It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Newly Announced Xbox One can recognise your voice, facial features. Is Always Listening to You.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShaithisFerenczy
The games industry now is just full of rushed out sequels and poorly thought out re-makes because they dont have the imagination to make games as good as they did in the 90's to mid 2000's

I agree.

Once they let these goons with business degrees get top call on game content and direction, everything went down the crapper in 95% of all cases.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I recall another feature included that the consumers wanted was REAL PAY PER VIEW on the xbox using the kinetic device.

Apparently or (coincidence I'm sure) , the device can monitor and detect the number of people in a room. Hence if you and your buddies are wanting to watch a movie then they can charge per person just like in a movie theatre.

The game benefits is the bait to get the masses to buy into it , the real raping will come later.

Oh you want to rent a song or a movie? Do you want the personal use package 5.99, family package 10.99 , or friends and family package 19.99.

Unfortunately, the flock are going to get us all raped and nickeled and dimed to death with their instant gratification and disregard for what is to come.

edit on 22-5-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I also heard there is a new technology coming out which is called "puters" or "communistputers", don't remember exactly. It's supposed to be like a TV with a keyboard and you plug the "puter" into what they call the internez.

Every time you write something, it goes on the internez on a public place called "forumz" where the entire world, everyone literally can read and see what you think! The thought frightens me beyond belief. Imagine I were to write something about Obama and then other people on this "internez" know what I think! Can you believe it?

Then there's also something called "webcamz" which is like a magic eye which can see *excactly* what you are doing. Some of the "puters" even have the magic eye built in, there is a hole in this type of device which people carry around on their laps (lappertops)...so they eye can look right at you. And another hole, called "microphoney" where they can record anything what you say and then transfer right to the internetz!

If one thing is for sure, I will never EVER get such a device because it sounds outrageous! I'd be freaked out all day long.
edit on 22-5-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Also a tip: Some tape will cover the camera and mic if you want some privacy.
You can remove it when you want to play.

i was thinking of a picture of a anus and some bathroom noises on a loop.
edit on 22-5-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I heard the same thing. This crazy guys said Its suppose to be real cool when it first comes out , but then they are going to use it to monitor your behaviour, target you with propaganda and ads, then they will even use it against you to prosecute you in court.

What a nutjob we all know the constitution will not allow for it.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Gaming consoles are becoming a thing of the past, so I can understand what Microsoft is trying to accomplish here by making an all-in-one product for entertainment.

Regardless, yes, it's creepy, but you have alternatives. If you don't like the new Xbox, you don't have to buy it. Hell, I do all of my gaming on my computer, so I'm not concerned with what Microsoft does with its consoles.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I foresee a whole new slew of "hacked xbox sex tapes" surfacing once it goes live. People not able to resist recording themselves with the kinetix or something.

I watched the unveiling, and even if I didn't have issues with the privacy, the graphics looked sub par. Even using non game play footage, which historically is 100x better then game play footage. I'll stick with my playstation.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Gaming consoles are becoming a thing of the past, so I can understand what Microsoft is trying to accomplish here by making an all-in-one product for entertainment.

Regardless, yes, it's creepy, but you have alternatives. If you don't like the new Xbox, you don't have to buy it. Hell, I do all of my gaming on my computer, so I'm not concerned with what Microsoft does with its consoles.

You have alternative for now, but a lot of the technology being pushed (tested) will be incorporated to other devices in the future. Microsoft is no dummy and they are giving you instant gratification with some cool kinect stuff upfront in order to get the kinect technology in every home. Then that is when they are going to nickle and dime you to death.

Kinect can detect the number of people in a room, who they are and based on that they will be able to charge accordingly unlike in the past. That means other industries such as video on demand,blue rays,dvd's,,cable companies,electric companies.taxes, landloards,school board districts,etc will most likely exploit the technology in the future as well. Kinetic is pandoras box.

At least that is where I see it going. To much money to be made and saved for it not to be globally implemented. I can foresee the Hollywood industry getting behind the tech and demanding it from hardware manufactures. They would be dumb not to.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
This thread is funny. Its like all the "computers are the devil, rock and roll is evil, tv will rot your brain" crowd are up in arms again over something new.

Technology changes, its gets better and more innovative. If you dont game, and are happy with your rabbit ears, or cable television, then good for you, there is no need to get anything new.

I promise you though, when you go to a friends house and they have one, you will be amazed at the things these new devices can do. Skype calls while watching a movie? Having your game paused and switching to tv or a movie for a bit without losing progress? YES PLEASE.

To all of those claiming the device will be hacked, can you kindly source once instance of an xbox, or xbox 360 device being remotely compromised? Microsoft has kept device security a number one priority since day one. Devices have been knowingly modified by the owner to allow it to do things it shouldn't be able to do, but that has no effect on any other console. Not once has anybody's console been remotely compromised.

This is the future people, either get on board or get left behind.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Its like all the "computers are the devil, rock and roll is evil, tv will rot your brain" crowd are up in arms again over something new.

