It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Day in the life of a Boom Operator...Part 2- The PICS!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: StratosFear

That crazy steep bank? Pretty much because they can. Haha.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks!

I really need to find a do-rag like Smee's. I love that thing.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: StratosFear

That crazy steep bank? Pretty much because they can. Haha.

actually thats exactly right. lol. just because we could. It was something done only in instructor school where the tanker pilots, boom operator, and buff pilots were all in instructor school together.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: boomer135

I see you do not charge these guy is those planes for their fuel. Did you know that ATS- members always help each other out in difficult times... If I give you my coordinates can you fill up my car.....please....tommorow maybe?

Keep-up that amazing job ♫♪♫

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

I see you do not charge these guy is those planes for their fuel. Did you know that ATS- members always help each other out in difficult times... If I give you my coordinates can you fill up my car.....please....tommorow maybe?

actually we charge every receiver that comes up to us. we charge their squadron or wing by filling out basically a receipt. Except the government makes that form so damn long with pointless questions most booms don't like filling it out. But every flight we get their tail numbers from them and if we cant see where they are from we have a database of all the tail numbers to every squadron in the armed forces, including nato jets.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hey boomer...how many butt clinching incidents such as this have you had?

And thanks for the great threads and pics...Keep them coming.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h
nothing that close or big of a jet but I was almost in the cockpit of an f-16 once. Somehow he didn't hit us that day but it made my ass clinch for sure. I've had to call a few real breakaways before though.

and believe it or not in that video that was an instructor pilot. lol

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

I'm STILL trying to figure out how the hell they missed. Even with the bow wave pushing the tail that was close.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: boomer135

originally posted by: zatara

actually we charge every receiver that comes up to us. we charge their squadron or wing by filling out basically a receipt. Except the government makes that form so damn long with pointless questions most booms don't like filling it out. But every flight we get their tail numbers from them and if we cant see where they are from we have a database of all the tail numbers to every squadron in the armed forces, including nato jets.

Isn't it convienient for us that I have a tail number that doesn't make any sense on that form.. LOL.

But seriously... must be some bill to pay. Bit off topic but just thinking about how much oil/ kerosine/ gas is burned on a daily basis by all the US forces.

edit on 22/9/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

Roughly 12,600,000 gallons a day, or 4,600,000,000 gallons of fuel a year for the entire DoD.

Roughly.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Some weeks ago scientist presumed to have found an ocean beneath the earths crust. Must be the same ocean we pump our oil from.

Jeezzzzz,,,,thats a lot of gallons per day..

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join