It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
There are pictures of a crashed car with smashed windscreen on the news together with the information that the incident was believed to have started after the car crashed. If that's true it doesn't really fit with a planned 'terror attack'..... Unless the smashed car was the victims ?
Also 'allegedly' they shouted 'Alllah Akhbar' but no witness was identified as the source of that report. No witnesses seem to be reporting this themselves either.
Could this possibly be a road rage attack where racial and cultural tensions boiled into something terrible. Many young British males of African origin see them selves as disenfranchised and identify with extremist muslimsm even though they may not technically be practising muslims. I think it's too early to say that this was a 'terror attack'.
They had knives and guns, they were planning to do something.

They might have been two coked up, drug dealing dudes who are always 'up for something'.

As far as I'm aware they have not proved to be 'terrorists' .

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

On a slightly different tack;
I know more than just a few Black Londoner's who have for some time now been expressing concern about the activities etc of Black Muslims who have moved to London relatively recently from Somalia / Sudan etc.

Count me in regarding concerns about some of the more extreme views being expressed by these new immigrants. I have heard these cretins firsthand. On a personal note mate I never found you a racist in your previous posts back in the day and don't find you so now. This is all messed up. Woolwich is a cool place usually.

Rgds

T
edit on 22-5-2013 by Tiger5 because: Add some clarifiaction

edit on 22-5-2013 by Tiger5 because: adda bit more information

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Come people after 8 pages can people please refrain from taking pot shots at each other?

Is that too much to ask?

A guy getting hacked to pieces in the topic.

Not guns.
Not right wingers.
Not who is 'more civilized'
Not 'muslims' are bad.

Real info please, and please leave the petty ideology out of the thread.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

Oh ffs, have you seen the video of the one guy saying why they did it, in allahs name, and that they're doing it cos of the government and we're not safe? An eye for an eye etc?

From the Telegraph website

18.59 Video filmed by an onlooker and broadcast by ITV News shows a man with his hands covered in blood and holding a bloodied knife and machete. He says in a London accent: “I apologise that women had to witness that, but in our lands our women have to see the same thing.

“You people will never be safe. Remove your Government, they don’t care about you.”

He then walks off, still carrying his weapons, back towards the body of the victim who is lying in the middle of the road.

In other parts of the video, said to be too shocking to show, it is claimed he says: “This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.”
edit on 22-5-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

They might have been two coked up, drug dealing dudes who are always 'up for something'.

As far as I'm aware they have not proved to be 'terrorists' .
I think saying it was a terrorist attack is a bit too early too, but i do think it was religiously motivated and was planned.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I am in fact quite disturbed by a comment on BBC news channel,that "sources said they were of Muslim appearance."(of the attackers)
That sounds to me a generalisation in the extreme

Unless they were doing the allahsnackbar thing. Which they were. And then said it was in the name of allah. Which they apparently did.

Not so much a generalisation then is it?

It really is...what is a Muslim appearance?

Apparently it's shouting allahsnackbar in a street while beheading someone in the name of allah.

Hope it helps.

In other countries beheading is considered a medical procedure.
Surgically altering the state of the nation.

link   

The car is what they chased him with before they started with the knives etc as far as I know.

And watch the video of one of them. This wasn't a road rage incident, it was planned.

I did watch the video. It was pretty short, unless it's edited.

I suppose what doesn't make sense to me is the crashing of the car. Surely these guys didn't want to crash before they carried out their planned attack? If there is film of the car before the incident, this could be unravelled.
edit on 22-5-2013 by DrHammondStoat because: (no reason given)

link   
Just saw on one of the news sites a headline saying

"the queen is being kept informed"

what the hell is she going to do about it?

make a pot of tea

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Exactly - violence towards a political aim, no matter what or how it is done, is pretty much the definition of terrorism.

I have watched that video of the dude saying why he did it, just yards from the body of the young lad killed... My blood is boiling at this....

link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

You're username said it all
can't agree more.

link   

The car is what they chased him with before they started with the knives etc as far as I know.

And watch the video of one of them. This wasn't a road rage incident, it was planned.

I did watch the video. It was pretty short, unless it's edited.

I suppose what doesn't make sense to me is the crashing of the car. Surely these guys didn't want to crash before carried out their planned attack? If there is film of the car before the incident, this could be unravelled.
They didn't crash, they ran the man over to knock him down, then got out of the car and chopped him up.

