It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming debunked: NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Global warming debunked: NASA report verifies carbon dioxide actually cools atmosphere

www.naturalnews.com

Practically everything you have been told by the mainstream scientific community and the media about the alleged detriments of greenhouse gases, and particularly carbon dioxide, appears to be false, according to new data compiled by NASA's Langley Research Center. As it turns out, all those atmospheric greenhouse gases that Al Gore and all the other global warming hoaxers have long claimed are overheating and destroying our planet are actually cooling it, based on the latest evidence.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
For me this doesn't come as much of a surprise, as IMO, CO2 being tagged as the evil perpetrator of Global Warming was very convenient. Convenient to the extent that it gave TPTB a great excuse to introduce taxes on emissions of CO2, and just who isn't reliant on the CO2 producing machine?

However, very embarrassing for NASA in the fact that the studies conducted after a recent solar storm , contradicts it's own climatolagy division, who have claimed that green house gasses including CO2 are the cause of Global Warming.

So the question really is if Global Warming is in fact occuring, and data suggests it is, then what is causing it? If it's not CO2, then are we still willing to accept the taxes being applied to our personal emissions of said gas?

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

+2 more 
posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Uhh so the bit in the article that states that the heat produced by the earth is far far more than the heat that is produced by the sun when it hits the thermosphere, was ignored.

Seeing as the upper atmosphere helps reflect the suns heat (as we know it to do) as well as trapping heat already contained in the atmosphere, which one do you think would be impacted on, by more co2?

Venus has a lot of co2. Should be pretty chilly there. If it weren't for all the co2.

nah, it's all a hoax, silly nasas. put their foots in it.. even if the article is over a year old and doesn't imply any such thing.

Plus, if the globe is getting warmer then why is it so cold ? answer that smart guys. and magnets. and monkeys. science. what a bunch of loonies, rite!!!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Engine running has been debunked as everyone knows very
well that car engines dont have legs, the climate will change,
it always has, man made problem maybe not but it will be a problem.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

I'm sorry but whoever wrote that doesn't seem to grasp what NASA reported, at all (unless they were deliberately lying).
It is also unfortunate that you swallowed it.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Funny that,

It seems that the climate has been cooling these last few years. For example, here in italy its currently only 16 C. Nearly June....should be in higher 20's to mid 30's. Snow forecast just north of here the next few days and due to get much colder......this is crazy cold for this time of year. NASA realise its getting cooler so have changed their opinion about CO2. CO2 is not the problem....industrial emissions, heavy metals and toxins are destroying our planet but we cannot be taxed for that as we generally dont produce these toxins. If they blame CO2, that means they can blame us and tax us. Its a con and while we are being conned the planet is still dying and the true issue is not being dealt with by the big corporations.
They are killing us and our planet (and themselves) just to make more profit.

Like most denyers, I do not think it's ok to pollute...I just do not believe the lies we are being told about the causes but still do everything I can to reduse my impact on the environment. Grow my own olives, veggies (all heirloom....no GM on my plot) using no pesticides or chemicals what so ever, yet my plants are just as healthy as everyone elses (most people cover their olives with synthetic copper sulphate...even the registered organic olives.....in fact I know of nobody in Tuscany that doesnt do this....scary).

More CO2 means more plants/trees, which means more oxygen. Doesn't that seem obvious? Or is this not the case? Im no scientist so could be wrong. If so, can any scientists on ATS explain?
edit on 22-5-2013 by greavsie1971 because: adding more clarification

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
However, very embarrassing for NASA in the fact that the studies conducted after a recent solar storm , contradicts it's own climatolagy division

It doesn't contradict anything.
What they observed was something cool (in every sense of the word), but nothing they didn't already know.

, who have claimed that green house gasses including CO2 are the cause of Global Warming.

And they still do.

So the question really is if Global Warming is in fact occuring, and data suggests it is, then what is causing it?

CO2?

If it's not CO2

It's CO2

then are we still willing to accept the taxes being applied to our personal emissions of said gas?

Obviously

edit on 22-5-2013 by Nevertheless because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The climate changes... always has..always will.

It seems as nothing is free...even the climate, we must pay for.

For anyone interested in an in depth perception about our climate click on the link (signature) below about the Local Interstellar Cloud.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Nasa link

Just read the report on NASAs own website, and it doesn't say anything about CO2 having a negative or positive effect in regards to climate change. Don't think it ever mentioned climate change.
They just talk about how CO2 shields us from the sun, and how this could be seen especially clearly recently.

Did I miss something?
edit on 06/06/12 by Mads1987 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

SABER monitors infrared emissions from Earth’s upper atmosphere, in particular from carbon dioxide (CO2) and nitric oxide (NO), two substances that play a key role in the energy balance of air hundreds of km above our planet’s surface.
Balance is the key word here... Upset the natural balance of CO2 in particular (by dumping #loads more CO2 into the system) and you will have problems. It's actually quite a simple concept to understand.

Here is a brief summary..

