It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden burial pictures will stay secret, Appeals court Rules.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Bin Laden burial pictures will stay secret, Appeals court Rules.

www.washingtonpost.com

A federal appeals court has ruled that the Central Intelligence Agency is under no legal obligation to release photos of Osama bin Laden taken after he was killed by U.S. commandoes at a hideout in Pakistan in 2011.

The unanimous three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit said the photos were properly classified "TOP SECRET" and therefore exempt from the Freedom of Information Act.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-5-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I noticed this wasn't posted but apparently the Bin Laden burial pictures will stay secret, according to the Appeals court in the matter of the Bin Laden burial pictures of course this wont please those whom are already questioning the strange surrounding deaths of the Navy Seal 7.

The question still remains did they even exist in the first place? as for Bin laden i would believe he already dead around early mid late 2001 due to his health condition.

www.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Even if they released them, those who don't want to believe it would simply claim they are fakes.

Rather pointless to let the public see them in my opinion.

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Of course they won't reveal the photos. That's because they didn't exist in the first place, and none of it actually happened.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Of course they won't reveal the photos. That's because they didn't exist in the first place, and none of it actually happened.

And you don't think they could easily fake some photos if they wanted to?

Obviously they exist but they simply don't feel the need to release them.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It's pointless to release them. A bunch of people will either get upset or say they are fake.
I am of the opinion it was pointless to take pictures of it anyways. Why'd they do that??
Dumb move IMHO.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's pointless to release them. A bunch of people will either get upset or say they are fake.
I am of the opinion it was pointless to take pictures of it anyways. Why'd they do that??
Dumb move IMHO.

To verify.

Really only meant for documentation of the event, not to prove anything to anyone.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

There are already fakes floating around on the internet. None of them are convincing.

All in all it's probably easier for them to just outright refuse. I mean, what's anybody going to do about it?

I remember back when I was around 11 or 12, I saw the photos of the Columbine shooters that were taken after their suicide. You're telling me they have absolutely no problem with releasing post mortem photos of two kids who trolled a high school in 1999, but they flat out refuse to release a few photos of a dead terrorist?

Seems legit.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well they could fake them but they would probably be sussed out.

I would like to see the pictures and the video just so I know it happened.I was pleased to see the video of Saddam Hussein being hanged just so I know it happened.

It shows political fear of radical islam that the USA dos not publish these pictures. Who's scared of who?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Have they not heard of "pictures or it didn't happen"!

Best to keep it all secret and we must all believe that it happened as they say it did.... I mean, would they REALLY lie to us?

edit on 22-5-2013 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

To verify. Really only meant for documentation of the event, not to prove anything to anyone.

I'm sure that was the excuse at the time. But even as dumb as the government can be, they HAD to know that people would be clammering to see the photos and that, someday, they'd leak out and there would be trouble. I am of the opinion that taking pictures was a very bad idea.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Well, they have the right to hang onto their pictures and we have the right to believe nothing they say on the matter, whatsoever.

It's not JUST the pictures here. It's letting the key Pakistani who made this happen, go to a Pakistani Prison for his help and rot for what will amount to life over it. It's about secrecy on all things related to this...EXCEPT what might be helpful for a movie of course. (
) Yeah... Classified is context based in this White House.

It's about the decks and spaces of the Vinson being cleared so even U.S. Sailors onboard the ship it was supposedly done from, couldn't see a thing or know anything had even happened for certain. They did everything possible to make what could have been a straight forward event into a mystery and conspiracy fodder...then act surprised when that is about all that happens from it.

Well.... No surprise here. When they hide things, human nature is to look for what is hidden. They handled every stage of it like there was something big to hide...and I'll bet there is too. Maybe...this is the hidden footage?

Couldn't resist.
For as helpful as they've been, that could be what happened for all anyone really knows. Gotta love that transparency they operate with. The most in history, oh yes indeedy!
edit on 22-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

Thats quite true remember how fast they demolished the Bin laden safe house? why?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
It's amazing that almost everything these days gets leaked by an anonymous source, yet these pictures have somehow escaped that fate.

At least we have this one of them watching Dancing with the Stars...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Whether they actually killed him or he died of natural causes prior to this is really just semantics now.

Its obvious that Bin Laden no longer lives so do we really care?

The circumstances of where Bin Laden ended up seem legit. We know he escaped just prior to the Battle of Tora Bora and that members of the Pakistan intelligence service (ISI) who were sympathetic to Bin Laden funneled him into their country and gave him shelter.

We also know that this raid did nothing for Obama whatsoever other than give him a short little bump in popularity that quickly faded so his making this up would be rather pointless and come with more risk than reward.

I really can find no reason to doubt the validity of it but of course, you never know.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For the record, I also don't buy into the whole "They can't release the photos out of fear that it will cause an Islamic uprising" thing.

What a pile of BS. Wouldn't the fact that the US government is saying they killed him be enough to cause anger? What difference would a few photos make? Bragging about the incident would surely be enough to stir the pot.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

of course this wont please those whom are already questioning the strange surrounding deaths of the Navy Seal 7.

what does this mean "deaths of the Navy Seal 7"?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

For the record, I also don't buy into the whole "They can't release the photos out of fear that it will cause an Islamic uprising" thing.

What a pile of BS. Wouldn't the fact that the US government is saying they killed him be enough to cause anger? What difference would a few photos make? Bragging about the incident would surely be enough to stir the pot.

What is there really to gain by releasing gruesome photos?

All it would possibly do is stir up more feelings of hate from those who were sympathetic to Bin Laden. Better to just say you did it and move on.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

We know he escaped just prior to the Battle of Tora Bora

No we ABSOLUTELY do not know this for fact. There is no evidence he ever escaped Tora Bora.

The argument here is that our government is lying to us, time and time again. And this president is complicit in the lies and coverups. He used the Bin Laden event for political gain to advance his re-election effort.

I am tired of being treated like a child by our government. And, I am tired of people who are of lesser intelligence to be made fools of.

I see right through this administration's lies.

If the pictures existed, there would be no reason why they could not release them.

If the pictures existed, they would be fabricated.

Everything about this stinks from high heaven.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Whether they actually killed him or he died of natural causes prior to this is really just semantics now.

Its obvious that Bin Laden no longer lives so do we really care?

How is it obvious?

We saw the grisly pictures of Saddam and Kadafi but no Bin Laden. Curious.

But if you chose to believe the msm and the government....fine. Even though they have played fast and lose with the truth as long as I can remember and anyone that gives them any credibility at all is a fool.

My bet is that Osama is living large in Turkey with most of his family. The CIA protects their own.
whatreallyhappened.com...

I'm always astonished at those that rag on and disbelieve the msm and gov. press releases until the information fits with their ideology.

Use your common sense!!! Look at the authorities history!!! Look for sources outside of the US!!!

Don't fall for obvious propaganda!!! Deny Ignorance
edit on 22-5-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join