It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious going on's in my home. (Ghost activity and photos.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Recently (March 1st) my Nan and I moved into a new house that is over 100years old, dating back as far as WW1. Since then strange things have happened such as small items going missing and reappearing in a different locations, or not appearing again at all. So far my comb has gone missing 5 times and returned to me after a varied period of time, my cellphone disappeared and my Nan found it behind a chair. But, some items haven't been returned such as an ashtray and a black singlet. We have looked everywhere for them but they haven't turned up the ashtray has been gone for around 4 weeks now.
That is not all though, my Nan has smelled roses on two separate occasions in a room that has no natural source of that aroma, and isn't near a garden. She believes it is a female presence and has called it Rosie. I myself believe that there is a child as I was sitting in the living room (haha) and a small area of condensation like when you breathe on the window appeared in just one panel of glass at child's height.
But most recently the occurrence that prompted me to make this thread happened 4-5 days ago. A hand print appeared on my Nan's towel overnight. The towel was brand new and my Nan doesn't use bleach on our clothing.
The print is bigger then both of our hands and defiantly is male, my hands in their own right are big for a girls and it is larger than my own.
I have taken a few photos of this phenomenon, because as people say on here "pics or it didn't happen", i also have attached a couple of pics of 'orbs' yet they could just be dust e.c.t.
You have my permission to use and analyze the photos if you so wish.

As it appeared on the towel. I have edited this image to show the print better.

Print next to my hand. Edited to show the print better.

Unedited image, so people can see it as is on the towel.

Orbs, unedited but i have circled the orbs so you won't have to search for them.

Orbs, they have appeared to move.

So, if anyone could give me an explanation as to how the hand print happened i would be pleased to hear your opinions. This is not a hoax nor am i attention seeking, i just want to know why these spirits or whatever are doing these things.
edit on 5/22/2013 by NZkraw because: broken image

edit on 5/22/2013 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Okay... so... the orbs I think you can quite happily discount as dust. That's a pretty common phenomenon, and particularly easy to diagnose given that the images have clearly used the flash on your camera.
Try disabling the flash, opening curtains etc. to let in natural light, and take the shots again - you won't get the orbs without the flash.

The 'hand print', however...
I'm actually having trouble seeing a hand print. I can see what you're describing, but it's either a horribly disfigured hand or just a big stain, perhaps from bleach or something being added to a wash. It doesn't look like a normal human hand at all... or like a hand at all, for that matter... unless I'm missing something...?

edit: image added.
This doesn't look at all like a hand print... you can see blotches extending far away from the 'print', while the 'print' itself is so distorted as to be entirely subjective in terms of interpretation.

edit on 22-5-2013 by Awen24 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

Thanks you for your reply, yes i can discount the orbs as they have many different explanations 99% of which are from common things in the camera lens.
The handprint is different, my Nan doesn't use bleach in the wash and none of the washing power has bleach in it as i have read the list of ingredients on the pack and there is no bleach in the bathroom, the towel has only been washed once and that time the print wasn't there, it literally appeared overnight.
Here's a pic of what I see as the hand print, yet the thought of what it could be is already in my mind that could be altering it from what it really is. It could be a smudged print?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Awen24

i understand where you are coming from, if you look at it a certain way it doesnt look like a hand. look at it another way, it does. so i discounted those blotches you were talking about, and -no joke- i think it might be a weird footprint. but im no expert at this, so it could be anything.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I agree with Awen an all counts.
Orbs are dust.

The "hand" print, isnt a hand print at all, its a stain on the towel. It could be there for any number of reasons....ghosts are the least likely lol

So, if anyone could give me an explanation

i just want to know why these spirits or whatever are doing these things.

I think you have already made up your mind, so any explanation no matter how detailed will fall on deaf ears
edit on 22-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Well, it looks like a hand print to me. And the fact that you say it appeared overnight makes me think it is some type of paranormal phenomena. But that's just me.

I don't know if those are orbs, or dust, but they seem to be emitting their own light source, so this tells me they could very well be orbs.

