It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why am I doing this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I actually find that I ask myself that question frequently. Just as frequently the answer is not immediately known. So after many years of coming to this site daily, and rarely participating, why did I somehow find myself on the introductions thread? The answer is.....I have no clue! I have nothing profound to post or anything I need to get off my chest, But since I'm here, I'm going to go with it and crack the window just a little. Maybe one day I will realize the purpose of this post......

A little about me (at least how I view myself):

Not sure where to start or what to say so I'll just start rambling. I've been guilty of sleepwalking through life. At various points in my past I have tried to push the limits of my mind and other times enjoyed the
"ignorance is bliss" mentality. I can't say that either choice is better or worse than the other.

Not sure when or how it happened, but one day I woke up and with a desire to seek knowledge or better yet in keeping with the motto of this site "deny ignorance." I'm a little older now and have responsibilities that I didn't have when I was younger. My methods and objectives now are much different than in my younger years, but I believe the core of what I seek is simply truth. Unfortunately truth, like many things we believe in or desire, may just be an illusion.

I could go on and on, but I will spare you all and limit this to hopefully 1 or 2 minutes of reading a small wall of text. While I'm more than skeptical by nature and choose not to divulge everything about myself in public, feel free to ask away. Thanks for the time reading this and all of your contributions to this site that have given me countless hours of entertainment/research/information.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Welcome

Love ya

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CrawlingKingsnake

Welcome CrawlingKingSnake, Fan of the blues are you? Serious music lover here.
Which forums do you find yourself reading the most?

(happy to give you your first flag just because of your username)

edit on 21-5-2013 by tanda7 because: flag

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Dear CrawlingKindsnake,

Welcome to the fray. Maybe it is just as important to ask us questions as it is to know the answers. What are you interested, which subjects is what I would like to know.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I’ve stood before that mountain of truth, looked up at its heights and found pebbles at my feet.
You write very nicely. Welcome.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Thank you! I am a fan of so many different kinds of music, but I love blues/rock. I think I began to open to the world through the music of likes of The Doors and Pink Floyd.

I really enjoy many of the forums. I find the conspiracy theory forum intrigues me the most. I still read in the political, science, paranormal/ mysterious subjects forums daily as well. I am an expert at nothing, but find I know little pieces of a lot. My interest shifts quickly so it's hard to pinpoint one particular thing because ask me again tomorrow.......

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Hi! Welcome to ATS. They should put a sign on the door that reads, "Enter At Your Own Risk" but for you it's too late.

Glad you're here. Sea ewe around.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Thank you for that compliment! I always have insecurities when I send anything electronically that it will appear ignorant or confusing. The nice thing about the introductions forum is that it's not contentious like many of the forums I tend to visit - maybe that says something about me.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS,CrawlingKingsnake...Your going to fit in just fine here
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

My wife tells me I need to stop researching so much and not always try to disprove everything. Once you begin down that rabbit hole, it sure is a hard climb back out. Thanks for the welcome and I look forward to hopefully contributing more in the future.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
welcome aboard bud and hope to see you around .have fun and lots of it

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
WELCOME!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Glad you finally made an intro.
Enjoy some cheesecake..

See ya around

-nat

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Thank you! I may have to do one every few months to introduce each of my personalities.

That cheese cake looks awesome...... now I'm fighting the urge to get up and go binge.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Why am I doing this?

Because everyone finds it impossible to turn away from the darkside.

Resistance is futile.

So since your here, it's time for your first assignment towards initiation into our elite squadron...

Tinfoil Hat Making 101:

Enjoy !

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Hi CrawlingKingsnake, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Avatar upload: Step by step instructions with pictures (2012),

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Why are any of us doing this?

...to find truth where others refuse to look

posted on May, 25 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I agree I'm not sure why I write these messages either

new topics

top topics

join