It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

String Theory, Discovered "error correcting codes" and Christianity (An Imaginative Response)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Firstly, I am assuming you already know a little on this subject. If no then there is a good thread here about such things:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As a guy who believes as Jesus Christ did about the nature of the Universe I do think the physicists are onto something.

I am going to be quite brief and just mention the fact that I believe Christ could manipulate this code. How else could He have performed these miracles? He was able to change reality on a physical level.

I think that The Almighty can change this code at will at any time and has complete control of it; He is the Programmer. He made the whole Universe and all eternity. He is eternity.

I think that The Almighty has intervened at many points through Creation (like Noah's Flood, The Miracles of Joshua, Destruction of Sodom, Mary's conception without the aid of Her Husband and loads more).

At the very end of The Covenent of Our Lord Jesus Christ it reveals that He will make a new earth for forever people. I think He can do that.

GOD interacts with His Program when necessary to ensure that it runs in the direction it must. That is why the earth will not be destroyed by men and the Bomb! I know this and I never fear nuclear war. I don't fear dying because the soul I am that is projected into this flesh plasma body of the physical world will have a new body in the New Earth.

Please do not attack me on Religion in this thread. It is a thread to hopefully encourage other Christians to be imaginative in their thoughts of The Marvel of The Universe and more importantly, its Creator The Alpha and Omega Master Programmer!

Science and GOD are one because GOD is a Scientist, too!
edit on 22-5-2013 by Revolution9 because: spelling.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

So, by studying science we can become closer to God? I like that idea a lot.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue

Yes, truely! Many scientists have found God through Science. It is very BIG my friend. Wow!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

He was able to change reality on a physical level.

So does apparently Chris Angel, David Copperfield, that guy Dynamo...and many others...they appear to able to change the nature of physical reality.
I've even seen these guys walk on water...I'm really confused now.

Are they Gods?

Anyway...I have no other comment on your thesis of God changing the code as needed.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
If god created the universe, and the universe is nothing more than a logical maths simulation run on a computer, God could still have created the computer (the platform for the program) and the code (the programs rules and directions).

This news shouldn't bother Christians if anything it reinforces their beliefs no? Intelligent design etc
edit on 22-5-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Biigs
If god created the universe, and the universe is nothing more than a logical maths simulation like a computer, God could still have created the computer and the code.

This news shouldn't bother Christians if anything it reinforces their beliefs no? Intelligent design etc

Exactly!

A Shaman of any tribe would agree!

The only difference coming from a Christian perspective is that I believe Jesus was The Shaman of Shamans appointed by GOD not man. So when Jesus asked GOD to change the program to raise a dead person then His Father did just that because He wanted to show His Power through His Chosen.

See how it all fits?

(This is just my soul's experience of the world, you all have yours', too! Bless everyone of you people on earth!).

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

He was able to change reality on a physical level.

So does apparently Chris Angel, David Copperfield, that guy Dynamo...and many others...they appear to able to change the nature of physical reality.
I've even seen these guys walk on water...I'm really confused now.

Are they Gods?

Anyway...I have no other comment on your thesis of God changing the code as needed.

Nah, they are all very very clever illusionists; very!
Hehe!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

But how do I know that for that fact...how do I know that Jesus wan't also a "clever illusionist"...I guess I can't know that.

Maybe Chris Angel is also the Son of God...just doesn't like to brag about it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

If god created the universe, and the universe is nothing more than a logical maths simulation like a computer, God could still have created the computer and the code.

Exactly!

A Shaman of any tribe would agree!

The only difference coming from a Christian perspective is that I believe Jesus was The Shaman of Shamans appointed by GOD not man. So when Jesus asked GOD to change the program to raise a dead person then His Father did just that because He wanted to show His Power through His Chosen.

See how it all fits?

(This is just my soul's experience of the world, you all have yours', too! Bless everyone of you people on earth!).

On that basis if you want to change the program and it pleases GOD THE PROGRAMMER there are ways of perhaps achieving this?

I also believe that once we stop killing eachother so brutally and accept the Spiritual Food offered by The Mighty Programmer of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob then the nuclear program nightmare that those not in the know live under the weight of might well be deleted. Like some brilliant young scientist being able to neutralise radiation. Obviously the plan at the moment to stop us fighting and wiping each other out is the M.A.D syndrome.

That's how it all works...just may be???

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

But how do I know that for that fact...how do I know that Jesus wan't also a "clever illusionist"...I guess I can't know that.

Maybe Chris Angel is also the Son of God...just doesn't like to brag about it.

does that really matter if he was a 'fake', just an illusionist?

If the effect was achieved does it matter if it was divine or smoke and mirrors?

If Jesus was to return again he would need some damned nifty tech to fool us into believing him this time around, but should that matter?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The Holy Bible is The Master's "Programming For Dummies" Book of books, lol!

May be!

Right, made my point.

