It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 of Detroit's neighborhoods most dangerous in the country

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The governor of Michigan put a 4 year lifetime limit on welfare. 4 years and your done kids or no kids and it was retroactive when it took place. They kicked 50,000 people off in the first month. In Detroit it's a battle for survival. There are little to no jobs. A lot of businesses have left the city. Detroit is one desperate situation and desperate people do desperate things. I've seen it with my own eyes and it compares to many 3rd world countries I've seen on TV. Every store in my area that stays open after dark has been robbed. My cousin is a RN at children's hospital in downtown Detroit. She's told me horror stories about kids coming into the emergency room. Stuff that would give you nightmares.

There are areas of Detroit the cops won't go into. My car broke down late one night on Gratiot in one of the areas on this list. My girlfriend and I had to walk home. As we were walking down Gratiot there were carloads of brothers circling us like sharks. My girlfriend started to cry and freak out. We saw a cop car driving down the street. She ran out and tried to flag them down for help they looked at us and kept driving. Finally we were able to flag down a cab. We didn't have any money but the cab driver said she'd give us a ride for free. She said she couldn't live with herself if she had left us.

Detroit is full of degenerates drug addicts and homeless people but there's a lot of good people trapped that can't get out or they refuse to leave.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565

Originally posted by Jahari
reply to post by billy565

Just as simple as that huh? You cant be serious sir.

I'm serious.

What is complicated?

I have very little sympathy....they already get most of my federal taxes what more do they need? I didn't create the neighborhoods.

You reap what you sow.

Whete would you buy your pot and get good deals on electronics?

A perfect example!
edit on 22-5-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

"they" don't get most of your federal taxes....."they" (Michigan) pay more INTO than they receive....in fact, it's the states that voted for republicans and that are red states are the biggest welfare queens sucking up all the tax dollars......ANOTHER RIGHT-WING MYTH....
www.statcrunch.com...

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
here's another list that shows the vast majority of welfare queens (in regards to states) are staunch republican controlled red states. they say they want to cut government spending....BS...they want to cut it for blue states, so they can take it and give it back to their own states....of course, these figures are actual federal budget facts, and not opinions, so they don't matter
timlennoxonline.blogspot.com...
edit on 22-5-2013 by jimmyx because: additions

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Short video showing just a bit of the "Dead Zone".

It does looks like Syria in some areas.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Maybe they could be sent to Texas. The good old boys down there could use the target practice.
reply to post by ANNED

I don't think you really know Texas.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Want to fix it?
How about we make prison just as bad as other countries?
When they get out they will never want to go back, not for an hour.

The problem/s is lack of responsibility, lack of self motivation, lack of respect, just too name a few things.
Why should they care?
They get paid to do nothing but join gangs, do drugs and commit crimes on our tax dollars.

When one goes to prison, they find the same thing, free food, hot shower, bed, TV, drugs, their friends etc...

Why not send in DHS to clear out the gang bangers? The cops are too scared to do it, are gang bangers not terrorist groups?
We could start a program to get rid of the ( working so well
) gun laws, and start arming law abiding people with affordable firearms, bet that crime rate would drop over night.

How about we start a program (all over the US) that lets you stay on welfare as long as you like, being that anyone on welfare will be forced to work 40-50 hours a week, or lose their benefits. There are many things to have them do, not just cleaning the streets.

Yeah, I would start with the prisons and the welfare system.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
by the responses in this thread, who gives a damn..i mean they are mostly poor, black and uneducated. make sure the supply chain of guns and drugs is not interrupted. also, make sure no jobs are created, don't want to give them any hope. after all, as patriotic Americans, we only help the wealthy and well-connected. I know let's cut all corporate taxes and make minimum wage equal to Chinas, that way we can compete globally.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
self-imposed retraction
edit on 22-5-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Detroit used to be a huge UAW town. You don't see a connection between union abuses/over-reaching and the state of the city today?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well heres a chance for the Black panthers to do something worth wile with their miserable existence. Go and clean up your peoples neighborhood.
edit on 22-5-2013 by Retikx because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I was born in Flint Michigan but raised in a suburb outside of it. We moved out of Flint when I was 4 and my mother had married my step-dad. I now live in Saginaw. Which I want out of - but living month to month - it's just not feasible. I've four young children - not just myself where I can pack up in a car and choose to sleep in my car at the truck stop till something better comes along!

Detroit has always been a rough and tumble city - even when it was thriving on the motor industry. That's when Detroit and Flint took the nose dive. When they outsourced the jobs.

What came after was eventual. Poverty stricken areas are rife with illegal activity because this is the business that replaced the legitimate ones that were out-sourced.

Flint has become a ghost of what it once was, just as Detroit - and Saginaw is on it's way out too.

Cirque

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
1. While I am not a huge supporter of New Deal policies, if your going to pump federal dollars into Detriot, don't do it through welfare, get some public works group started. Get those people working for that check...clean up crews, work crews etc....that would be a start. Have the programs be disciplinarian (ie somewhat like military units) and also have off times or off days where they learn a secondary life skill. You don't sign up for a work group....no welfare. You commit a crime, you got to a prison work camp...same deal...no pay.....It's a start....

2. I may be going to grand rapids for business.....what's that area like???

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
You want to leave Michigan, then you do it.

I did it with 34 dollars to my name, and a duffle bag of clothes.

You want to leave Detroit, you do it.

40 miles in any direction.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

I thought yur were exaggerating so i went and looked on google map street view. I started on the east side of Detroit and went through street after street of run down looking houses, and then down a main highway to city centre. Wow that place needs a serious injection of money to fix roads and rebuild run down suburbs.

posted on May, 29 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
There is a simple way to fix the problem.

If you commit a crime in those areas and go to jail.
When you get out you will not be allowed to live within 100 miles of Detroit never again.

Maybe they could be sent to Texas.

The good old boys down there could use the target practice.

Jesus Christ in a chicken-basket, don't you DARE send them to Texas. We're still recovering from taking in all of the Katrina "victims" and crime rates are finally starting to drop again
edit on 29-5-2013 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join