It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed DHS Guards Protect IRS From Tea Party Protesters...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
Jihadists. Westborough Baptists. Tea Party. Eco-Terror. Whatever. It doesn't matter. Extremists are extremists. If you advertise yourselves as violently opposing the government, expect to be targets.

How do you equate Jihadists with Teapartiers?

You are the one that brought Muslim Extremists into the conversation. I followed suit. If they don't belong here, it was your folly, not mine.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruderalis1

Anyone that doesn't understand that the "Tea Party" is just the newest label for a lot of previously existing right-wing extremists hasn't been to their websites. You can only threaten violent revolution so many times before people begin to take actions to protect from that kind of behavior.

DHS = SA and SS

The Sturmabteilung (SA) (German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] ( listen); Storm Detachment or Assault Division, or Brownshirts) functioned as the original paramilitary wing of the Nazi Party. It played a key role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Their main assignments were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies; the disruption of opposing political parties and the fight against their paramilitary units (esp. the Rotfrontkämpferbund); and the intimidation of Jewish citizens (e.g. the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses).

To me the DHS is turning into the new SA/SS. I also believe history repeats itself and we are not immune to that fact here in the USA

Well, which political party does the DHS serve? It doesn't serve a political party or a political agenda. It protects the people's government from the extremist elements that have vocally stated opposition.

I'm not condoning or berating their message. It isn't my point or purpose here. I am simply stating that these groups are looking to directly undermine a lawfully elected government of the United States, sometimes with the threatened use of force. It isn't like they are a bunch of pacifists having a sit-in.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Well, Napalitono already identified the potential for domestic violence by those Tea Party folks. Look at their violent history!! They are always burning stuff, vandalizing property, breaking windows, taking dumps on police cars, etc!

Oh wait…..nevermind….that was OWS!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Jihadists. Westborough Baptists. Tea Party. Eco-Terror. Whatever. It doesn't matter. Extremists are extremists. If you advertise yourselves as violently opposing the government, expect to be targets.

Are you REALLY going to lump all of those together?? REALLY?

And when did the Tea Party advertise “violently opposing the government”??

Are you scared of their appearance? Do they look like terrorists prepared for a violent overthrow of the government??

How many AR15’s and AK’s did you count??

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Considering there has never been a violent T.E.A. party protest in the past it's obvious why the armed security guards were needed.

Looks like another government agency besides the IRS is targeting groups based on their political beliefs.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Well, which political party does the DHS serve? It doesn't serve a political party or a political agenda. It protects the people's government from the extremist elements that have vocally stated opposition.

I bet this lady is one of the ring leaders of the violent extremist element of the Tea Party!!

IRS went after 83-year-old Tea Party granny

Internal Revenue Service officials not only wanted a wide variety of information from the Albuquerque Tea Party's application for non-profit status, it also wanted to know what contacts it had with people from other political organizations too.

That included an 83-year-old great-grandmother who was once held in a World War II internment camp, New Mexico Watchdog has discovered.

"I've always paid my taxes and everything," Marianne Chiffelle told New Mexico Watchdog. "What I do think is, it doesn't surprise me...because of this government we have at the moment."
washingtonexaminer.com...

I’ll be glad when they get these violent extremists off the streets!

edit on 22-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Are you REALLY going to lump all of those together?? REALLY?

And when did the Tea Party advertise “violently opposing the government”??

Are you scared of their appearance? Do they look like terrorists prepared for a violent overthrow of the government??

This is the problem with a group like the Tea Party, Occupy, or Anonymous. Without any internal structure, anyone claiming to be a part of the group can bring down the entire group from within.

The guy that flew the plane into the IRS building in Texas, Joseph Stack, self identified Tea Party member.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

This is the problem with a group like the Tea Party, Occupy, or Anonymous. Without any internal structure, anyone claiming to be a part of the group can bring down the entire group from within.

A guy holding a sign makes the entire movement violent extremists??? Do you know what the First Amendment says? What actual acts of violence has the Tea Party ever engaged in? Saying something is different than doing something. I think their record of peaceful protests speaks for itself.

The guy that flew the plane into the IRS building in Texas, Joseph Stack, self identified Tea Party member.

