It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming debunked: NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

The ice at the North and South poles are melting at an unprecedented rate. The ocean currents are getting all wonky and changing the weather patterns. Storms are getting much more severe and deadly. ex OKC.

NASA thinks that's a result of cooling?

Hurricane season this year is going to be Biblical. I'm glad I live in the Rockies!!!

And yet south pole ice is at its highest amount its ever been, report in climate depot blog.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

The article cited does not tell what spectrum of solar radiation is reflected. It may well be that the radiation spectrum from a coronal ejection is different from that of normal sun radiation. To be honest, not enough technical details are provided in the article cited in the OP to come to any conclusion. Hence, the cited article and the OP are both being disingenuous and possibly biased. The article is definitely biased by the paragraph at the end saying that one of the original scientists proposing global warming has "conveniently retired".

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubSea
I have been on this Earth for almost 66 years and this "anthropogenic global warming" issue is absolutely the dumbest thing I have ever seen. That so many people are swallowing that stupidity hook line and sinker is just incomprehensible.

Build a sphere (you know a big round ball for those recently graduated) 800 meters in diameter and you can put every living human being on Earth in it. We represent less than 1 part per billion of the atmosphere out to 5 miles. Now try to convince me that we are changing the climate.

The climate IS CHANGING it has changed over time since the Earth existed and it is going to keep changing but man's existence on Earth has absolutely zip to do with it.

So you idiots that have swallowed Al Gore's Kool Aid can happily pay your carbon taxes and continue getting fleeced by him and his following of mindless minions.

We are headed for the next ice age. The temperature of the Earth is going down. Those numbskulls are spraying stuff in the atmosphere to block the Sun. Like the Russian climatologist said a few years ago.."Buy blankets!"

Some people do not get wiser with age.
You are perhaps one of those.

Humans have always impacted climate. The current humans are impacting the climate at an unprecedented rate because of massive mining activity and burning of fossil fuels at a gigantic scale.

Issue is not the size of human body w.r.t. earth's size. This is a silly thing to say.

The human CO2 emission is more than 5 ton per human per year. This emission is around 100 times human body weight per year, and 7000 times human body weight for each person's lifetime.

Here is the link;
co2now.org...

These figures are absolutely massive. It is not only emission per person, but also massive human population of modern time.

The pollution is not limited to CO2. The industries produce a variety of environment changing pollutants.

Some of the CO2 is absorbed by water bodies and soil. This is the reason not all of CO2 shows up in the atmosphere. However CO2 in water and soil is worse than in the atmosphere, as living creatures in water and soil need oxygen for survival.

However I know that the current human population is the dumbest in history and will not listen to reason. There are plenty of people like you who live in a fool's paradise.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Al Gore's movie was filled with so much dis-information. I recall his chart has been disputed, the temperature rise and fall he showed was correct, so was the CO2, but what he left out was that the CO2 rise followed the rise in temperature. I think Freeman Dyson is more correct about his assessment of the issue. Still there are those that make the claim mankind is the number one source of CO2 on earth. In the past, long before man stepped on earth, the temperature and sea level were on average 6 meters higher and as far as the temperature I have heard 10 degrees hotter than it is now. Over the past 15 years I saw a story that says it has been getting cooler.

Ironically it is the environmentalists stance against Nuclear power that has led to the dependence of fossil fuels. If we went nuclear, this would also make it easier to go hydrogen, or place inductive coils under roads and much like wireless chargers you can buy run an electric car. Of course we are looking at a time table of 50 to 100 years to replace fossil fuels. It can't be done overnight. There are designs of reactors that are meltdown proof now. Fighting over what causes climate change, when there is scientific proof natural climate change is far more extreme. As far as the storms go, we are seeing a repeat of a cycle that hit in the 1950s which saw worse tornadoes, the fact is however back then there was very little in their path to destroy. Today there is a lot more people that have built right in the path of these storms so their effect will be more death and destruction.

The northern fishing fleets have reported growing ice packs far earlier, and lasting longer than in the last 30 to 50 years. The fleet sustained more ice damage this past season than ever. The "doomsday" predictions of Al Gore are false. It is the main reason why the term "Global Warming" has been abandoned and now it's "Climate Change" well Earth's climate has always changed. Here is an interesting article about the current temperature change.
www.forbes.com...

What we need to do is end the debate, and start figuring out how to adapt to the changes. The amount of fossil fuel use is rising on a global scale. China, India, and Africa are adding cars and roads, factories and power plants and that is not going to change anytime soon. It is time to adapt to the changing climate, because mankind will not be able to do anything to control the climate.

