It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strange, slow, loud, BIG mystery trucks late at night

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Those trucks don't look like anything with that choppy video.

I could gather, from their size description, that they could be transporting gold. No it's not exactly a Die Hard movie with gold in construction trucks sneaking through New York is it? But speaking of construction, some big trucks are actually street paving vehicles that can lay down asphalt quickly, which may explain the night time use.

Or missiles. They might be gigantic missile trucks ready for WW3.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DarwinVsJesus

Wide loads travel whenever necessary depending on the loads. They will travel on the wrong side of the road, or on the shoulder, because of clearance issues. There was a load that had to travel from Canada to New York, and when they crossed the border they had to use the southbound crossing, because the northbound had clearance issues. It's common to see them travelling like that at night when there is little or no traffic to interfere with.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarwinVsJesus
I haven't seen them again. just two nights. no road work.

Guess they are done transporting for now, then.

Wide loads don't go at night.

Yes they do.
Not only do they, you told us all that they in fact did. Why argue against yourself?

What I got was a bunch of replies about how I must be totally wrong and I am making # up.

What you got were a bunch of replies of which you chose to dismiss those that clearly were not the case, and ignoring those that probably were the case. And that really makes it sound like you are not interested in learning what it is, but to create a mystery out of nothing.

unlike 98% of the population, I qualify for MENSA. I'm not stupid. (i'm also not paying dues to be in a snobby organization)

Intelligence is not of much help if it is talked about rather than used. But that isn't really anything I'd need to tell you?

Most of your answers have been such. Either putting your effort into explaining why something that definitely didn't happen - didn't happen, or ignoring / talking about your intellect.

My wife and I drove up and down the highway and saw no roadwork. There's no good reason for anyone to be painting on the shoulder. Or moving on the shoulder then the 'ON ramp" is literally 100 yards or so to the north. If they had come from the highway (i-190) they would have stayed on the highway when it became the I-290.

What is more plausible, it being a transport of big/difficult things and you cannot see why they chose that route, or them doing it a few times for no reason at all, purely as a random thought?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join