That is like saying guns kill people. No one is saying computers are evil , but the largest corporations pushing for the tech are not known for doing the right thing over profit margins either. Their are a lot of room for exploits with such a technology and a lot of good as well. The kinect will be able to monitor players heart beat when playing games so I can see where that tech could be used to help someone in a room that is having a heart attack by automatically calling 911.

The tech is coming and nothing you can do about it , but don't be naive enough to think this is all about making a cool game box either.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Except now you don't event need the victim's console to be remotely compromised to access personnal data / stuff...
This xbox uses clouded accounting. You need to be connected to the internet to assign your game to your Gamertag, but all your settings and probably some of your documents/data will now be stored remotely in the cloud.
So, if the cloud gets compromised, it doesn't matter if your console is "locally secure and not accessible from outside your network", your data will be compromised with the cloud.
And this already occured in the past, even if it was without clouding so with a bit less informations to leak.

No system is 100% secure. So now, in addition to the "local risk hack" you also have to rely on the cloud's security.
Sorry, but no. I prefer to rely on myself for this, I don't want my datas to be on a cloud, and I don't want to require to change my local password if the cloud gets compromised.

I completely boycott both ps4 and xbox3 for 2 reasons: 1) The low-end hardware they choosed to bundle into it, it's just a shame to make a console with less raw power than the previous generation (with both ps4 and xbox, the GPU is better than the previous one, they both include more ram, but they both include a #ty cpu compared to the previous generation. Those console will both have CPUs we actually put into low-end netbooks. That's why none of them are retrocompatible. It will sure give better visual results, but it's not a stunning difference like it was from 2 generations ago to previous generation. Those consoles cpus will quickly show their limitations after the "brand new shiny" effect attenuate in the point of view of the consummers.
The 2nd reason of my boycott, is the abuse of intrusive (not necessarely privacy intrusivity, more like "Immersion intrusivity" social/online functions. I don't want to have alerts displayed on the screen when I play games like the ps4 will do, I don't care about sharing videos of my gameplay, I don't want to receive annoying skype calls when I play, I want to be left alone when I play. I don't want to watch tv while playing, so I don't care about all those physical and online gadgets / gizmos. I want a console to play videogames, so i'll stick with my PS3, 360, and my Wii U, which is not revolutionnary, but which at least has the decence to still be a gaming device, and not an internet frontend device, and it's also the only of the 3 consoles which provides better hardware for every componnent in it compared to its predecessor, unlike ps4 and crapbox one...

I only hope enough people will boycott both of these consoles for Sony and MS to requestion themselves about their approach about gaming, and re-do "real" consoles for the next generation, but i'm not optimist about it unfortunately.

This generation is made for investors and distributors, not for gamers. Most features they have, it's editors / devs studios who requested them, MS and Sony asked THEM what they want for this generation (Confessed by Yves Guillemot, Ubisoft's CEO during an interview after the ps4 conference), not to actual PLAYERS.
Most of what the end-user (aka the player) will get with this generation is dust in eyes (not sure about the accuracy of the expression's translation... I mean "Poudre aux yeux" in french, (it describes something that looks impressive, but that is not so impressive if you look with a closer eye.))

I highly encourage people to boycott those two systems, not necessarely only for the "online spying potential paranoia", there are enough other reasons to boycott, even if the paranoia seems quite justificated at this point.
If these consoles are successfull on the market, MS and Sony won't requestion themselves, and re-adopt a similar approach for the next generation, probably even pushing even more far the controversal/scandalous things. The only way to stop that is to show them we don't want that. and there's no better way to show them that than not buying their products. If it succeeds, i'm afraid it would mean that the videogaming will be doomed during the next decade, since it already has been in bad shape for a few years.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghostfreak1

With the simplicity and experience coding for the new consoles, given the hardware involved, we should not underestimate the new consoles just because they're not up to "today's top of the line pcs" well... the ps4 is about half the last i7, with 8gb gdd5 (which btw is pretty impressive) and since the coders will optimize games to run specifically to this machine they dont have to worry about multiple configurations like they do for pcs resulting in a very good quality product - if it will match my pc? Probably not.

But my pc was well over 2k and that ps4 will be 500. And you know what? In 2 years my Pc will be obsolete. And new games will be coming out and my PS4 will still be running them... my pc wont. Not unless I upgrade it again with about 1k. And in about 4 years... the same will happen... my ps4 will again play the new games... my pc will need more 1 or 1.5k in upgrades.

So it all comes back to this: For my games, because its what they are... games, will I have more fun for 1k more? No I wont. The extra bling isnt worth the extra 1k. So, considering the simple architecture of the new ps4 with the 8-core jaguar and the 8 gddr5 I expect to see very good games next year since the developers know the architecture of the jaguar very well, its not like they're trying to figure out the cell anymore.

I see no reason to boycott the ps4 - as for the xbox... well its not a next generation gaming console. Its a next generation console - there is a difference.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I would actually be considering buying one, mostly because currently I have no form of gaming device outside of the computer. As for the advertising aspects to this, there are a couple things that you can do to reduce the amount of data they collect on you.

1. Don't connect to the internet with the new XBox - I mean, it doesn't get much simpler than that. Sure, those listening in probably know you own one, but if you never connect to the internet on it, then how are they going to track you with it? For added security (just in case Microsoft has added the wifi-hacking software onto the Xbox motherboard), you could wrap the unit in tin foil to disrupt the signals.