I doubt space aliens from the far side of the moon will mount a rescue mission either.

edit on 23-5-2013 by USSGOBLiN because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by USSGOBLiN

Dear Friend,

First let us cut Mr Gore out of this discussion as he is not around to defend himself.

Second, the snow and build up of ice is affected by oceanic currents which are seriously disturbed due to human activities. This needs far more "scientific" study compared to just testimony of fishing vessels.

This issue has become deeply political as nobody wants a cut in 'GDP'. Cutting fossil fuels is being seen as equal to a cut in 'GDP' and living standards.

The way our planet works is that it has elasticity. So climate events do not happen until planet is able to cope with the changes. However as things continue building, the planet will just fall off the cliff and massive changes will occur in a matter of days or months.

What happened a long time ago is not easy to understand. It is true that ocean levels have risen and fallen but we do not necessarily understand the reasons. There are many factors on this planet including our star 'sol'.

The issue today is the human created factors as humans live on this planet in ever increasing numbers. We should not kill the prospect of our children by our unbridled greed.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
wow what the heck will the weather channel do now that its out that gobal warming isnt man made wait......... climate change isnt real
they cant run the man is evil programming lol

edit on 23-5-2013 by blackz28 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
Uhh so the bit in the article that states that the heat produced by the earth is far far more than the heat that is produced by the sun when it hits the thermosphere, was ignored.

Seeing as the upper atmosphere helps reflect the suns heat (as we know it to do) as well as trapping heat already contained in the atmosphere, which one do you think would be impacted on, by more co2?

Venus has a lot of co2. Should be pretty chilly there. If it weren't for all the co2.

nah, it's all a hoax, silly nasas. put their foots in it.. even if the article is over a year old and doesn't imply any such thing.

Plus, if the globe is getting warmer then why is it so cold ? answer that smart guys. and magnets. and monkeys. science. what a bunch of loonies, rite!!!

I am sure the fact that one side of Venus is always facing the sun for over 200+ day's before rotation happens might impact the temperature of Venus, combined with an atmosphere that is 93% thicker than Earths atmosphere(the atmospheric pressure would kill a person on Venus before the heat and toxic gases)

Combined with the oddity of this find( a layer of super coldness between two hot layers in Venus's atmosphere):

www.dvice.com...

Carbon taxation was always a bad idea, stopping deforestation isn't though. That is how you can spot the difference between a psychopathic commie, or someone who is legitimately worried about the well being of our planet.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

No, the true data does not suggest global warming. That is the main piece of disinformation. Another piece of idiocy from the Global Warming zealots is the insistence of filling fields with trees to counteract the CO2 levels. An acre of grasses converts 3x the amount of CO2 as does an acre of trees.
edit on 23-5-2013 by yamammasamonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I go to naturalnews (feel like I am going to cracked.com but less reputable when going to them) strictly for their sources to find the spin.

I then go to the nasa link they are discussing

nowhere in there does the article even remotely suggest what natural news is saying.

one thing about natural news..if your quoting it, your almost certainly wrong...this is no exception.

This is the bit that naturalnuts is discussing

Mlynczak is the associate principal investigator for the SABER instrument onboard NASA’s TIMED satellite. SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances that play a key role in the energy balance of air hundreds of km above our planet’s surface.

“Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats,” explains James Russell of Hampton University, SABER’s principal investigator. “When the upper atmosphere (or ‘thermosphere’) heats up, these molecules try as hard as they can to shed that heat back into space.”

Carb Dio reflects (lots of) solar radiation back into space (and shoots some energy to earth also in the process)..long sciency explanation., the issue is it traps heat from the earth into the earth

Most of the light energy from the sun is emitted in wavelengths shorter than 4,000 nanometers (.000004 meters). The heat energy released from the earth, however, is released in wavelengths longer than 4,000 nanometers. Carbon dioxide doesn't absorb the energy from the sun, but it does absorb some of the heat energy released from the earth. When a molecule of carbon dioxide absorbs heat energy, it goes into an excited unstable state. It can become stable again by releasing the energy it absorbed. Some of the released energy will go back to the earth and some will go out into space.

Consider Carbon Dioxide like a blanket..sure, it may help keep some beams out. Putting on more and more blanets and such on a hot day is not wise..because even though it is more or less keeping the sun off you, it is heating up from both your body and the sun also, making it hotter and hotter inside.

What Naturaldestructivenews is suggesting is that we should then toss more blankets on us because..you know...Obama!

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Great finding!

I always knew that CO2 was supposed to COOL not WARM the atmosphere (like when volcanoes erupts, and the temperatures are colder), but Global Warmers were always trying to convince that it was the other way around.

S&F!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join