It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fort Hood shooter still receiving pay, while victims suffer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

"As reported by Dallas-Fort Worth's NBC 5 Investigates, the injured soldiers are struggling to pay their bills. Because the government doesn't classify the shooting as an act of combat or terror, those injured don't receive additional pay or Purple Hearts.

Receiving the "pay and medical benefits earned by those wounded in combat" would be a big help to these soldiers and their families, reports NBC 5.

Adding to the soldiers' concerns: Major Nidal Hasan, the man charged in the shootings, continues to be paid his salary and has earned more than $278,000 since the shooting...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Well let me be the first to welcome you to the latreen that is the US judicial system.

If you're on the right side, you can commit a horrendous crime and the judicial system will fight for your right to be respected and adored.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

Well let me be the first to welcome you to the latreen that is the US judicial system.

If you're on the right side, you can commit a horrendous crime and the judicial system will fight for your right to be respected and adored.

Why are you blaming the judicial system when they don't write the laws. He is receiving pay because of what's written in the Uniform Code of Military Justice which was an act put together by Congress.

That would make this a legislative error, not a judicial one.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I'd happily read and respond to your post, Hopechest, were I not epileptic.

Most avatars are quite quirky and enjoyable - otherwise I'd block all of them.

Unfortunately, I must run a search on each new page for your name, and when found, I must scroll slowly until your name appears, and then I have to go for the "page down" button to move past each of your valuable contributions as quickly as possible. But I'm sure my efforts will wane one day and you'll get me! Now where's my seizure emoticon...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I must run a search on each new page for your name, and when found, I must scroll slowly until your name appears, and then I have to go for the "page down" button to move past each of your valuable contributions as quickly as possible. But I'm sure my efforts will wane one day and you'll get me! Now where's my seizure emoticon...

I believe if you simply hit the escape key you can disable all avatars on any given page.

At least I know its something as easy as that.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

I believe if you simply hit the escape key you can disable all avatars on any given page.

You're very correct - good job! However, to address this concern I included this line in my response to you:

"Most avatars are quite quirky and enjoyable - otherwise I'd block all of them."

In other words, your responses don't entertain me more than the animated avatars.

edit on 5/22/2013 by chasingbrahman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

You're very correct - good job! However, to address this concern I included this line in my response to you:

"Most avatars are quite quirky and enjoyable - otherwise I'd block all of them."

In other words, your responses don't entertain me more than the animated avatars.

Well I am not really here to entertain you of course.

I am here to share my wisdom with you so that you may become a more educated individual. I would suggest spending more time reading my words instead of looking at pictures.

new topics

top topics

join