It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy DIY Ways To Harden Doors & Windows

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 2ndthought

having said that you can always put up a sign! something along the lines of

WARNING these premises are protected by High Voltage Electricity. any Attempt at Unauthorized entry may result in saving The Tax payers money by circumventing the Courts in favour of an instant and Shocking DEATH

If they still want to go ahead then fine, they were warned, Hell it might even keep the Tax man at Bay

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Caulk gun with latex caulk.
Make a box and an x on each window.

When window is broken, shards of glass hang.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramadhiman

Unless you've got some lights going, in a SHTF event, nobody is going to believe you have power for it.

In the regular home defense situation, I have to think most burglars know that an electric fence is usually just designed to produce a mild shock, but still enough to prohibit one climbing it. A fence alone is usually enough to make one skip to the next house target.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Shortly after moving into a new house my wife locked herself and the kids out. Having no spare key and no other way in I had to kick our front door in. I was shocked it only took one medium strength kick and the door was open. I am definitely going to look into the door hardening that braces to the floor.

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Important note, if you have double doors like I do, you'll need a different kit than the one for a single door. I am pretty happy with what I already have, but when checking it out (Strikemaster), I could easily see I'd need something different. They also make one for double doors though.

Currently, I have slide locks in both the top and bottom of each door, where they meet (4 total). At night, as we go to bed and lock up, we use these. Also, we have a security strip on each door, where they meet, that means any attempt to kick in the door will have to go through metal, not wood. Eventually, we'll replace these doors with metal versions (that look like nice wooden ones), like the other doors, but a bit pricey at the moment. (will also help keep them from swelling every time it rains here).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join