It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 vs. Russian School Attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I was just thinking about the reaction of the world toward the attacks on September 11th, 2001 and the response the world had to the attack on Russian school children in a school recently.

In my mind, the attack on the children was at least as deplorable as the 9/11 attacks, since it was on children, yet there wasn't nearly the outcry from the world as was for America.

Why wasn't there a similar reaction to the Russian school attack from the rest of the world? Did Russia not want the world's sympathy or support, or did the world just love America that much more at the time?

This kind of makes me wonder what would be the reaction if America were to be hit hard again. I'm afraid that now, if it were to happen, the world would turn a cold shoulder to the U.S. remembering how we (Bush) acted so arrogantly shortly after.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:08 AM
link   
You are probably right about the world support if we get hit again. My guess would be one of two things: either the rest of the world as a whole are now "used" to increasingly outrageous attacks and are no longer shocked by them, or that with the fighting between Chechnya and Russia over the years it was expected, and the attack on the US was completely unexpected so was more shocking.

I am not sure which way I am leaning here, and both reasons may contribute. Whtever the reason, it is certainly a sad commentary on the human race that the incident in Beslan didn't garner the outrage that it should have.

Gardenia

join