It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police respond to 'serious incident' in Woolwich

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Well it is obvious to me that the guys accent is very londoner. Regardless of his racial origin, he is very much english in upbringing. If you watch his mouth you can see he is obviously coked up. I can only say that this makes me think of the recent plot to kidnap and behead Joss Stone, also by extremely mentally ill guys.
After hearing this video I can only come to one of two conclusions...they were on "anti-depressants" already mentally ill and under some sort of "psychiatric" program, and then brainwashed to some extreme beliefs. Brainwashed by whom? the jury is still out on that.
They could be just some nuts who believed some of the "crazy theories" on the internet and got radicalized that way. Anything is possible for a psychopath, and there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he was a psychopath.

link   
reply to post by Kram09

That is the biggest and most common fear that security services have after any attack is that its only the tip of the iceberg, we saw it after 7/7 a few weeks later we had another round of attempted bombings that got very close.

its a very legitimate fear perhaps even more so in a case like this as it could be that this was the start of something coordinated.

link   

Originally posted by Kram09
BBC News Live Updates

John O'Connor, former commander of the Flying Squad, warns there is no way of knowing if this is "a one-off incident". He tells BBC News: "It seems to me that this is a departure from the established type of attacks that you see."

Yes that's right let's instill more fear and paranoia in people...

As they say...

"Never let a crisis go to waste"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Radical islams and Islam itself is greatest danger on western cociety .

Well I respectfully disagree - but I would suggest that any dangers that may arise from radical Islam may have some connection to Western foreign policy.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I guess everyone comes from all different walks of life. To be honest it seems you're trying to sugarcoat this incident. You have to understand there are many different views regarding Islam. Regardless the numbers there are these types of Muslims willing to kill anyone who doesn't share the same views of their concept of Islam.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

I am not trying to Sugarcoat anything I am very aware of the dangers posed by radical Islam, my only point of contention is that it is wrong in my view to paint the whole of the Islamic community in the UK with the same brush and call their faith "evil" based on the actions of a small minority.

link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by Rocker2013

The chances of the cops arriving on scene so quickly and also being armed, are slim to non-existent, which suggests they were already being followed by armed police.

It took 20 minutes for armed police to arrive.

Please look into things before commenting.

link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by Rocker2013

I've had enough from you Apologists.... always sticking up for the Muslims whether they are Radical or not.

No, sticking up for innocent people that you seem to want to attack for their religious beliefs.
The fact that you have stars for your opinion seems to show that my worries about nationalist extremism are justified.

I'm not sticking up for any extremists, whether they're British Nationalists or Muslim Extremists. The fact that this is what you think about someone being logical and moderate proves my point about being concerned.

And thanks for now including "apologists" in your attacks too.

See how quickly this brand of nationalism becomes more and more diverse? First it's just the religious group you want to attack, then it spreads to other people who you feel are "protecting" them too...

Fck Religious Idiots.... its what got us into this mess in the first place.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

Radical islam is a danger yes, but not the greatest. The greatest danger is the corruption and greed that will cause the western system to collapse from within. It is already collapsing around us. The greedy and corrupt have antagonised, and you can argue even created the radicals, so no doubt they will take advantage of such a collapse to enact their revenge in full. Along the way you will get people like todays who carry out their own individual revenge/perceived justice, but you can bet there is a greater plan waiting to be put into motion once the time is right.

Remember, we are at war.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

I agree Khimbar,and I am a non Muslim.
This is an act of delusional people.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I saw the video. He says "in my land". You can take the man out of Africa but can you take Africa out of the man? This is the wrong kind of tribal.

He killed someone with butcher knives, called it a day, did it in broad daylight, hey at least he was semi-civil, compared to the atrocities of the history of mankind, and did it in the street, and without being secretive about his actions. Drugs.

See if those Woolwich people had guns, this probably wouldn't have happened long enough for the man to try to be all typical about killing people in front of women.

There are some things that can't be unseen. That video was one for a collection of disturbing things.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Sandalphon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Well I respectfully disagree - but I would suggest that any dangers that may arise from radical Islam may have some connection to Western foreign policy.

There is a connection but that is another long subject.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Now I see where you're coming from here. I understand that Europe would have more immigrants with Muslim with countries with strong influence from traditional conservative views of Islam. Which these people would become more prominent at Mosques and teach their radical views that would overlap anything positive from the Muslim community. Islam is a religion like every other religion. Like Christianity it is diverse. However, there are not many denominations and it's difficult to differentiate from good Muslims who want to live a good life and others who want to spoil it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
There are pictures of a crashed car with smashed windscreen on the news together with the information that the incident was believed to have started after the car crashed. If that's true it doesn't really fit with a planned 'terror attack'..... Unless the smashed car was the victims ?
Also 'allegedly' they shouted 'Alllah Akhbar' but no witness was identified as the source of that report. No witnesses seem to be reporting this themselves either.
Could this possibly be a road rage attack where racial and cultural tensions boiled into something terrible. Many young British males of African origin see them selves as disenfranchised and identify with extremist muslimsm even though they may not technically be practising muslims. I think it's too early to say that this was a 'terror attack'.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I don't think anyone is blaming or targetting the whole Muslim population here in the UK.
The vast majority recognise that it is only a minority who are responsible for these acts.
But we will never make any sort of progress until we are able to discuss these things in an open, honest manner without accusations of racism and bigotry being cast anytime anyone 'dare's' voice some uncomfortable and un-PC truths.

On a slightly different tack;
I know more than just a few Black Londoner's who have for some time now been expressing concern about the activities etc of Black Muslims who have moved to London relatively recently from Somalia / Sudan etc.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat
There are pictures of a crashed car with smashed windscreen on the news together with the information that the incident was believed to have started after the car crashed. If that's true it doesn't really fit with a planned 'terror attack'..... Unless the smashed car was the victims ?
Also 'allegedly' they shouted 'Alllah Akhbar' but no witness was identified as the source of that report. No witnesses seem to be reporting this themselves either.
Could this possibly be a road rage attack where racial and cultural tensions boiled into something terrible. Many young British males of African origin see them selves as disenfranchised and identify with extremist muslimsm even though they may not technically be practising muslims. I think it's too early to say that this was a 'terror attack'.
They had knives and guns, they were planning to do something.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrHammondStoat

you make some very good points but i honestly don't think so at this stage just because of what we have seen in the video of the man ranting on Camera its also similar to a plot in 2007 that was disrupted by the security services.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

The car is what they chased him with before they started with the knives etc as far as I know.

And watch the video of one of them. This wasn't a road rage incident, it was planned.

link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Personally I blame the people that created radical islam as a political tool. Oh wasnt that the CIA along with MI6 and Mossad? Who were under orders of who?
There are many easily led people in this world, organised religion is testament to that, so is the left-right paradigm of politics, radical religion just cements that reality. Just reading some of the peoples comments, even here at ATS, ignorance is plenty. The ignorant will believe anything if it is made to emotionally effect them. The thinking man makes judgements based on rationality and facts, the ignorant make judgements based on fear.

link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

We will never make any sort of progress until we are able to discuss these things in an open, honest manner without accusations of racism and bigotry being cast anytime anyone 'dare's' voice some uncomfortable and un-PC truths.

On a slightly different tack;
I know more than just a few Black Londoner's who have for some time now been expressing concern about the activities etc of Black Muslims who have moved to London relatively recently from Somalia / Sudan etc.

THIS. Let's be direct and more open.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join