The damage on the car is probably off the victim.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Kings Troop, Royal Horse Artillery are based there and they do a lot of ceremonial stuff - maybe she is fond of the unit or just cares as a human being?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think the title should be changed to

"Soldier Beheaded in the Street by Muslim Extremists... in LONDON!!

Police did shoot the suspects though...

Damn not long got in from work and just saw this on C4 news!!

WTF man???

Is this the UK or Kabul?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Just watched it on the evening news, the murdered guy was only in his 20's and described as wearing a help for heroes Tshirt (Help for hero's is a charity in the UK that raises money for injured and disabled service personnel if any one need's to know), the local MP has said he was an off duty soldier though that has not been made official as of yet, he was run down by two Islamic' guy's in a car and then they got out when over to him and stabbed him multiple times while he was lying injured, one of the Islamic men appearing to be African spoke on a video that has been aired claiming it was an eye for an eye and we should stop attacking there people, I have never hurt any Muslims and I doubt that young man whom they murdered had even if he was a soldier,.

I think we all feel equally disgusted that someone has come into our country and murdered one of our son's.
I won't make any statement's here as this young man has been the victim and we don't know what his opinions are but I am anti immigration though not racist and do not see any possible compatibility between the Muslim faith and the traditional Christian moral's and values that were once so important to the England I once loved and feel it gone now forever.

I leave my word's here with this before we make his death a bandstand for our opinion's as surely many will in the coming week's let us first consider that we do not know this young victim's opinion's and they should hold the weight here, only his parent's or spouse may make such.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Oh ffs, have you seen the video of the one guy saying why they did it, in allahs name, and that they're doing it cos of the government and we're not safe? An eye for an eye etc?

From the Telegraph website

18.59 Video filmed by an onlooker and broadcast by ITV News shows a man with his hands covered in blood and holding a bloodied knife and machete. He says in a London accent: “I apologise that women had to witness that, but in our lands our women have to see the same thing.

“You people will never be safe. Remove your Government, they don’t care about you.”

He then walks off, still carrying his weapons, back towards the body of the victim who is lying in the middle of the road.

In other parts of the video, said to be too shocking to show, it is claimed he says: “This British soldier is an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth.”

FFS no! I have seen a version of the video which is edited and doesn't mention anything related to Allah. We are told the other bits of the video are too shocking to show, but that is the footage where he supposedly says 'an eye for an eye'.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I suppose what doesn't make sense to me is the crashing of the car.

The two attackers ran the victim over first then got out the car, dragged the victim into the middle of the street and then beheaded him.

Hope that's clear enough.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
seems interesting as well that the Current UK threat level has not been raised we're still at substantial which is 3rd highest.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
This thread contains all the ignorance you would expect from a conspiracy site, but also a hell of a lot of small mindedness.

The offence is a separate issue and the causes are as yet unknown. Yet there seems to be a lot of people here who know next to nothing about Islam, nor Muslims in the UK, or even how small a minority those within the Muslim community hold extremist views.

We've heard bloodthirsty cries for vengeance upon the perpetrators. Ignorance.
We've heard cries of 'sending them back'. Ignorance
We've heard extrapolations of a clearly obscure and extremely rare occurance being cast wide and far to somehow include every Muslim. Pathetic.
We've even seen weak arguments of how guns could have reduced the risk of this happening. How predictable.

The facts are, this is an extremely rare occurance and for a reason; despite predictable claims that the UK is overrun with Muslims, those that are here are in large part non violent in any capacity. To claim otherwise is just more ignorance.

This thread is about the event and if ATS users have an inability to even study the evidence gathered, do some very basic analysis without venturing into bigoted extremism themselves, they might as well join the number of nationalist websites and parties where a circlejerk of ignorant opinions can be shared without challenge.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
As a Londoner this has shocked and disgusted me, My thoughts are with the family of the poor man that was killed,

The 2 Crazy men that did this are not Muslim by any means, They have no idea what the word means Its forbidden to kill,
I hope that ignorance does not prevail in all of this,

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I have never hurt any Muslims and I doubt that young man whom they murdered had even if he was a soldier,.

Neither have I, but then many people in Afghanistan and Iraq hadn't hurt people in this country yet they have been killed.

What has happened to this young man is a heinous crime, yet I don't think we can sit back and turn a blind eye to things that our country is doing in the world in our name.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join