It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighting in Michigan 5-21-13

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm posting this in The Gray Area because I have no pictures or videos. Just a story as to what has occurred this night. I wanted to post - because this sort of thing doesn't happen to me very often anymore and the timing is funny. I've been reading a lot of UFO/ALIEN material on ATS and other websites, as of late. Not to mention picking up a pencil as of late and drawing aliens. They've been on my mind as of late.

My husband has his friend over and they are outside just sitting on the porch and talking. I, myself am on ATS, reading threads and musing in my journal as I go along.

Suddenly my hubby says "Babe, get out here quick! Come here.... hurry up!"

The first thing that popped into my head as I headed outside to see what he wanted was - UFO! And as I opened the door both my husband and his friend are looking up in the sky pointing. My husbands says, "We spotted a UFO! Look."

What we saw looked like a star, it was so high up in the sky, but - they weren't. I then automatically thought, satellite. The light was very high in the sky. Much higher than airplanes go, and much higher than any Chinese lantern that might be floating out in the night sky could travel. I wouldn't have thought much of it, until the lights veered off it's straight course, it seemed to stop, then sped up, and did nearly a 180 and started going the other way!

"Woah", we all said in unison.

I only witnessed the one UFO. They witnessed either seeing the same thing two times before I joined them outside. They aren't able to tell me if it was the same or multiple objects. They don't know. They said it would travel for awhile and than just blink out. They were not meteorites, as I'm an avid night watcher and have seen plenty of shooting stars in my days.

This occurred around 11:50pm and I came back into the house about midnight. I live in Saginaw, Michigan. The last I saw, this/these objects were moving North.

What's interesting - is my husband and his friend went up to the corner store to get some cigarettes about a half hour later, and while they were on the road - they saw a helicopter. Which isn't strange in the city - but - instead of the search lights pointing down, keeping check on the city streets below, the search light was pointed in the sky as though searching for something out there!

It's been an interesting night, and I just wanted to share. Maybe somebody else in my area has seen something in the night skies tonight to? I don't own a video recorder, and my camera would have been useless to capture anything but a light in the sky, if it even registered a light that small and that high in the sky. I'm also in the city - so light pollution is a problem. I also lolly-gagged about whether or not I was going to post this sighting, so it's up an hour later than it should have taken.

Cirque

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Historical satellite traffic for any location in the world is found at Heavens Above. Here is the link for your location Satellites over Saginaw Tonight: Lat=43.41945 Lng=-83.9508

Below is a chart of the brightest satellites over Saginaw last night.

At 11:34 PM local time last night over Saginaw, satellite IGS-1A made a bright appearance (mag 1.9) starting almost directly over your head and setting 5 minutes later towards bearing 350 degrees (10 degrees from geographic north).

Hopefully you saw something truly interesting and not just man-made stuff orbiting into, and out of, sun light.

Best regards,
Z

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZrD

Thank you for your response Dr. Zrd

I don't know what I saw, but I'm fairly certain it wasn't a satellite. But I'm not 100% sure, it very well might have been! After talking to my husband and his friend, they state they saw UFO/s two separate times before I got outside. I saw the third sighting. Can satellites be remotely controlled to change direction? If not, I don't know if it could be a satellite.

Maybe it was military and classified. That it might have very well been.

Cirque

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

All modern commercial satellites include small rockets for orbit corrections and the spook birds include larger rockets for years of maneuvering into new orbits. But these rockets are still tiny compared to the power that puts them in orbit and a 180 degree change in direction is impossible (for many reasons).

Use the link I provided earlier to test your observations. Learn when a bright satellite will pass (small or negative magnitude) and see if it looks the same. All you need is a clock accurate to within 10 or 20 seconds, a compass if unsure of directions, and no city lights.

Over the years I learned to identify 99.5% of the strange objects I observed, but not all. A few objects I observed defy rational explanation.

Best regards,
Z

new topics

top topics

join