The temperature of the planet depends on the balance between how much shortwave radiation emitted by the sun is absorbed by the earth (about 73%), how much is reflected back into space (about 27%), and how much longwave infrared radiation earth emits into space. As this infrared radiation emitted from earth’s surface passes through the atmosphere on its way to space, some is absorbed, heating the planet. This heating process is called the greenhouse effect. The greenhouse effect has been crucial to maintaining earth’s energy balance and temperature throughout its history, making the planet habitable. Recently, scientists have concluded that earth’s energy system is out of balance, as increasing concentrations of greenhouse gases are causing additional energy to be absorbed. As of 2007, IPCC scientists are over 90% certain human-induced (anthropogenic) greenhouse gas emissions have caused the global increase in average temperature since the mid-20th century. Recent studies have shown that it is very difficult to explain the warming of the past 50 years without the role of athropogenic greenhouse gas concentrations.

Here is a visual representaion of the scientific consensus on AGW being the cause of global warming..

edit on 22-5-2013 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Is this article coming back to haunt us again on ATS? This was discussed before here, it only references what it wants to reference. It ignores the earth's contribution to the problem and only looks at the sun's contribution, It can help in some situations but causes problems in others. Overall ....increased levels of CO2, methane, and NO2 are bad, with NO2 possibly being ten times as bad as CO2,

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So If there's more CO2 in the Atmosphere.
The more it reflects radiation from the sun.

Great so we're heading for another ice age.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
The simple fact is that there just isn't enough data collected yet to determine what effect, if any, humans are having on global warming.

It will take decades of research and pouring over data to even come close to establishing what effect we have. Its a very young science still.

Its also perfectly normal for the earth to be heating up since we are slowly working ourself out of our current ice-age. Eventually, regardless of human contribution, all the ice will melt....then it will reform again...its a process that has gone on for a very very long time.

Are we speeding up that process or slowing it down?

We just cannot say one way or the other yet. Neither those who say humans are a problem or those that say we aren't know for certain yet.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I knew we were in trouble when the thread title says "NASA report" and the link in the OP went to Natural News. As usual, what we have here is some unqualified persons making wild conjectures from a report that's totally unrelated to said conjectures. If you read the actual NASA report, you'll see they make no conclusion, or even a mere mention, of global warming. Sad, really..

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
So If there's more CO2 in the Atmosphere.
The more it reflects radiation from the sun.

Great so we're heading for another ice age.

We're headed for a fizzy age, CO2 is used to make the fizz in Soda Pop.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Here is a link that explains pretty well how the data is being misinterpreted: Waats Up With That?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
So the question really is if Global Warming is in fact occuring, and data suggests it is, then what is causing it? If it's not CO2, then are we still willing to accept the taxes being applied to our personal emissions of said gas?
NASA's James Russell said it's like a natural thermostat.

So if that's true, do you know how the thermostat in your car works? When the engine is cold, the thermostat stays shut to warm up the engine. once the engine warms up, the thermostat opens up to cool it.

So, is the thermostat in a car engine acting to help heat it, or help cool it? The answer is of course both.

How well this analogy holds in the atmosphere with CO2 I don't know but that's NASA's claim, that it acts like a thermostat. So when too much heat is generated it can have a cooling effect like the car thermostat, but under other circumstances it can have a warming effect, like the car thermostat, at least that's the way I read the claim:

www.nasa.gov...

“Carbon dioxide and nitric oxide are natural thermostats,” explains James Russell of Hampton University, SABER’s principal investigator. “When the upper atmosphere (or ‘thermosphere’) heats up, these molecules try as hard as they can to shed that heat back into space.”
So once again naturalnews proves to be a totally unreliable and not credible source, since they apparently don't understand "thermostat".

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmysinger
Here is a link that explains pretty well how the data is being misinterpreted: Waats Up With That?

Nice. Star for you. From that:

Yes, of course the upper atmosphere is going to deflect and re-radiate the energy of solar storms, that’s why we don’t burn to a cinder when they happen. There’s nothing new here, this is what the upper atmosphere (thermosphere) does. CO2 (and other greenhouse gases – GHG’s) in the lower atmosphere also re-radiates long wave infra red energy (LWIR) as backradiation coming up from the surface of the Earth as it dumps the shortwave solar energy absorbed returns as LWIR (heat) and makes its way to the top of the atmosphere.

The very fact that that site uses the term "Principia" in its title is shameful and a disgrace to real science (and Mr Newton).

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Natural News is not supported around here very well and for good reason imo. As to the issue of warming/climate change, and how much is being caused by humans or not, I don't think it is clear cut. I think it is both rather than either or. I know there are natural cycles and they are dominant, but that does not mean we have no effect or responsibility, imo.
Some food for thought from recent studies.
www.skepticalscience.com...
science.nbcnews.com...
thinkprogress.org...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am really glad I get daily updates from 'climate depot' "longest winter in living memory" "Antarctic ice most on record" "1975, tornado outbreaks blamed on global COOLING""1970 global cooling scare nearly every alphabet org. endorsed ice age scare -NCAR CRU NAS NASA & the CIA!.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join