As for the things disappearing, and reappearing... I have had this happen to me all my life. As a matter of fact, just night before last I went to get my two hair barrettes that were lying on the bathroom counter, and they were gone. I just saw them there a couple of hours earlier.
I searched the house upside down, but didn't find them. I asked my daughter if she had moved them, but she hadn't.
I hope "they" bring them back soon because I need them.

In a house as old as this one, you are bound to have a few spirits roaming around. They are probably just trying to get your attention. Unless things get bad, I wouldn't worry about it.
If you feel the need to do a house cleansing and blessing, that should get rid of them.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

A house as old as these....lol....100 years isnt old at all. I suppose for people in the US it seems old but for us Brits its nothing, we have thousands of years of history though

I have things go missing in my place, which is 30 years old, i live on my own....it isnt ghosts though. Its a mix of stress, a poor memory and a cat that likes to hide things. I drop a lighter and it can disappear for a week. It will end up in the weirdest place many feet from where i thought i dropped it. Its not ghosts, its physics and a sneeky cat that when she finds it kicks it all over the house lol.

Do you ever have your sunglasses on your head and look for them around the house?? Its the same thing, people forget they moved things. Its perfectly normal and in no way related to spirits/ghosts.

Orbs, all orbs are dust or water particles in the air reflecting the light from the flash back into the lens. This is why if you walk through a forest at night and take pictures you normally end up with "orbs". Moisture in the air, pollen, bugs etc. Same with the night vision on cameras....infrared, it emits light in a different spectrum but it reflects the same way.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

I'm so glad you showed up. Maybe you are just the person to explain to me how this happened:

"I had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. About a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club. Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went to the bathroom located inside the concession building . As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete floor and made a noise, so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of my eyes, stayed there until I saw it, and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I was pale as a ghost. I told her what happened, and she was speechless! When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day!"

Sorry, OP. I don't want to derail your thread, but AmberLeaf seems to have all the answers, and I've been wondering about this all my life. Please, Amber... explain this to me!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
OP, I totally see the handprint. It looks smeared, as if the "person" pressed down hard and then dragged their hand down the towel.

How it got there? No clue.

Keep us up to date on any new things happening!

S&F

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I'm so glad you showed up. Maybe you are just the person to explain to me how this happened:

"I had a ring setting that was made from Kentucky coal that my husband gave me (ex-husband now). He said it was one of a kind. About a year after we were divorced I lost the setting in the ring at a local club. Three months later my cousin and I went to a drive-in theater (this was in the mid 1970's). During intermission I went to the bathroom located inside the concession building . As I stood and looked up, there was something black dangling in mid-air in front of my face. I thought at first it was a spider hanging on a web, but then it fell to the concrete floor and made a noise, so I knew whatever it was, it was a solid object. As I knelt over getting a closer look, I realized this was the setting from my ring that I had lost three months prior in a totally different place! It was like it just materialized in front of my eyes, stayed there until I saw it, and fell at my feet. I picked it up and put it in my pocket. When I went back to the car my cousin asked me if I was okay because she said I was pale as a ghost. I told her what happened, and she was speechless! When I got home I placed the setting in my ring, put the ring away in my jewelry case, and I have never taken it out again since that day!"

Sorry, OP. I don't want to derail your thread, but AmberLeaf seems to have all the answers, and I've been wondering about this all my life. Please, Amber... explain this to me!

I'm not Amber... but that story gave me chills. The only non-paranormal explanation that comes to mind is that the setting was stuck in her clothes. Maybe the stone had been pulled out, snagged on a thread of fabric or in her pocket. Seeing the dangling spider and the clatter of the stone dislodging from her clothes happened at the same time, randomly and disconnected.

To the OP... I do see what I would describe as a handprint on the towel. If your Nan had been cleaning and wiped her hand on the towel, I would imagine that is what it could look like. Some cleaning products, even if they don't contain bleach, can be harsh on some fabrics. It is eerie, though. I don't think there is any way for us to know how it got there - unless you took it to a lab or something (and I have no idea what kind of lab would take a bathroom towel for analysis!)