2. If you must connect to the internet, randomly look up different items, or randomly say different things aloud. You can test this out at places like Amazon, Google, or even Youtube - As soon as it looks like you are getting similar search items, look at something on the other end of the scale (for example, instead of looking up video games for the xbox, switch to something like barbie dolls.

The reason this works is simple: If any "data gathering" is going on, who provides more defined results? A person that always looks up the new games for the xbox, or someone who searches for pretty much anything. A company (such as Microsoft), won't care about the person looking at writing textbooks, because Microsoft wants to find which games are most popular, or what ideas make other games popular.

As for saying things out loud, I just do that for fun when playing games - hey, if they're listening in, then I hope they won't mind hearing swearing, my cat meowing, and more swearing when I lose a level

-fossilera
edit on 22/5/2013 by fossilera because: Grammar

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Well, Microsoft can see us, hear us, know us by name, shape or weight since last seeing us....what could possibly go wrong? I mean it's not like there haven't been suggestions of collusion between the Government and Microsoft products before, right? It could never happen....of course. Could it?

NSA key to Windows: an open question

Nawww... I trust Microsoft 100% to have only the best and most honorable intentions. Absolutely.

Sign me up for one! ........or maybe not?

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
1. No one is making you buy an Xbox 1
2. No one is making you turn it on
3. If by some chance you buy one and feel like your rights are being violated then don't plug it in.

I don't get it. If some people want to use any of the motion sensor game items for their enjoyment then let them.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

No, winofiend , I am already well and truly assimilated, too late for me...I had to use an i pad.

...... Sad, eh ?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by misscurious
Wow.. talk about paronoid.. maybe too much time is spent here by some. Its simple really, turn it off by the mains when your not using it! And when you are they will only "watch" you playing video games..
Your already being "spied on" in every facet of your life and you put your thoughts, feelings and intentions out into the public domain.. its ironic really the nature of this site and its content and what people actually reveal about themselves here...

Quoted for truth. Some people are too paranoid for their own good.

Its a gaming console, people. If anyone is interested in "spying" on you, their already doing it.

Personally, I'm excited about the Xbox One and universal Kinect integration. Its gong to be one hell of a system. Not only for playing games, but for all the media, dash, and 3rd party application features. multi-processing, always on, always matchmaking, with voice recognition and motion controls, plus the new and improved controller...

count me in!

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by misscurious
Wow.. talk about paronoid.. maybe too much time is spent here by some. Its simple really, turn it off by the mains when your not using it! And when you are they will only "watch" you playing video games..
Your already being "spied on" in every facet of your life and you put your thoughts, feelings and intentions out into the public domain.. its ironic really the nature of this site and its content and what people actually reveal about themselves here...

Um...you don't have a problem with a multi-billion dollar organisation such as Microsoft utilising a device which has many privacy issues?

The new Kinect can detect your voice, it knows what you look like. It can analyse the room of which the console is placed in. It can detect a lot of things.

Further, Microsoft was actually planning on using the original Kinect to sell data of consumers (looks, interests etc) to companies for profit. That already indicates that the Kinect is a device able to record individuals for the sole purpose of selling consumer information.

Another possibility. What if the Xbox was hacked? A hacker would have a lot of information at their fingertips...they would be able to watch and listen to you.

I'd rather be 'paranoid' as you say, than subject myself to a device such as the Kinect.
edit on 22-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

Simple solution if you are so concerned about Microsoft spying on you.....DONT BUY IT!

Why is this not considered a serious option by more people? Are "we" so conditioned to consume that NOT buying something we dont want doesn't occur as an option?

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonidas

Simple solution if you are so concerned about Microsoft spying on you.....DONT BUY IT!

Why is this not considered a serious option by more people? Are "we" so conditioned to consume that NOT buying something we dont want doesn't occur as an option?

While Im a huge fan of "dont like it? dont buy it!" it isnt that simple really with things that track and record and spy.

Look at Facebook's "tagging" feature. One never needs to have ever been online let alone have a Facebook account to be tagged and cataloged and tracked now. You just need to be in some photo that gets uploaded.

Considering how many homes have the spare money and free time to make use of these idiot boxes anyone wishing to not be scanned or recorded by one will have to avoid half the homes in America. For me not really a problem considering my friends and family are essentially government hating agrarians but for I imagine for most "typical" people avoiding the homes of friends and family who will have these things in at least one room, often more, will be quite difficult.

Sure you can unplug it. Consider how many Facebook profiles arent set to private or how many DVD players and DVR's are blinking with unset clocks and how even after national outcry for some method of rating and filtering only 5% of parents even know there is a filter setting on an Xbox let alone how to set it.

If people want to invest time and money in bear hugging big brother that's fine and more power to them. It's those of us who are being dragged along for the ride whether we like it or not who I'm concerned with. Simply choosing not to buy is less and less of an option.
edit on 23-5-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Its not like other peoples Kinect can sneak into you're house while your sleeping and listen to your non-sensical ramblings...?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join