It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Just saw on one of the news sites a headline saying

"the queen is being kept informed"

what the hell is she going to do about it?

make a pot of tea

Maybe she'll send her husband to Somalia. That would learn 'em.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

Originally posted by khimbar
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

The car is what they chased him with before they started with the knives etc as far as I know.

And watch the video of one of them. This wasn't a road rage incident, it was planned.

I did watch the video. It was pretty short, unless it's edited.

I suppose what doesn't make sense to me is the crashing of the car. Surely these guys didn't want to crash before carried out their planned attack? If there is film of the car before the incident, this could be unravelled.
They didn't crash, they ran the man over to knock him down, then got out of the car and chopped him up.

The damage on the car is probably off the victim. [/quote

But all this is assumptions isn't it? Did any eye witnesses see the car mowing the guy down and the Islamic chants? Sorry, I'll remain sceptical for now.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by Rocker2013

The chances of the cops arriving on scene so quickly and also being armed, are slim to non-existent, which suggests they were already being followed by armed police.

Idiot..it was 20min before they got there...I had to make a account to say this .

link   
It's a callous, cowardly murder.

Such things happen.

To treat it as anything else, or to react otherwise, is to fall into the trap these religious nutters have set.

link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

Really, what does a Somali look like, these guys.

Suspected pirates wait to be moved at the port in Mombassa, Kenya, Tuesday, March 10, 2009, after they were handed over to Kenyan police by the German navy who arrested them off the coast of Somalia the previous week. The frequency of attacks has actually increased since last year: 31 reported were reported in January and February compared to 111 for the whole of 2008, but the pirates are finding it harder to seize vessels. (AP Photo) #

Pirates of Somolia
edit on 22-5-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

But all this is assumptions isn't it? Did any eye witnesses see the car mowing the guy down and the Islamic chants? Sorry, I'll remain sceptical for now.
Yes, eye witnesses did see all this, it happened in broad daylight in a busy street. I think you are looking too deep into this one mate.

I am here watching the news now, and it's clear what has happened. A car ran a man over in a busy street, two men got out and started stabbing the victim, then pulled out guns. Police came, shot them and they are now in hospital, and the victim is dead. What's not clear is why they did it.
edit on 22-5-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Muslim Council of Britain condemns attack in Woolwich as "a barbaric act that has no basis in Islam"

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

18.59 Video filmed by an onlooker and broadcast by ITV News shows a man with his hands covered in blood and holding a bloodied knife and machete. He says in a London accent: “I apologise that women had to witness that, but in our lands our women have to see the same thing.

“You people will never be safe. Remove your Government, they don’t care about you.”

He then walks off, still carrying his weapons, back towards the body of the victim who is lying in the middle of the road.

While I agree that the government needs to be removed, I completely disagree and am offended by his comment regarding women, as if they are inferior, weaker and fragile creatures. They certainly are not. And while women certainly could easily be traumatised by witnessing such barbarism, so can men. The fact is NOBODY regardless of gender should have to witness what he did, or what ours/their forces do in their lands.

Yes we do need to get rid of the government, or at least the corrupt within it (which in all likelihood equates to the majority of it), and at least in this case, they did not target innocent people. I would prefer it if violence was not used or necessary, but entropy is the nature of the universe.

One day I hope the human race gets its act together but that day is a very long way off, and unlikely to happen at all without it becoming all but extinct.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

You don't need to remain skeptical

This was a religiously motivated attack.. No government conspiracy.
edit on 22-5-2013 by vagabondrobb because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Muslim Council of Britain condemns attack in Woolwich as "a barbaric act that has no basis in Islam"

www.bbc.co.uk...

i have to say its good to read that, its like what i was saying earlier about how this really is just a small minority of a otherwise peaceful faith that is to blame.

the Muslim community will be just as outraged as the rest of

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
From BBC:

The Muslim Council of Britain's statement continued: "Our thoughts are with the victim and his family. We understand the victim is a serving member of the Armed Forces. Muslims have long served in this country's Armed Forces, proudly and with honour. This attack on a member of the Armed Forces is dishonourable, and no cause justifies this murder."

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Yes they did, and yes they did.

Without sounding obtuse, which part are you sceptical about?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vagabondrobb

edit on 22-5-2013 by paratus because: (no reason given)

Did you watch the video?
There is no religious mention...
edit on 22-5-2013 by paratus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by vagabondrobb

no vid
bad link

works for me.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

www.bbc.co.uk...

Great thing about Islam:

There are two forms of lying to non-believers that are permitted under certain circumstances, taqiyya and kitman. These circumstances are typically those that advance the cause Islam - in some cases by gaining the trust of non-believers in order to draw out their vulnerability and defeat them.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Yes they did, and yes they did.

Without sounding obtuse, which part are you sceptical about?

The mentioning Allah bit and the running down the victim in a planned terror attack.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Works now...

However no mention of religious motivation

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

www.bbc.co.uk...

i have to say its good to read that, its like what i was saying earlier about how this really is just a small minority of a otherwise peaceful faith that is to blame.

the Muslim community will be just as outraged as the rest of

They will say that though won't they? What else do you think they're going to say?
edit on 22/5/13 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Its going to get very messy and if you are a fellow Londoner be on guard this evening as there word of a major riot on the streets tonight, EDL leader is said to be heading to London now....

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Works now...

However no mention of religious motivation

Thankyou, that is what I've been tying to say!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join