globalist agenda is deemed "bad" or "wrong".

I harbour a secret hope - perhaps naive - that people everywhere will one day wake up and realise this.

And oppose globalism.

Otherwise...to borrow a phrase from our American friends...

We're all going to hell in a hand basket.

link   
reply to post by stumason

So on your side of the pond, when someone gets attacked in the street, it is normal behaviour to run and scream like a bunch of little girls? C'mon... I'd like to think good American citizens wouldn't act like that. They'd react in pretty much the same way as we did over here. In fact, we saw plenty of such behaviour after Boston with people running towards the explosions to help those injured, even if they weren't official first responders.

Yes, most people would have screamed and ran like little girls. (and they would live and see their mothers, fathers, sons and daughters)

ARMED citizens though, would have pulled weapons and ordered the men down. Some, that weren't armed (as few people really are) would have grabbed some kind of long item to use as a weapon and subdue them.

However, NOBODY in their right mind, would have done a street interview with them.

A bomb is different than a continuing, in your face threat like the two guys who just hacked someone up right in front of you.

To another:

Also, no mention of Allah or religion when speaking to the camera. Just 'government'...

So far, this doesn't have the hallmarks of Islamic terrorism.

An act of violence, done to make a political statement, is the very DEFINITION of terrorism (and the perp praised Allah for the Islamic element). What do you mean it doesn't have the hallmarks of Islamic terrorism? Just where is it failing the definition?
edit on 22-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by WonderBoi

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

The machete is in his hand, in plain sight and I doubt that is tomato sauce on his hands
That was no machete, it was a small little knife. I've seen a machete up close and personal. That, is no "machete". #Staged

There is a big knife and small machete

link   
reply to post by Onami

This is what I've been dreading. I have a very painful feeling that we're witnessing the start of a war today, and for the first time, I'm very scared. That's from someone who grew up with IRA bombings in London as a child, and from an army family...

Even allowing for this poor soul's terrible death, something feels immensely wrong about this whole situation...I just can't find the words to describe what I'm feeling, but it goes way beyond religious or political issues. I can't imagine how bad his family and friends are tonight. They will be in my prayers for sure.

There has just been a clip of one or the attackers with blood on his hands on the BBC news saying that we have to bring "our" troops home and live in peace. This isn't just two psychos with a mad idea, this is something we're not seeing yet.

I don't know what to say...I feel sick and I'm still crying.

link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

It was literally outside Woolwich Barracks - it is a safe bet someone coming to/from there in a HtH T-shirt is a squaddie.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedog1973

Yes, some are paralyzed in those situations, some are not. I have been in a situation like that: boyfriend was threatening to kill his girlfriend in a drunken rage, I got involved, I got punched in the face a few times but the only way her was going to kill her was after killing me.

What I am saying though is society is becoming a sit back and watch and record, let the authorities take care of it. Usually the authorities don't make it in time, people should help one another.

link   
For everyone talking about guns:

Deaths by firearms per 100.000 people:
UK - 0,79
USA - 4,79

If that is not enough: 87 people die in USA by firearm every day. Just today a guy got shot during an interview by the FBI agent.

I think USA is the only country in the world where you can buy bullets while you buy food.

P.S.: I know that my post was off-topic. Just wanted to present some facts.

link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Then we do things differently over here...

Even without guns, it is highly commendable of the people concerned to remonstrate with the attackers and attempt to help when possible.

EDIT: In fact, it is typically British..

"By George, you just chopped that man's head off. I say, that is rather uncouth of you, good sir"....
edit on 22/5/13 by stumason because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join