Maybe he identified with the Tea Party (Taxed Enough Already) because he had a decade long personal battle with the IRS. That doesn’t mean he represents the Tea Party or the other 99.9% who are non-violent.

I just think it's pretty dishonest to equate the Tea Party (no criminal activity) with Jihadists (who claim responsibility for thousands of murders).

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You asked me when the Tea Party ever advertised violence. I have shown you several examples. I have even shown you an example of a Tea Party who commited an act of domestic terrorism.

You are being disingenuous if you are going to continue to state that the People were in the wrong to take precautions against a group with no leadership that has made violent threats and taken violent action against the legally elected government of the people in the past.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

You asked me when the Tea Party ever advertised violence. I have shown you several examples. I have even shown you an example of a Tea Party who commited an act of domestic terrorism.

This loon didn't represent the Tea Party! I don't even know that he claimed to be a member. Can you prove he was a member? He has been battling the IRS since the 90's; long before the Tea Party, friend.

If a few signs and a lone nut are enough for you to lump the Tea Party in with Jihadists then that’s your prerogative. I think people will see your comparison for what it is.

You are being disingenuous if you are going to continue to state that the People were in the wrong to take precautions against a group with no leadership that has made violent threats and taken violent action against the legally elected government of the people in the past.

There was no violent action in the past!

Napolitano??

Is that you????

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Again, I'm not the one that added Jihadists to the discussion. If it is folly, it wasn't mine.

You can't pick and choose whom the members of a movement are, you can only choose which movements to support. These people support a movement that is also supported by people that have done violent things.

I really dont have anything else to add.

ETA-

I'm not the one hiding behind a screen name, mate.
edit on 22-5-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Gee, I wonder why the government might think it needs to protect it's employees and citizens of the United States from TEA Party protesters?

Just because they have security at the IRS, doesn't mean that they are infringing on the people's right to peaceably protest. But when you have a known group that is just itching for an armed gunfight with the government, the government has a duty and an obligation to defend our citizens from all enemies foreign and domestic.

Of course if we didn't have any security there, and some TPM idiot decided to start shooting at people in the building then we would have Benghazi all over again wouldn't we?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

WOW!

Look at all those American's exercising their right to bear arms!

SCARY!!!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You can only threaten violent revolution so many times before people begin to take actions to protect from that kind of behavior.

I would love to see the Tea Party Web Site showing that.

Pretty please with sugar and pink sprinkles on top.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Wait do you people think these securty guards are only around for this? They are always around that is the job of this agency. You find them at most federal buildings. I suppose that does not make it as exciting though.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You can't pick and choose whom the members of a movement are, you can only choose which movements to support. These people support a movement that is also supported by people that have done violent things.

I hear you, mate.

There certainly are a bunch of violent Tea Party members out there itching for a fight.

I sure hope the federal government protects us from them.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You don't know much about the political machine if you believe that the public face of an organization is the one you should believe.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You aren't telling me anything I didn't already add to the conversation. Occupy is also monitored because of past violence.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ruderalis1

Anyone that doesn't understand that the "Tea Party" is just the newest label for a lot of previously existing right-wing extremists hasn't been to their websites. You can only threaten violent revolution so many times before people begin to take actions to protect from that kind of behavior.

DHS = SA and SS

The Sturmabteilung (SA) (German pronunciation: [ˈʃtʊɐ̯mʔapˌtaɪlʊŋ] ( listen); Storm Detachment or Assault Division, or Brownshirts) functioned as the original paramilitary wing of the Nazi Party. It played a key role in Adolf Hitler's rise to power in the 1920s and 1930s. Their main assignments were providing protection for Nazi rallies and assemblies; the disruption of opposing political parties and the fight against their paramilitary units (esp. the Rotfrontkämpferbund); and the intimidation of Jewish citizens (e.g. the Nazi boycott of Jewish businesses).

To me the DHS is turning into the new SA/SS. I also believe history repeats itself and we are not immune to that fact here in the USA

DHS does not exist as an organization. It is an umbrella for many, like border patrol, the coast guard, Immigration and in this case the FPS who have been around since the nations founding to protect federal buildings. To try and compare that to SA/SS show a complete lack on understanding of history or current events. You might as well try and compare the SS to Post Office.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Oh, so those are for certain Tea Party Members?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join