It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Shoot and Kill Marathon Bombing Interviewee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

FBI Shoot and Kill Marathon Bombing Interviewee

www.huffingtonpost.com

An FBI agent shot and killed a man who had been interviewed over ties to April's Boston Marathon bombing.

The suspect, identified by friends as 27-year-old Ibragim Todashev, reportedly knew Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the older, deceased Boston suspect through the world of Mixed Martial Arts. He had been initially cooperative with police, according to WESH-TV in Orlando. But at some point during the interview process, he allegedly attacked an officer, who then fired his weapon.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+15 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This seems rather suspicious. One would think that the FBI agent would be able to do something besides immediately use deadly force.

Are all FBI interviews videotaped, does anybody know?

In any case, I'd never consent to being taken in for an FBI interview. It's becoming like going in for an interview by the Gestapo.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here's a link to the NBC story:

NBC story on the matter (has more details)
edit on 22-5-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
The only way I'd believe such a story as the one the fbi officer is telling, is if it is confirmed via cctv footage. I wouldn't be comfortable merely accepting a witness testimony from a fellow officer backing up the tale.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

edit on 22/5/2013 by Sauron because: Posting video links - ALL MEMBERS PLEASE READ * Link * Description * Review/Opinion

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Nice how the last article gets in its mention that the dead guy was a "cage fighter." I'm sure the feebs will be using that as justification for having to kill him.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
During an interview they should have support only a door away, and more past that depending on where they did the interview.

I do find it interesting the increasing number of government officials that don't value the worth of a live suspect. Used to be having a live suspect was worth its weight in gold.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
One would definetly think there is a video of this. If it was self-defense then clear this up really quickly and release the video. If there isnt a video, of an interview process with the FBI, then someone really had other motives or a really bad interviewer by the FBI

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
There isn't always video but there should be at least a sound recording of the interview. No point in conducting an interview to not get the data on file.

+13 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Wow, whats going on?

If I didnt know better (and maybe I dont), Id say that the State doesnt want to leave any witnesses.

Isnt that what the mafia does?

edit on 22-5-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Is this a case of the FBI tying up loose ends? Time will tell.

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
There is a hell of a lot of stuff about the Boston bombing that's suspicious as hell, and that's before they started shooting people in custody...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Aren't FBI agents as well as other agents (CIA, NSA, etc.) trained in hand to hand fighting plus the fact that there should have been more then one guy in the room at the time when the shooting happened???
edit on 22-5-2013 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Something doesn't add up at all in this shooting. This seems quite fishy.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

And wouldn't he have been handcuffed to the desk? (or is that only in movies?)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Does law enforcement normal have a side arm in an interview room. Thought that was a danger to the officer.

Edit:

Police tape blocked off the complex of townhomes near Universal Studios where Todashev was shot.

Looks like it was in the field so different circumstance.
edit on 5/22/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Does the FBI normally take suspects into an interview room without searching them thoroughly?

(In case you'd missed it, the dead guy was supposedly in the process of signing a confession to a triple murder, when he suddenly pulled out a knife. Yeah, right! )

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
According to the article I read, they were interviewing him in his apartment when it went down. "Imminent threat of harm," so the agent blasted him.

Yeah.

So let's look at the scorecard:

2 killed
1 maimed in a way that he cannot be interviewed. And we could postulate that he is likely only alive because of the attention drawn to the manhunt, with the possibility that any malfeasance on the part of the "arresting" officers would go public fast. Better just to cut his throat while he's in the ambulance, so nobody can see.

This is all too convenient. I really wish these events (9/11, Boston, for example) didn't have so many things that make a cover up or conspiracy plausible. Arrests with trials and convictions based upon obvious guilt would give me a lot more confidence in the veracity of our government and its agencies.

Bleh.

-Mordeen

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
reply to post by roadgravel

Does the FBI normally take suspects into an interview room without searching them thoroughly?

(In case you'd missed it, the dead guy was supposedly in the process of signing a confession to a triple murder, when he suddenly pulled out a knife. Yeah, right! )

Do you have a link for the supposed confession and knife pulling?

It sounds to me like the FBI was interviewing them from an apartment and not an interview room.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
You know what doesn't add up?

He wasn't holding a gun.

If he didn't have a firearm in his possession, there's no justification for the use of lethal force.

They knew he was a MMA fighter. He knew how to use his strength. Any responsible officer would have taken precautions. He wouldn't be able to go inside a tiny room with a couple of officers.

This is the smoking gun.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrInquisitive
This seems rather suspicious. One would think that the FBI agent would be able to do something besides immediately use deadly force.

The interviewee was into martial arts.
He easily could have been using deadly force against the FBI fella.
Afterall ... the interviewee knew the cop was armed but attacked anyways.
So you'd think that the interviewee would go all-out on the cop he's attacking.
The cop probably had no choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join