I pray Dear LORD let some of my people see these Words and know you are ever with us. In Jesus Name i pray!
One Love Michael.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Well considering the things being done, and things that have been done, in his name, yeah, I think it matters a heck of a lot.

Because you've got thrones of people wanting to kill gays because it's a sin, you've got millions of people who want to deny gay people rights, because it's a sin. You've got holy wars based on peoples belief in god.

So yeah, I think it matters a heck of a lot if he was a fraud. Or existed at all.

See that's the thing, plenty of good came out of it, and nothing will really change that, I'm more concerned with the evil that has been done and justified in his name.

I for one have always wondered why the intelligent designers ignore the science, it leaves ample room for a god or creator.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I don't follow you line of reasoning...If you could explain further. If he was an illusionist, than by all accounts he was a fake...because he didn't claim he was an illusionist, but the Son of God.

It really does matter...does it matter if you pray to false Gods ? All religions say so...

Oh yeah...string theory...yada yada

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

But what is happening must be Gods intentions right?

I dont agree with gays being shunned or wars fought for religious reasons at all - but then im not a christian.

Jesus did Gods work, was it Jesus that said when he was on earth, to kill people in Gods name or to shun Gays? I honestly dont know, he could have.

I was only saying that the universe being a coded computer simulation does not change christian beliefs, whether they are morally or factually correct is largely irrelevant.

The universe is massive and amazingly complicated, if the 'designer' took the time to do all that and sacrifice his son - i bet theres a lot of "trivial" things done in his name that he does not care about. Man like to make mountains out of mole hills after all.

"A man slept with another man this is an outrage of Gods will!" who cares if the solar system has been heading towards a black hole since before live existed on earth. see what i mean. Bigger things to be conserned with on "gods level"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

God and Jesus wanted the effect. What if there is no such thing as defying the laws of he universe, if people believe that they need to see something they think is divine magic to get the effect then it doesn't matter.

You are perhaps implying that a miracle has to be "genuine", if you do not understand the difference between the illusion and a miracle why go to the effect of making a Marcile?

A child likes sweet things, if that's a £10,000 best on the planet lolly pop or a 50 pence one, the kid doesn't care - so why bother?

In a universe of intense logic and perfect math this makes more sense than you seem to be willing to accept.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

God and Jesus wanted the effect. What if there is no such thing as defying the laws of he universe, if people believe that they need to see something they think is divine magic to get the effect then it doesn't matter.

You are perhaps implying that a miracle has to be "genuine", if you do not understand the difference between the illusion and a miracle why go to the effect of making a Marcile?

A child likes sweet things, if that's a £10,000 best on the planet lolly pop or a 50 pence one, the kid doesn't care - so why bother?

In a universe of intense logic and perfect math this makes more sense than you seem to be willing to accept.

Illusion and miracle are two different words conveying two different meanings. I know what you are driving at, but I know that miracles can happen. They are not illusions.

Illusions are little white lies so to speak. That is why The Programmer had to actually change the program at the request of Jesus because that is Truth and not a little white lie.

I believe in miracles and I believe that Science will one day, once men can be trusted with such knowledge, discover how the Program works. Only The Creator will ever decide the content of The Program. Not even Jesus or the Angels can do that EVER!

That is why Christ admitted He did not have ALL the answers. Yes, even The Son of GOD was humble enough to admit that;

"When are You coming back?"
"I don't know. Only The Father knows about that"

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well what you call the event doesnt really matter either, something YOU cannot explain happens.

If you cant explain it, you are literally guessing whether an event is a coincidence, magic or just an illusion of either.

And what difference did that really make, did Christianity exist because of some events deemed to be magical and therefore 'proving' to the masses, that don't know the difference, that it was for real!?

Moses saw a burning bush, he could have been high on unfamiliar berrys, dreaming, seen an unlikely mix of gas and tinder which caused the gas to burn around the bush but not set the bush on fire? Any of these could be true, but to Moses he 'knew' it was an act of God, the real catalyst will always be unknown and thats why i say that it doesnt matter since the effect was achieved.

So why cant an illusion be an act of God the same way a "genuine" miracle is?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Here is one of the major flaws in religion.
Most think that Science is evil.
When Science is just the study of nature.

However what they don't realize is that eventually Science will find and prove that God exists.
It's just a matter of time.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I know if I had the choice to jump into some code I'd written that involved dudes murdering each other and war and death and poverty and crime and sickness and misery and stuff, I wouldn't go "Hey guys, come to my facebook and like my crucifixion. I'll tell admin you're top blokes and we can go to heaven aye? Hows about it?" and then have myself killed on purpose to allow the pixels to enter into the video card.

No, I'd be minecrafting towers of safety and giving redstone to everyone.

Jesus sounds like a prick.

all that processing power and all he did was fish and bread. oh and wine.

nah, he couldn't code to save his life. Literally.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by tridentblue

You are studying God's creation. Since he created everything.
The more you study. The closer you get. The more you see the influence.
You hit it on the head.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join