It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Okay, this is starting to look a little more concerning now...

Nick Raynsford MP for Greenwich and Woolwich is telling LBC that he has spoken to a senior officer at the nearby barracks and the victim is a serving soldier.

I know this is concerning from a national security standpoint if this does turn out to be religiously motivated terrorism, but I am actually more scared of the backlash against this and the potential for our country to lurch to the extreme right as a result of it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Here is another picture of the scene, this one was taken from the air.

twitter.com...

The picture doesn't tell us much, but thought I would share nonetheless.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

but I am actually more scared of the backlash against this and the potential for our country to lurch to the extreme right as a result of it.

That was my initial fear , this could trigger real trouble in this country .
Enoch Powell's rivers of blood speech comes to mind .

edit on 22-5-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
BBC Tweet: BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking 21m
UK officials say Woolwich incident not connected to intelligence-led operation - via @FrankRGardner Live updates: bbc.in...

Incident not connected to intelligence-led operation? Was there suppose to be a operation today

+10 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Can we not make this a right-wing American gun totin' thread please?
Go wave that constitution somewhere more relevant.

I almost thought you were talking to me!
But I am a left wing gun totin American.
I wave my constitution anywhere I please because I can, speaking of constitutions, maybe this headless chap would still be breathing if he had a better one.
But on American threads where some foreigners butt in with their 2 cents and claim how serene their land is and how comfortable their chains are....
I guess I just had to pop in to say, "see I told you so!"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
'BBC eyewitness:

Thomas contacted the BBC. He was at the scene. This is what he said: "I got there minutes after it happened because you could hear gun shots from Woolwich high street, basically two men carried out an axe attack on a young army cadet walking along the street, by the looks of things the police responded and then shot them in front of the public, at the same time I couldn't really tell if the cadet was fatally or not hurt as police were crowded around him."

Army cadet/serving soldier in Help for Heroes t-shirt gets beheaded by angry Muslims offended by something. Probably the t-shirt cos that's the recurring news theme.

That's my guess.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
UK officials say Woolwich incident not connected to intelligence-led operation - via @FrankRGardner Live updates: bbc.in...

This sounds like a pretty strange denial statement to release as part of the breaking news on the BBC.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast

Originally posted by usaman1983

This sounds like a pretty strange denial statement to release as part of the breaking news on the BBC.

My thoughts, too. If they thought they were heading off any such suggestions at the pass, all they've done is come across as a little paranoid.

link   
reply to post by g146541

obviously your far superior constitution has prevented any deaths by gun toting maniacs and criminals in your own nation

yawn.. i've had my obligatory poke at the "we have to make it all about guns" peepsicles, now i'm off to order pizza

link   
metro.co.uk...

Mr Heneghan claimed one of the suspects had pointed a gun at his wife before they jumped back into his car and called the police.

He went on to claim that after the men had attacked the victim they dragged him into the middle of the street ‘like a piece of meat’.

A group of women then rushed to the victim to shield him from further attacks, Mr Heneghan continued, as the two knifemen stopped a passing bus and encouraged passengers to take pictures of them while they posed with their knives.

Jesus.
edit on 22-5-2013 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Can we not make this a right-wing American gun totin' thread please?
Go wave that constitution somewhere more relevant.

I almost thought you were talking to me!
But I am a left wing gun totin American.
I wave my constitution anywhere I please because I can, speaking of constitutions, maybe this headless chap would still be breathing if he had a better one.
But on American threads where some foreigners butt in with their 2 cents and claim how serene their land is and how comfortable their chains are....
I guess I just had to pop in to say, "see I told you so!"

I told you so?

Please tell me how the constitution would stop a heavy motor car smashing into you, leaving you in agony and breathless on the street as two men begin hacking your head off.

Would you pop a cap in their ass?

I think not. Sounds like the victim was totally surprised.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
Here is another picture of the scene, this one was taken from the air.

twitter.com...

The picture doesn't tell us much, but thought I would share nonetheless.

Sky new guy just said each of those bags in that pic contain individual weapons-I count at least 10 on the news I think.
Oh,hang on-they have this seconed zoomed in on some of the bags,and at least 2 looked to me to be carrying single bullet shells?
Others look like blades of some kind.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I just wanted to send and extra thank you to all the UK participants in this thread as you all have a better understanding of the possible implications of today's incident.

After the story broke I was starting to believe that this was just a random act of violence, but due to the details that are constantly emerging it appears that there may actually be some element of conspiracy behind this after all.

As for all the tit for tat gun chat, this is not the place for it.

UK/American gun laws are not what this thread is about.

That being said I don't own this site so you can all comment how ever you like

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I suppose the t-shirt could be offensive to the people's whose loved-ones got done-in by one of these heroes...

A hero in one location may be a villain in another...?

I'm guessing.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

I'm wondering if this was perhaps a poorly planned Mumbai style attack by amateurs?

Probably not, but just raising the possibility due to the information you just shared.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Im in the UK,and to me this looks like more than a simple road rage incident-whoever was in that car were armed and ready to attack by the looks of things...
I hope the guy with the Help for heros(wounded/ill soldiers charity in the UK)was not a specific target,or this may be extremist related,although we do not know that yet.

Just goes to show,you can ban all the weapons you like, sick bastards can always find a way to get hold of something dangerous.
I expect if this happened in the US:
1 the cops would NOT take 20 mins to arrive with guns(!!!),as they did in London today.

2 a civilian may have taken out the machete weilding psychos with a legally held firearm..

This did not go down well for the victim or the cops today I am sorry to say.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The country wouldn't lurch to the extreme right, but it might just bring the ones who are already there out from beneath their rocks.

+16 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy
I suppose the t-shirt could be offensive to the people's whose loved-ones got done-in by one of these heroes...

A hero in one location may be a villain in another...?

I'm guessing.

yeah well, i find hijabs and those jewish ugly hats offensive and gross yet you don't see me running around Europe chopping those people up with machetes.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You can listen to an interview from one of the eyewitnesses here
Interview

~OkieDokie

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by skalla
reply to post by g146541

obviously your far superior constitution has prevented any deaths by gun toting maniacs and criminals in your own nation

yawn.. i've had my obligatory poke at the "we have to make it all about guns" peepsicles, now i'm off to order pizza

Ummm, actually yes it has.
You see not every time a gun is used it is fired, no shoot, no report.
Sure some sociopaths fall through the cracks but it happens, we do what we can.
Enjoy that pizza, I hope it is awesome!

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join