If you are curious, I guess I'd encourage you to keep investigating. Learn as much as you can about the history of the house and document everything you can. Have you ever done EVPs? I, personally, am way too chicken to ever do an EVP session
but they seem to be one of the most successful and simple paranormal investigative tools out there.

Good luck, and thanks for posting your pictures. Threads like this are what a I love to see in this forum!
edit on 22-5-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

My Nan wouldn't wipe her hands like that on a brand new towel, and im sure if she had she wouldn't have bothered asking me if i wanted to see something freaky, it's only ever been washed once before. I have done an EVP and got a recording but i dont trust it as ive never done them before and wouldn't know if i was hearing myself or something else it just sounded like it was saying dickhead, the key, or tiki in a male voice haha my Nan sleeps with the radio on in the other room so it could have been that. Theres really no way of knowing.
Im looking forward to seeing what happens when she washes the towel again.

No worries, this thread would have been an empty story without a few pictures of whats happened.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Im not from the US im from New Zealand and it's old for a house here. The oldest is only a little less then 200 years old. Im OCD where i put my things and to lose a comb when i remember clearly putting it on my dresser when im leaving to go out and coming home to find it gone and return 1-5 days later in the middle of my bed isnt down to my cat (hes 16 and hardly playful anymore) or misplacing things, and i've always made sure to ask my Nan if she had placed it there, which she said that she hadn't.
I don't know if it's real or what because my friends and I were adamant that my mounted goats head was blinking one night haha. Thats why i said "spirits or whatever" meaning that it could be paranormal or it couldn't be.
Im looking for any explanation that makes sense to me because Nan isnt one to just wipe her hands on a brand new towel after shes cleaned, even she admitted she was freaked out when she saw it because the print wasn't there the previous night when she had a shower, im sure she would of noticed if it was there then.
Your input hasn't fallen on deaf ears, im searching for the most likely reason as to why it's there.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The flash bouncing off dust in the air is what typically causes orbs like that.

That handprint(which I can see clearly) is pretty neat!
Could you or your Nan be wearing any lotions or such and leaned on the towel?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Looks to me like someone has been eating Cheetos...and NOT SHARING!

Darryl Forests

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Update on the towel:
My Nan washed the towel this morning the hand print didn't come off, now its visible on both sides.

It's not from wiping id think if it was it wouldn't be a definite print like it's been stamped on.
Theres no bleach products in our house.
I have also found a lab that is willing to do tests for common household cleaning products as that may be the only way to know for sure if its from chemicals or something else.
edit on 5/23/2013 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by NZkraw

Yes the orbs can be dust I took a few pics in my room one time because the dog kept staring a certain corner of the room at first I was amazed but I kept taking pics and realized it was just dust.

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
This I would say is the mind wanting to find proof of the said ghost of Rosie.

First there's Rosie so the mind is now looking for further traces of her or ghosts in general, so you take flash photo's and see orbs that are actually dust, you then find a blotch on a towel and distort it in your head to feel its a hand print when its merely a blotch which has all the look of a dropped cup of liquid.

Sorry, I'm not calling a hoax, just a wish to see more than is there..

edit on 24-5-2013 by Mclaneinc because: Thinking faster than I can type and missing parts of words

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Mclaneinc

Thanks for your reply, its my Nan that called it decided to call it Rosie because of her smelling roses in her room on two separate occasions there is no rose perfume or sprays, nor do we have a rose garden. I have already admitted that the orbs could just be dust, water particles e.c.t because that is the most likely explanation.
Your not the one that has a phantom hand print on your bath towel, how does it look like a 'dropped cup of liquid", I believe i have an EVP recording from my room that is a males voice, there are no men in my home apart from my cat haha. At the moment there is no reasoning to think that it is just a wipe stain as some people are thinking, do you wipe your hand by stamping it on the towel or do you scrunch it.

I haven't got the thought in my head that we defiantly have a haunted house there is just strange things going on that neither my Nan or myself can explain.
How can you lose an ashtray when it was on the computer desk the previous night, look everywhere you could possibly look and still not find it.

edit on 5/24/2013 by NZkraw because: (no reason given)

top topics

join