It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Day in the life of a Boom Operator...Part 2- The PICS!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
While you guys drool over pictures of little metal crafts flying through space doing nothing for our species or civilization..

Im thinking.. "What a waste and robbery of tax payer's money"

Yea.

All that money taken from hard working tax payers so a few lazy pilots can enjoy their "toys" and flying around wasting tons of $.

Hope the pics are worth it, slaves

While you dismiss it all as the work of slaves and robbery, others admire the pure mechanics, technology and beauty of the things mankind is capable of creating. I personally see hope in that, if we can make these things now, what else will we be able to make once we stop warring?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by covertpanther
While you guys drool over pictures of little metal crafts flying through space doing nothing for our species or civilization..

Im thinking.. "What a waste and robbery of tax payer's money"

Yea.

All that money taken from hard working tax payers so a few lazy pilots can enjoy their "toys" and flying around wasting tons of $.

Hope the pics are worth it, slaves

Doing nothing for our species or civilization? How about you have a read up on how military R&D comes down to the private sector and benefits people such as yourself.

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well Im sure your militaristic-sarcasm would drop

There is no need to fly around in empty space - just so one can simply spend milllions and billions of dollars..

Your a military background; obviously you wouldnt understand. Its like telling a hockey player to hit the puck with his skate..

posted on Aug, 1 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

If you don't like the military simply stop using all the things you've gotten from them spending billions of dollars on defense. You know, things like canned food, GPS, the internet, all the little things.

The world is dangerous, and until people can learn to get along, guess what, we need a military. That means training, and flying around, and spending lots of money. The world isn't going to suddenly get along just because we stop spending money on the military.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Here is a nice video from aerial refuelling in Poland. In my opinion aerial refuellings usually takes over Baltic Sea. But I know some which were seen over Lodz.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by GroomLakePolishFAN

I love those videos, but they piss me off to see other countries flying KC-135s. So many times I had birds just sit for weeks at a time because there wasn't a tanker available to move them where they needed to go, after they broke. Then they go and sell a bunch of KC-135s to other countries.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I know what you mean. We(Poland) don't have any tanker in our air force. I heard that many KC-135s which refuelling our planes are from England and France. F-16 is the best machine which we are having
On YouTube you can see some take offs from the Lask airport, which is the largest military airport in Poland.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I remember when they announced the sale of them to Poland. The pilots were really excited to get them and couldn't wait.

The tankers from England are USAF tankers out of Mildenhall, France uses KC-135s, and the Dutch use KDC-10s, similar to the KC-10 used by the USAF.

We had two F-16s sit there after they had broken, for 82 days before we could finally attach them to a tanker going the right direction. We had to do a functional check flight before they could leave, because they had sat for so long. As well as have them gone over with a fine tooth comb by the F-16 unit they were attaching to.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by covertpanther

Have you researched history at all? Specifically, have you read about the disarmament movement in the 1920's and 1930's, to which governments paid attention and countries massively disarmed themselves, to the point where, once it was realised that Germany was being run by a homicidal maniac, it was very nearly too late to do anything about it.

Peaceful ideals are all very well, but they aint worth a spit if you cant defend them.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
This is a great thread. Love the personal pics.

I've spent some time on an air base mostly around the CF-18s on 4-wing.

Getting awoken every morning to 4-5 of them screeching over the house. Good times.

posted on Aug, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

I remember when they announced the sale of them to Poland. The pilots were really excited to get them and couldn't wait.

The tankers from England are USAF tankers out of Mildenhall, France uses KC-135s, and the Dutch use KDC-10s, similar to the KC-10 used by the USAF.

We had two F-16s sit there after they had broken, for 82 days before we could finally attach them to a tanker going the right direction. We had to do a functional check flight before they could leave, because they had sat for so long. As well as have them gone over with a fine tooth comb by the F-16 unit they were attaching to.

Thanks for good post. I always thought that we haven't got any tankers. Polish Air Force is having 48 copies of F-16, 32 Migs-29, 32 Su-22 and some others... you can check it on wikipedia. I'm suprised that we are having 5 copies of C-130 Hercules, one of them flying by day to day from EPKK. Two weeks ago I have a luck and saw when it was under a tests and doing several low passes and touch-and-go manevuers.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Here is a link to Air refuelling at Air Show Dęblin in 1998. It's only movie where you can see refuelling recorded old VHS camera. Nice to know that at Poland there were showing that manevuers at that events.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You'll be interested in this article.

www.flightglobal.com...

posted on Aug, 7 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Polish Air Force regulary make changes by some time. Of course, it isn't that frequent like in other countries. They were with F-16s on Red Flag exercises in Alaska. I remember when my dad told me interesting story about some tests at EPKK airport. At military part of the airport they tested some usual aircraft which flew with only one running engine from several. It was in 80s.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

We need to get all the ATS Avnerds together in one place. We can call it "Avnerd Con 1".
Then they can really call us geeks.

We all wear matching flight suits and go by secret call signs, Trekkies wont have nothing on us.

Great Thread Boomer!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear

We need to get all the ATS Avnerds together in one place. We can call it "Avnerd Con 1".

We all wear matching flight suits and go by secret call signs, Trekkies wont have nothing on us.

Great Thread Boomer!

wait til you see the one im working on now...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

How much am I getting paid for editing again?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Great Thread Boomer!

You know, that isn't a bad idea in a weird way. Sort of like DragonCon, only with less furry.

Since I just spent the last four months being called Smee, I'll come as Smee. The old lady says it's accurate, although the kids say I look more like Zach Galafianikis.

What Smee, Captain Hook's bosun, might look like:

What the kids think I look like, only a little older:

You see this guy at AvNerdCon with a badge that says "Works for the USDA", you'll know who it is.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Welcome back Smee Galafianikis!

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

Great Thread Boomer!

wait til you see the one im working on now...

I`m trying to, car project keeps me busy

I do have a thread related question that I don't think I saw.

What would be the purpose of refueling a B-52 in a bank like that?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join